+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Like Tree57Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: 3.4 Dream Orbs PTS Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by FateStayNight View Post
    You are seriously underestimating the epeeness of some of those raiders. That's right, raiders will spend thousands of plat just for some smallest upgrade eg. See raid rift greaters and side grade their t2 gear at 1k plat a piece to minmax like 20ap.

Topping chart is sometimes more important especially for full clear guilds. And with specs so streamlined and easy to play now it all comes down to crit rng and gear. And spending plat takes care half of that. Same reason why people routinely use crit pots on every boss even during farm... Actually I bet people use more crit pots on farm bosses than progression bosses on average per pull.
    thanks a lot for devolving another thread into a "lynch-all-raiders" inquisition using a single bait-post.

i wish i could reach to your skill levels some day.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by fatbahmi View Post
    thanks a lot for devolving another thread into a "lynch-all-raiders" inquisition using a single bait-post.

i wish i could reach to your skill levels some day.
    Thanks that's very meaningful and constructive.

I was simply replying to someone stating top raiders won't be using Best-In-Slot dream orbs comment.

Thanks that's very meaningful and constructive.

I was simply replying to someone stating top raiders won't be using Best-In-Slot dream orbs comment.
    and your vitriol laden monologue was more meaningful/constructive?

those raiders who WANT to (take special note here), and those who CAN, will buy these orbs.

I, for one, wont bother with the BIS ones, and will make do with mid-tier ones. raiding is getting waaaay too expensive in this game. I have to spend almost double the time outside of raids farming mats and other random crap.
    Last edited by fatbahmi; 08-07-2015 at 07:09 PM.

Ascendant

and your vitriol laden monologue was more meaningful/constructive?

those raiders who WANT to (take special note here), and those who CAN, will buy these orbs.

I, for one, wont bother with the BIS ones, and will make do with mid-tier ones. raiding is getting waaaay too expensive in this game. I have to spend almost double the time outside of raids farming mats and other random crap.
    Thanks for finally having something constructive to say... phew that took awhile.

You are seriously underestimating the epeeness of some of those raiders. That's right, raiders will spend thousands of plat just for some smallest upgrade eg. See raid rift greaters and side grade their t2 gear at 1k plat a piece to minmax like 20ap.

Topping chart is sometimes more important especially for full clear guilds. And with specs so streamlined and easy to play now it all comes down to crit rng and gear. And spending plat takes care half of that. Same reason why people routinely use crit pots on every boss even during farm... Actually I bet people use more crit pots on farm bosses than progression bosses on average per pull.
    Judging from your post, I seriously doubt that you're one of "those raiders".
    Since I'm very familiar with circumstances in the EU community: There are more high end players, who won't min max than those who do.
    And there are less players willing to upgrade t2 armor from epic to legendary and spend an unreasonable amount on stuff like dream orbs than there are players who weren't willing to grind rep/nmr within completion of the first tier.

My personal rule: 10 dream orbs per item. If I don't find bis roll, I'll take the next mainstat + SP roll. It's also a different investment to bid on greater essences as you carry them for the entire expansion compared to dreamorbs that have to get reapplied with every found item. That way I limit my rng investment to less than 150p/item

I find it also terrible itemization design by trion to add dream orbs to almost every other item slot. As a player you're highly incentivized to max critpower. But between tiers and loot drops, you sometimes have to sidegrade items, exchange items, replace items to balance critpower. Now if every item has dreamorbs attached to it, and earrings and some other slots an premium one with even more rng and higher production costs, then that will lower the willingness to min max gear as it becomes way more expensive to exchange items best fit to optimize gear.
    I certainly won't do so. Maybe that will further help me beat videogame OCD ;)
    Last edited by trionsaur REX; 08-07-2015 at 11:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Morticus View Post
    Orbs using RNG for applying stats is not new, this is how orbs are supposed to work.
    And this mechanic has been hated for as long as it has existed. The forums were full of long, well-articulated arguments for why it's a frustrating mechanic when Dream Orbs were first introduced, and the only reason that those complaints are rarely seen nowadays is because they were ignored, and thus people don't see much point in repeating them when they apparently fall on deaf ears-- much the same way that even though Beastmaster is still just as broken as it has been since Storm Legion (more or less), there aren't as many complaints because everything has already been said.

Dream Orbs, in their current state (RNG stat combinations with RNG numbers) should have never been implemented in the first place. Expanding on a broken, unfun system is just throwing good money after bad.
    Last edited by Muspel; 08-09-2015 at 04:19 PM.

lol nah, we had a discussion about this and everybody laughed at the idea of spending thousands upon thousands of plat for more orbs for less stats with a higher chance of getting garbage stats.
    starplatinum@greybriar
    bluebarbie@greybriar
    twitch
    youtubes

Quote Originally Posted by ecru View Post
    lol nah, we had a discussion about this and everybody laughed at the idea of spending thousands upon thousands of plat for more orbs for less stats with a higher chance of getting garbage stats.
    shh, dont tell him that we're humans too, who weigh the cost of every upgrade.

let him be alone with his delusions.

Ascendant

shh, dont tell him that we're humans too, who weigh the cost of every upgrade.

let him be alone with his delusions.
    w/e makes you happy girl.

Champion

Just a thought .. If you can get an imperishable of whatever hue drop in a rift,for sale in AH or in shop .. why cannot it be broke down into X amount of motes or be made with X amount of motes. It might help the extreme shortage / bottleneck and make crafting less onerous.

11.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #41

The Planar Crafting orbs have changed and should be on the Test Shard soon.

These are now set-up similar to the orbs on live and will have the exact same percent chance to obtain the "best in slot" stat for that slot/orb combination.

The Planar Crafting orbs have changed and should be on the Test Shard soon.

These are now set-up similar to the orbs on live and will have the exact same percent chance to obtain the "best in slot" stat for that slot/orb combination.
    Thank you Morticus! Very much appreciated.

RIFT Community Ambassador Golden's Avatar

Oh, thank you very much!
    Children's Miracle Network 24 hour gaming marathon - Extra Life - join Trion Worlds team and have fun with us
    Please use my Ascend-A-Friend link: https://rift.trionworlds.com/account...=ascend_invite

Ascendant

Now if those new orbs aren't 218.2 times more expensive on average than the existing savant ones, I will be very thankful.

Now if those new orbs aren't 218.2 times more expensive on average than the existing savant ones, I will be very thankful.
    Everything is expensive when its released. Motes are still dropping in price and there is still about 2 months till the patch.
    T for Trinity
    42k Achievement Points Club
    I has stream https://www.twitch.tv/boase Add me on GW2 Boase.6204 or Bnet Boase!#1862

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast