+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast
Like Tree65Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Shielding Changes on PTS

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by cataria View Post
    stacking sp as puri bad? what explain pls unless u're joking
    Im not joking.

If you want more info send a pm to yobi.

tl;dr most puris play the wrong spec,have wrong priorities(when to use their skills) and stack the wrong stat in their gear.

Quote Originally Posted by N3okorrales View Post
    Im not joking.

If you want more info send a pm to yobi.

tl;dr most puris play the wrong spec,have wrong priorities(when to use their skills) and stack the wrong stat in their gear.
    Clerics *cough* Puri's don't have any force crit abilities or crit raising talents in their tree's though!! They're at such a disadvantage to every other class at the moment!

Spoiler!

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Gilgad View Post
    Clerics *cough* Puri's don't have any force crit abilities or crit raising talents in their tree's though!! They're at such a disadvantage to every other class at the moment!

Spoiler!
    Dont know if u agree with me or not, im not too keen catching sarcasm lately.

Having or not the ability to force crit(wich depends on the spec they do have) or spell crit/raise crit chance on healing spells on the talent tree(wich they also have) has nothing to do with stacking CP.

Yobi been stacking CP for a long time and from what ive heard from him(and seen in raids) its significantly better.

Quote Originally Posted by N3okorrales View Post
    Dont know if u agree with me or not, im not too keen catching sarcasm lately.

Having or not the ability to force crit(wich depends on the spec they do have) or spell crit/raise crit chance on healing spells on the talent tree(wich they also have) has nothing to do with stacking CP.

Yobi been stacking CP for a long time and from what ive heard from him(and seen in raids) its significantly better.
    People forget, even though spell power makes healing more consistent and stable. Which is ideal. CP and SP still have stat weights in a healing spec. CP still has a stat weighting of at least 0.7 maybe even 0.8. It's just not 0.9-1 like some people use in dps specs. I think i've had to tell a ridiculous amount of people this over the days, too many people took the SP > CP and ran with it way too far.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by InflatablePanda View Post
    People forget, even though spell power makes healing more consistent and stable. Which is ideal. CP and SP still have stat weights in a healing spec. CP still has a stat weighting of at least 0.7 maybe even 0.8. It's just not 0.9-1 like some people use in dps specs. I think i've had to tell a ridiculous amount of people this over the days, too many people took the SP > CP and ran with it way too far.
    Right now CP value is like 0.6(for a dps spec or at least thats what ive heard on ts xD) cause getting to Cp cap is incredibly easy so wouldnt surprise me if the value for a healing spec is pretty much the same.

Seems like players kept the idea of SL that healer=SP and took it to another level forgeting about CP wich right now is a mistake. Stacking Cp as healer is good and puri is not an exception.

Soulwalker

Default Healers

this stinks. once again punish the healer. punish the healer woth no hit you die alot by the way, i finally get to the point where we live threw the dungen. not all some and darn if you dont mess me up again. why dont you pick on rouges with there stun and stealth or mages with there abilities, clerics are getting shafted again this is the third time my toons been short ended. I hate the fact that your doing this again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Hawk View Post
    Hello all,

With the latest update to the PTS (Public Test Server), we’ve released some changes to to how shielding works in RIFT. Rift’s current healing game largely revolves around layering multiple Absorb shields on tanks and raid members to negate incoming damage. This, in turn, demands encounter design which frequently deals more than 100% of players’ health in one shot in order to provide challenge in encounters.

The extent to which survival is dependent on having stacked absorbs isn’t healthy for RIFT gameplay, and we’re working to make healing the player’s health bar matter as much as or more than simply layering absorbs on them. To this end, we’re testing a change which caps the total amount of absorb any given player can receive. We’re using 50% of max health as the starting point for our test, but this will be adjusted if it proves too restricting or not impactful enough.

This means that for most players with 60k health, up to 30k can be added in shielding. Tanks, however, need more ability to receive shields – so increasing Dodge rating will increase the maximum amount of Absorb the character can stack. In turn, this allows us to tune down burst damage from boss encounters in PvE, while still allowing them to feel challenging. This change also opens the door for healing specs which focus on healing throughput rather than absorption to have a place in groups, while still keeping absorb specs valuable.

Of course, with a change of this scope, we’ll tinker with the performance of souls which currently rely heavily on absorbs for their effectiveness. Our priority is to make sure they remain competitive with more traditional healing souls. We’re testing these changes on the PTS server right now, so round up some friends and test some Dungeons and Warfronts with this change, then post here on the PTS forums to let us know how they work for you.

Thanks,

-Red Hawk

Quote Originally Posted by Digitoxin View Post
    this stinks. once again punish the healer. punish the healer woth no hit you die alot by the way, i finally get to the point where we live threw the dungen. not all some and darn if you dont mess me up again. why dont you pick on rouges with there stun and stealth or mages with there abilities, clerics are getting shafted again this is the third time my toons been short ended. I hate the fact that your doing this again.
    If you are only doing dungeons, then these changes won't have any effect on you, because you aren't getting anywhere near the absorb cap anyways.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    If you are only doing dungeons, then these changes won't have any effect on you, because you aren't getting anywhere near the absorb cap anyways.
    fiery will + tidal surge + flashover symbol of the sun.
    and your other stuff!

i believe in the green geared healer to overshield the 110 k tank!!

overshielding is life overshielding is love

General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Digitoxin View Post
    maybe you need learn play puri, if you can't heal dungs, or maybe your party members are just bad and can't get out of bad stuff, when they should? also, what mages abilities you hate so much? as for topic, in dung you not need 50% shield on tank to run it, so this won't affect you anyhow

New PTS update brings new shielding changes. Now, all absorbs are 85% damage reduction. This means they don't absorb 100% of the damage anymore and allow 15% to bleed through. All other previous changes are still in affect as well. Tank cds still don't seem to ignore the cap yet.

If you apply a shield ability the portrait frame now shows where the cap is by placing two blue squares boxes at the target's cap.
    True Server First Prime GP: Anrak the Foul & Guurloth
    4/5 GSB
    4/4 GP
    4/4 DH

Ascendant

There are plenty of bad puri that already couldn't keep the tanks up without the shielding cap... this might even stop some 5/11 hk parking lot guilds from completing igp normal to collect their free relic t2 weapons... this is very bad.

Has any Purifier/Physician tried healing all of the Nte's yet on the pts, as a full minimum stat group?

(I can't seem to find a group to try it).
    Last edited by Wackywoo; 09-10-2015 at 10:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FateStayNight View Post
    There are plenty of bad puri that already couldn't keep the tanks up without the shielding cap... this might even stop some 5/11 hk parking lot guilds from completing igp normal to collect their free relic t2 weapons... this is very bad.
    Maybe they need to get better then. Oh, the horror of learning how to play your class -.-

Phs

Quote Originally Posted by Sedvick View Post
    New PTS update brings new shielding changes. Now, all absorbs are 85% damage reduction. This means they don't absorb 100% of the damage anymore and allow 15% to bleed through. All other previous changes are still in affect as well. Tank cds still don't seem to ignore the cap yet.
    necroing thread.

Tank cds still don't seem to be ignoring cap. Was this idea abandoned? Sure enjoy 100% shields only being ~50%. Silly if it was. Can understand Arbiter passive shenanigans not ignoring the cap but big things should.

Edit: Ok lol it's been added the patch directly as I posted this.

+ Why was Mana Aegis changed to show the value for the 113.9k shield. It doesn't scale past level 58 on the PTS, it's weird. Plus the way it's worded: The spell is different now? I was using it as a 30% damage reduction cd. But now it's just an exactly 113900 shield absorbing 85% damage. I guess that's better?

PTS:

Live:

As far as I can tell. Mana Aegis on live is giving the 113.9k~ shield at level 65. Through mentoring and mentoring, don't know if that effects shield values, on live it looks like it's 113.9k at all levels I looked at. I didn't do this on the pts because it shows you the values. I'm trusting they're right.

I think what I'm getting at/asking is: How is Mana Aegis even meant to work. Is it 30% damage reduction or is it a shield that only absorb 30% damage. I understand the mana drain. RIP my mana when I use it sometimes.
    Last edited by Phs; 10-02-2015 at 01:24 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast