+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast
Like Tree65Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Shielding Changes on PTS

Quote Originally Posted by Lethaemis View Post
    I think a lot of people are missing the fact that RH said dodge RATING and not dodge which are completely different.
    You seem to ignore the fact that the more passive avoidance you have the more value each point has.

At 0% dodge, 1% increase means you will get hit 1% less often than before.
    At 90% dodge, 1% increase means you will get hit 10% less often than before

Now obviously these are extremes but it's still significant since Mage tank can easily get 20% free dodge for a minor HP loss. Compare 8-10% to 28-30% for real values. Sounds balanced right?

Quote Originally Posted by FateStayNight View Post
    But some stuff might get harder? the game is too hard already and now trion want's to kill all healers omg.
    Please tell me you are trolling >.>

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Axarion View Post
    You seem to ignore the fact that the more passive avoidance you have the more value each point has.

At 0% dodge, 1% increase means you will get hit 1% less often than before.
    At 90% dodge, 1% increase means you will get hit 10% less often than before

Now obviously these are extremes but it's still significant since Mage tank can easily get 20% free dodge for a minor HP loss. Compare 8-10% to 28-30% for real values. Sounds balanced right?
    And you seemed to ignore what he said. In his post, Red Hawk said dodge RATING, not dodge chance. That means that the 10% flat CHANCE that harb gets would not have any effect on the shield cap. Dodge chance itself is useless except for fight which have many auto-attacking adds since most boss attacks are undodgeable.
    Last edited by Caldorian; 08-25-2015 at 07:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Caldorian View Post
    And you seemed to ignore what he said. In his post, Red Hawk said dodge RATING, not dodge chance. That means that the 10% flat CHANCE that harb gets would not have any effect on the shield cap.
    It's 10% + 10% from a dot, and with us having to stack dodge (after Guard) Mages will benefit the most from it. The stat increasing Shields should be block, not dodge.

Quote Originally Posted by Caldorian View Post
    Dodge chance itself is useless except for fight which have many auto-attacking adds since most boss attacks are undodgeable.
    Yeah totally useless except for a ton of fights

Default Yes! Finally! wait what? :)

Heya Red Hawk! I am glad that you are working on fixing the Puri problem!

I have as you might know made some threads on this very topic!

I must admit I am abit confused about the approach though?

So you want to lower sheild sealing on tanks?
    And reduce the damage done that bosses deals?

Wont this equal out to being no change?

I mean say for example

Tanks hp: 100k
    Sheilds: 100k
    Boss hits for: 80-120k

This means that you can obviously only use puri to heal or ur ****ed!

With changes
    Tank hp: 100k
    Sheilds: say 40k
    Boss hits fro: 40-60k

While definetly this makes other healers Possibly viable! There will still never be a reason to used another healer but puri?

I mean why risk the healing being to slow when you can just keep tank at 140% instead?

I am Very glad that you are working on it!

But before you go around rebalancing every raid boss! Please consider that you might put in hundreds off hours off work. And in the end change nothing

Just because absorbs would be cut in half doesn't mean boss damage will be as well. By reducing absorbs, it would make other healers more viable, but as I stands, puri will probably still be best since shields will be better than heals.
    12/12 -- 15/15 -- 9/9
    Comet Of Ankhet -- 2/4HM
    Lethaemis@Laethys 1600 Primalist

Somehow I feel like this change won't make much of a difference for anything.
    Niou Glitterdance - 70 The Silent
    Wikstrom Seihachi - 6- The Relentless
    -= Faeblight =-

Quote Originally Posted by Lethaemis View Post
    Just because absorbs would be cut in half doesn't mean boss damage will be as well. By reducing absorbs, it would make other healers more viable, but as I stands, puri will probably still be best since shields will be better than heals.
    Did you read original post? :P

9.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #69

Quote Originally Posted by radiomaryja View Post
    This change is long overdue, but my request is - whatever you plan to do, sort it out before t3 raid comes out.
    That is certainly the goal.

Quote Originally Posted by Siggysig View Post
    interesting that they finally address all these long standing op issues right as a new class is coming up for sale.
    Balance issues are best addressed when doing other balance related work. Adding more problems wouldn't be smart, so you fix it then.

Quote Originally Posted by Luminat View Post
    The only thing i see with this is that 61 phy is gonna die total in raids now. (not that its use'd that much atm anyhooo)
    The phy+puri combo is not worth it anymore, puri+chloro(tank heal) combo will be better, if 2x tank heal is need'd.
    Physician is something I've heard specifically mentioned in regards to this change along with Puri. We're paying special attention to it.

Quote Originally Posted by FateStayNight View Post
    I wish this scales into pvp as well. The WF healer stalemate is just boring and stupid.
    We definitely want PvP feedback on this topic, please test it out!

Quote Originally Posted by Seshatar View Post
    We all know only one class is allowed to be OP when 3.4 hits
    Is it Warrior? I hope it's Warrior!

Quote Originally Posted by Aksinan View Post
    Heya Red Hawk! I am glad that you are working on fixing the Puri problem!

I have as you might know made some threads on this very topic!

I must admit I am abit confused about the approach though?

So you want to lower sheild sealing on tanks?
    And reduce the damage done that bosses deals?

Wont this equal out to being no change?
    The goal here isn't to increase difficulty, it's to balance out types of healing and resolve issues with boss design that results from this imbalance. So no significant change in overall difficulty wouldn't be a bad solution. That being said there is nothing saying we have to change things in equal amounts.

Quote Originally Posted by Axarion View Post
    It's 10% + 10% from a dot, and with us having to stack dodge (after Guard) Mages will benefit the most from it. The stat increasing Shields should be block, not dodge.
    You are missing Caldorian's point. RATING is not CHANCE. Red Hawk said RATING, so (numbers made up) for example +200 dodge RATING could give +1% dodge CHANCE and +4% max shield value. Whereas +10% dodge CHANCE from that talent would give: +10% dodge CHANCE and +0% max shield value.
    Last edited by forbiddenlake; 08-25-2015 at 09:46 AM.

Plane Touched

Have we considered trinkets? Given the shiney tank trinkets have a useable ability to add an extra self shield can this please be categorised like a personal cd so it is additive to the absorb cap.

Also maybe give some thought to allowing dodge and block to contribute partially to the absorb cap --> otherwise you are basically going to ask all tanks to itemise for whether they use an absorb healer in their raid setup or not.
    You are entitled to a vomit bag, if you do not have one, one will be provided for you. We're strapped for cash so it may be used, barf carefully!

Councillor Thunrar@Zaviel Keeper of the Dead <Servants of None>
    Guild Motto: Why did that happen? Because **** you that's why!

General of Telara

Ocho whats the time table for turning the pts back on?

Also do know the targeted goal for shielding % increase from dodge on an average geared raid tank? Is there a hard/soft cap atm?

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    This response made my day lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho
    Touché Sir, well played
    twitch.tv/seshatar | Twitter: @Seshatar | HoT Discord | Discord: Seshatar#1337

<Skins on Farm> selling 700+ weapon wardrobe skins on [EU] (click for full list)

IGNs: [EU] Volturnus@Gelidra / [NA] Seshatar@Faeblight | RAF: LMPNWLNLPHY2P6QCTWF6

This is definitely a step in the right direction. Will be interesting to see the effect this will have.
    Kerghann@Zaviel
    #1 Ninja puller/quitter #1 Flaring Powah User
    Who even knows/9 MoM
    YouTube Channel!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast