+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
Like Tree65Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Shielding Changes on PTS

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Physician is something I've heard specifically mentioned in regards to this change along with Puri. We're paying special attention to it.
    #BuffRog #NerfEveryoneElse

We definitely want PvP feedback on this topic, please test it out!
    WTB PTS
    RGI@Deepwood --- <-Hello Kitty->
    [A Stick]
    King of Conquest

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Accol View Post
    Ocho whats the time table for turning the pts back on?
    Yeah, kinda hard to test something if the servers are offline, heh.
    Mononic - Faeblight

Shadowlander

Red Hawk or Ocho,

I know that this still a work in progress, but could you guys please give us some direct (numbers! =D) exemple in how it will affect Tank shields CDs.

I got little confused about that stuff about "absorb self CD will increse your absorb cap for the duration of the self-shield"

What it "mean"?
    I look easy to understand, but my noob mind make it hard too lol

If my VK have 50% absorb cap, my old big CD 75% health absorb will now not give me shield anymore, but only rise that absorb cap?

If is specifically that, it would be REALLY weird since you would make VK/Arbiter and even Riftstalker depends on have a Puri or Phys to make some use to that "absorb cap increased" by our shield CDs '-'

PTS is online and i can't shield myself in physician. Even tank CD are not working, shield disable?
    T1 clear -- T2 clear -- MoM clear

Sword of Telara

Chloro's living aegis isn't applying any shielding either.

Edit: The green barrier is gone but there's an invisible wall. Trying to bypass still says the zone is locked, but the map greyness clears where you go near the edges.

Alas.
    Last edited by Foolio; 08-25-2015 at 11:31 AM.
    Spellbook@Greybriar
    Rejuvenation@Greybriar

Plane Touched

Is it Warrior? I hope it's Warrior!
    WARPEST 2.0 CONFIRMED.
    my body (and toon) is ready.

That is certainly the goal.

Balance issues are best addressed when doing other balance related work. Adding more problems wouldn't be smart, so you fix it then.

Physician is something I've heard specifically mentioned in regards to this change along with Puri. We're paying special attention to it.

We definitely want PvP feedback on this topic, please test it out!

Is it Warrior? I hope it's Warrior!

The goal here isn't to increase difficulty, it's to balance out types of healing and resolve issues with boss design that results from this imbalance. So no significant change in overall difficulty wouldn't be a bad solution. That being said there is nothing saying we have to change things in equal amounts.
    I didn't mean that we should make it more difficult! What I mean is that if we can still have sheilds the sheilds constantly max hp. Regardless a puri will allmost allways be the best option

What im reading:

Primalist doesn't have shielding

--> better nerf shielding so its a viable healing class as chloro and lib weren't for progression purposes in healing tank because they don't extend the tanks maximum health pool.

Clerics / Physicians will extend the tanks maximum health pool by 50% instead of 100%. Chloro's and libs still won't extend maximum health pools of their targets -- sweeet. *rolls eyes*

Mage tanks have the highest dodge of any tanks so we will naturally be the be choice for tanking because we can extend our maximum health pool further? I currently have 27% dodge as a tank..(piercing beam active) 10.4% gaurd T2, 146k health... numbers are ballpark but, more dodge = more shields.

Mage tanks, your time is about to be here...maybe.

One thing to consider, If dodge is going to be redesigned so that it is more effective, will mages have like..even more? Will there be a dodge cap similar to guard in respect to there being a cap? If a cap is introduced to dodge, similar to gaurd, then...lolz gg

Oh and..tanking trinkets = usesless? If they apply as "spammable" can we get all tank trinkets reworked to give us extra dodge so healers can heal us more effectively? Idk...seems sketchy in the trinket department which no one has addressed.

Are they going to redesign the effectiveness of phys crit / spell crit hit?
    Last edited by Blakehavok; 08-25-2015 at 12:17 PM.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Blakehavok View Post
    Mage tanks have the highest dodge of any tanks so we will naturally be the be choice for tanking because we can extend our maximum health pool further? I currently have 27% dodge as a tank..(piercing beam active) 146k hp, 10.4% gaurd T2, 146k health... numbers are ballpark but, more dodge = more shields.

One thing to consider, If dodge is going to be redesigned so that it is more effective, will mages have like..even more? Will there be a dodge cap similar to guard in respect to there being a cap? If a cap is introduced to dodge, similar to gaurd, then...lolz gg
    AFAWK, No. Red Hawk said dodge RATING, not dodge chance. That means the modifiers that Mages get from harb won't have any effect, as they apply a static dodge % on top of what your rating provides, not modifying the rating value itself. Same idea as crit chance modifiers.

Quote Originally Posted by Blakehavok View Post
    What im reading:

Primalist doesn't have shielding

--> better nerf shielding so its a viable healing class as chloro and lib weren't for progression purposes in healing tank because they don't extend the tanks maximum health pool.

Clerics / Physicians will extend the tanks maximum health pool by 50% instead of 100%. Chloro's and libs still won't extend maximum health pools of their targets -- sweeet. *rolls eyes*

Mage tanks have the highest dodge of any tanks so we will naturally be the be choice for tanking because we can extend our maximum health pool further? I currently have 27% dodge as a tank..(piercing beam active) 146k hp, 10.4% gaurd T2, 146k health... numbers are ballpark but, more dodge = more shields.

Oh and..tanking trinkets = usesless? If they apply as "spammable" can we get all tank trinkets reworked to give us extra dodge so healers can heal us more effectively? Idk...seems sketchy in the trinket department which no one has addressed.

Are they going to redesign the effectiveness of phys crit / spell crit hit?
    Clearly didn't understand what you read at all though. Dodge RATING increases your absorb cap. The dodge you gain from Blazing Light and passive DO NOT INCREASE YOUR CAP since they do not grant any rating.

It is also mentioned that shield cool downs extend the cap for the duration which will almost guaranteed apply to trinkets(unless they decide to revamp them).

Also worth noting that all of these changes are subject to change before reaching live. The goal is to increase the viability of all healers not just primalist. It's a change that has been long overdue(obviously partly driven by primalist since nobody wants another shielding spec or healing spec to be overshadowed by puri)
    12/12 -- 15/15 -- 9/9
    Comet Of Ankhet -- 2/4HM
    Lethaemis@Laethys 1600 Primalist

To repeat the few people who understand this concept, it is dodge RATING and not dodge chance/% that will affect the max absorb value. This does not, in any way, give Arb an advantage. Say it enough and people might understand.

On another note, shielding seems to not be working at all on PTS.
    Last edited by Sedvick; 08-25-2015 at 12:27 PM.

12.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #87
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by Sedvick View Post
    To repeat the few people who understand this concept, it is dodge RATING and not dodge chance/% that will affect the max absorb value. This does not, in any way, give Arb an advantage. Say it enough and people might understand.
    Exactly this.

On another note, shielding seems to not be working at all on PTS.
    That's not good! But that's why we test things. We'll investigate the cause of this.

Rift Master

One question: What about shields that don't absorb 100% of damage? Rift Guard is one that comes to my mind of the top of my head. Will these apply against the cap?

Rift Disciple

I'm not on pts but I don't like the idea, it seems arbitrary and counterintuitive.
    Plus I don't think it will change anything, a 50% HP increase is still a very big one, probably too big.

Shields are a problem, but it's not because they do their job too much, it's because they do their job too well.
    Shields are not part of the hp bar, they add to it so when they are exhausted the target suffers no penalty for it, unlike standard healing where the target die and the group/raid wipe.

It should not be so.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Hawk View Post
    Exactly this.
    That's not good! But that's why we test things. We'll investigate the cause of this.
    A display issue with shields on health bars.

Tried on self, target and with raid frames but can't see how much total shielding I have which is annoying.
    Dodge rating
    I understand now how the cap on dodge works, though there aren't any values yet to see on PTS.

You can only increase you cap by stacking dodge on gear; talents and abilities have no effect.
    So at 2000 Dodge your cap is say 50% of your max health, 3000 Dodge 55% and so on.

Though I still don't think this will work at any %.
    True Server First Prime GP: Anrak the Foul & Guurloth
    4/5 GSB
    4/4 GP
    4/4 DH

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast