+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast
Like Tree65Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Shielding Changes on PTS

Quote Originally Posted by Uviktig View Post
    @Trunnks Red Hawk as stated that he wants to rework Defiler into a "proper dps" spec. Never fear the link mitigation will be history soon.
    Soon(TM)

12/12 -- 15/15 -- 9/9
    Comet Of Ankhet -- 2/4HM
    Lethaemis@Laethys 1600 Primalist

Quote Originally Posted by Lethaemis View Post
    Soon(TM)

Priorities. Shielding Changes on PTS-sunshine_20.png
    Last edited by Ianto Jones; 10-24-2015 at 09:36 PM.

Rift Chaser

So doesn't dodge only give you HP/shield benefit when you are at max absorb?
    10k dodge doesn't help at all if you take a hit and are at 65% HP, and zero absorb.

I've noticed on PTS that dodge rating increases shield cap for all players, not just the tanks.
    Therefore, when I throw a symbol on a rogue he usually gets full HP shield but when I throw a symbol to a warrior he gets much less.

I think if you are going to keep this design you have to restrict dodge rating increasing shielding cap ONLY on tanks.

Quote Originally Posted by sophee View Post
    So doesn't dodge only give you HP/shield benefit when you are at max absorb?
    10k dodge doesn't help at all if you take a hit and are at 65% HP, and zero absorb.
    when we say absorb we mean shielding.
    dodge rating is increasing the max shield cap that is currently set to 50% of max HP
    so everyone starts with shield cap on themselves being at 50% of their max HP and they can go past the cap by stacking dodge rating.
    Architect of <Apotheosys> :: Progress & Achievements
    Raid & Guild Leader of (former):

<Exploit> : Ultane World 1st, Regulos World 2nd // <Rift Runners> Crucia World 3rd, Perfect Crucia World 1st, HK Conq W#3, Laethys/Maelforge W#7 // Member of <PTW> Akylios W#5th

Quote Originally Posted by YobiRaion View Post

I think if you are going to keep this design you have to restrict dodge rating increasing shielding cap ONLY on tanks.
    100% agree, tank talents which modify endurance = threat, or tank "stance" buffs should enable the increased absorption cap per dodge rating point. Otherwise, things are going to get pretty...interesting?
    Those that can, do. Those that can't, write guides on the forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    In all seriousness, we don't expect everyone to still be playing SFP

RIFT Guide Writer

So what'd happen if we severely reduced duration of Puri shields or added CD to all the shields so they couldn't be chain refreshed?
    Meciel - Mage - Defer Death - Greybriar
    12/12 T1, 14/15 T2, 1/9 T3

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto Jones View Post
    The only real solution here is, as you say, a major overhaul of some souls and adjustments to others.

Shields should be cooldowns, not spammable.
    I can agree to that but they would really need to merge Sentinel into Puri and make a purely ST healer with his specialty being that he is bringing a lot of CDs (just like physicial can swap to AOE heals as a specialty and chloro can swap veil, do cost reduction and wild-growth as their specialty)

Then one of the two souls would be able to turn into something else like a DPS soul.

If the shields were turned into CDs then I would make Puri look like the following:
    Shielding Changes on PTS-61puri.jpg

:: CHANGES ::

Healing Abilities:
    Ward of flame (just healing, no shielding)
    Healing Breath
    Healing Flare
    Crucial Invocation

CDs:
    Symbol of Torch (small CD; 15 sec)
    Symbol of the Sun (semi-big CD; 30 sec)
    Covenant
    Rite of the Forge (shielding CD, moved to 61 talent, CD reduced to 1min down from 2min)

Buffs:
    Healer's Blessing (instead of Caregiver's blessing)
    Vigilance or Laten-Blaze
    Faith Rewarded (instead of Gathering the Flames)

Talents:
    Word of Life (instead of clear the coal)
    Cleansing Prayer (instead of Cauterize - cos of adding Merciful Appeal bellow)
    Merciful Appeal (since Symbols are CDs and there's no burn-out anymore)

As you can see there's still space for 1 more talent for the 44 points. Pick your poison.

p.s. on a side note. They reduced the effect of dodge rating on shielding cap (PTS)
    Last edited by YobiRaion; 10-26-2015 at 07:42 PM.

<Exploit> : Ultane World 1st, Regulos World 2nd // <Rift Runners> Crucia World 3rd, Perfect Crucia World 1st, HK Conq W#3, Laethys/Maelforge W#7 // Member of <PTW> Akylios W#5th

I can agree to that but they would really need to merge Sentinel into Puri and make a purely ST healer with his specialty being that he is bringing a lot of CDs (just like physicial can swap to AOE heals as a specialty and chloro can swap veil, do cost reduction and wild-growth as their specialty)

Then one of the two souls would be able to turn into something else like a DPS soul.

If the shields were turned into CDs then I would make Puri look like the following:
    Attachment 26354

:: CHANGES ::

Healing Abilities:
    Ward of flame (just healing, no shielding)
    Healing Breath
    Healing Flare
    Crucial Invocation

CDs:
    Symbol of Torch (small CD; 15 sec)
    Symbol of the Sun (semi-big CD; 30 sec)
    Covenant
    Rite of the Forge (shielding CD, moved to 61 talent, CD reduced to 1min down from 2min)

Buffs:
    Healer's Blessing (instead of Caregiver's blessing)
    Vigilance or Laten-Blaze
    Faith Rewarded (instead of Gathering the Flames)

Talents:
    Word of Life (instead of clear the coal)
    Cleansing Prayer (instead of Cauterize - cos of adding Merciful Appeal bellow)
    Merciful Appeal (since Symbols are CDs and there's no burn-out anymore)

As you can see there's still space for 1 more talent for the 44 points. Pick your poison.

p.s. on a side note. They reduced the effect of dodge rating on shielding cap (PTS)
    LOL, why not give it Yolo and unstable transformation too? =PP

Quote Originally Posted by Deeew View Post
    LOL, why not give it Yolo and unstable transformation too? =PP
    LOL, have you ever heard of Puri-Sent (54/20/2) before you go ahead posting your passive-aggressive comments? I guess not. =PP

FYI, Puri-Sent is better than the spec I posted which is why I suggest 1m "RotF" and "Faith Rewarded" to try bring it more in line. Even then it will probably need its raw healing to be boosted especially considering your subsouls will be Oracle and Shaman (or Oracle and Inq)
    (PuriSent is superior as it can infinitely stack shields and spam Symbols, plus it brings an AOE shield. The suggestion ONLY does healing with only 3 shields total that are 15, 30 and 60 sec CDs)

LOL, have you ever heard of Puri-Sent (54/20/2) before you go ahead posting your passive-aggressive comments? I guess not. =PP

FYI, Puri-Sent is better than the spec I posted which is why I suggest 1m "RotF" and "Faith Rewarded" to try bring it more in line. Even then it will probably need its raw healing to be boosted especially considering your subsouls will be Oracle and Shaman (or Oracle and Inq)
    (PuriSent is superior as it can infinitely stack shields and spam Symbols, plus it brings an AOE shield. The suggestion ONLY does healing with only 3 shields total that are 15, 30 and 60 sec CDs)
    I was just being coy

they would really need to merge Sentinel
    from my cold, dead hands.
    starplatinum@greybriar
    bluebarbie@greybriar
    twitch
    youtubes

FOR THE DEVS

I have a question.
    Since shield cap is increased by dodge rating, can you explain to me why rogues and primalists get the highest bonus from all classes?

Let me explain, since...you know^^

DEX is the DODGE stat for everyone, regardless of the class. Yes even a cleric or mage with DEX items will get dodge from that value, this has always been.

Clerics get DODGE from INT (from talent tree), this is NOT their main stat.
    Mages get DODGE from WIS (from talent tree), this is NOT their main stat.
    Mages get DODGE from DEX, this is NOT their main stat.
    And then we have ROGUES and PRIMALISTS, who get DODGE from DEX, this IS their main stat.

So this means, clerics can/should wear Cloth tank gear.
    So this means, warriors can/should wear Leather tank gear.
    And mages.. well f**k mages

Quote Originally Posted by BlackLab View Post
    FOR THE DEVS

I have a question.
    Here are the exact numbers from PTS, using the t2 tank gear, with provided runes, full PA, 61 Tank soul only with the tank buff on to activate Guard, but wep stones (which wouldve increased prim/rogues rating even more, but i forgot to apply them)

Dodge Ratings with said gear:
    Pimalist: 5302
    Rogue: 5324
    Mage: 4692
    Cleric: 4814
    Warior: 4683 (both in VK and Pala)

So thats an extra +600 dodge rating and extra shield cap for rogue/primalist.

On a side note, dodge was:
    Pimalist 15,77%
    Rogue 9,81%
    Mage 8,65%
    Cleric 8,87%
    Warior 8,63%
    Which is interesting to see that primalist gets a flat OP dodge from the same dodge rating as rogue

I don't understand why people ask for this. I mean, okay, so Cleric has a glut of healing souls which makes some of them irrelevant sometimes. Well, you already have one irrelevant DPS souls -- now look at the callings which have a glut of DPS souls.

Mage (7 DPS): 4 1/2 useless souls
    Rogue (7 DPS): 2 useless souls
    Warrior (6 DPS): 1 useless soul

This isn't a "we have too many souls!" problem so much as "we don't have enough devs!" problem. There just needs to be a niche carved out for your healing souls. Will it make one or two of them useless in raids? Probably. But a healer like I described -- with both good ST and good AOE -- would be an extremely useful support healer in PvP (and occasionally useful in raids), which is really all Sentinel is decent for at this point anyway. That seems like a better deal than "let's have another ranged DPS soul that's probably worse than Inq!", and takes a lot less dev time.

Honestly, the single biggest problem with Sentinel right now is Purifier. It's not that Sentinel is a bad soul or has bad output, it's that Purifier has insane output and that its output is inherently better in every way.
    Last edited by Ianto Jones; 10-30-2015 at 09:35 AM.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto Jones View Post
    Honestly, the single biggest problem with Sentinel right now is Purifier. It's not that Sentinel is a bad soul or has bad output, it's that Purifier has insane output and that its output is inherently better in every way.
    There are 4-5 tank healers in the game (defiler is kind of a tank healer). The worst one is going to get crowded out. If puri didn't exist I'm not sure you'd see sent any more than you do now...just more phys and LBV.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast