+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Planetouched Wilds Intro Quests

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #1
    Rift Team

Default Planetouched Wilds Intro Quests

Some of the feedback for this questline has popped up in other threads, but if you have any new or unaddressed feedback, please post here.

For the quest Finding the Finder, I still haven't been able to reproduce the bug where Researcher Jessa vanishes before completing the objective. If this has happened to you, I could use additional details such as the location, if any abilities might be involved, if you were using a combat pet, etc.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by krug View Post
    Some of the feedback for this questline has popped up in other threads, but if you have any new or unaddressed feedback, please post here.

For the quest Finding the Finder, I still haven't been able to reproduce the bug where Researcher Jessa vanishes before completing the objective. If this has happened to you, I could use additional details such as the location, if any abilities might be involved, if you were using a combat pet, etc.

Thanks!
    The clickable widget at 3070 1012 4035

Running on my rogue with
    • Predatory Instincts
    • Lethal Poison
    • Virulent Poison
    • Combat Preparation

No pets.

She'd spawn, I'd get in a few whacks, and then whoosh, gone.

TALES OF THE RIFTWALKER is on YouTube!!
    Part IV - Marked by Fate is now live!

Subscribe to my YouTube channel and stay tuned for chances to win stuff via the Trion Worlds Creators Program!
    ** The Forum Drinking Game (to be played during server downtimes) **

Default finding the finder

I have not seen the bug yet, but i don't know how to teleport her to droughtlands. Can you help?

Jesse hits like a truck on my mage that has 1200hit (part frost keepers part PvP) so perhaps tweek her down a bit as if not paaying attention you can end up splat.
    Intim @ Zaviel EU
    Twitch Channel ,YouTube,Twitter

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Intim View Post
    Jesse hits like a truck on my mage that has 1200hit (part frost keepers part PvP) so perhaps tweek her down a bit as if not paaying attention you can end up splat.
    I too had a bit of a surprise with how painful that encounter was...
    Spellbook@Greybriar
    Rejuvenation@Greybriar

6.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #6
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by jamiewbarlow View Post
    I have not seen the bug yet, but i don't know how to teleport her to droughtlands. Can you help?
    You'll need to bring her down in health, then use the quest item on her to teleport. She has a pulsing shield, however, that blocks the teleport, so you need to time using the item for when the shield is down.

I'll lower the difficulty of the encounter so Jessa's not such a killing machine.

Thanks for the repro info, Samuraiko, though I still can't get this to happen. I'll keep working on it, though, to see what's going on.

You'll need to bring her down in health, then use the quest item on her to teleport. She has a pulsing shield, however, that blocks the teleport, so you need to time using the item for when the shield is down.

I'll lower the difficulty of the encounter so Jessa's not such a killing machine.

Thanks for the repro info, Samuraiko, though I still can't get this to happen. I'll keep working on it, though, to see what's going on.
    Thanks, krug. Yeah, after two or three tries, I finally managed to do enough damage to her for her to stick around, and then she'd hit me like a truck. I shouldn't need Tier 3 gear to survive a storyline quest.

TALES OF THE RIFTWALKER is on YouTube!!
    Part IV - Marked by Fate is now live!

Subscribe to my YouTube channel and stay tuned for chances to win stuff via the Trion Worlds Creators Program!
    ** The Forum Drinking Game (to be played during server downtimes) **

Default find the finder

Thanks for the help Krug! I got past it!

Rift Chaser

really can we stop catering to "this is difficult make it easier". if the npc hits hard get hit less by it. Use your stuns and roots and stay at ranged, if you get low use the 65 mastery to full heal. soloing quests isnt supposed to be mindless and simple on a glass cannon full dps spec

Quote Originally Posted by makerofwidows View Post
    really can we stop catering to "this is difficult make it easier". if the npc hits hard get hit less by it. Use your stuns and roots and stay at ranged, if you get low use the 65 mastery to full heal. soloing quests isnt supposed to be mindless and simple on a glass cannon full dps spec
    Well considering as a mage I was using harb, she still hit hard after using stuns, movement and interrupts. Yes it can be done with some attention but I am tier 2 ready with a purchased soul and it was tricky. Less experienced, squishy free to play players would struggle.

I have no problem with a challenge but this is an intro quest for entering a zone not a saga quest or soloing a 2 man chronicles. It needed tweeking dow imo but I guess you managed to test it successfully and disagree?
    Intim @ Zaviel EU
    Twitch Channel ,YouTube,Twitter

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Intim View Post
    Well considering as a mage I was using harb, she still hit hard after using stuns, movement and interrupts. Yes it can be done with some attention but I am tier 2 ready with a purchased soul and it was tricky. Less experienced, squishy free to play players would struggle.

I have no problem with a challenge but this is an intro quest for entering a zone not a saga quest or soloing a 2 man chronicles. It needed tweeking dow imo but I guess you managed to test it successfully and disagree?
    Basically, this.

I expected to get through it playing terribly with a 1k+ hit mage (forget just how geared I was there).

First time I had to storm shroud out of it before I actually started playing properly. For an open world quest not flagged as group it hurt much more than I expected it to, and I suspect that the more casual spectrum of players might have had more difficulty with it had they not been reasonably well geared.

If it was some scary boss in an instance then maybe. But it was a random possessed human in the open world. There is nothing at all which indicates that they'll suddenly start hitting you so hard.
    Spellbook@Greybriar
    Rejuvenation@Greybriar

12.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #12
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by Foolio View Post
    There is nothing at all which indicates that they'll suddenly start hitting you so hard.
    Fixed! Right before the fight, Jessa now says, "I'll now begin hitting you really, really hard!"

Just kidding! I've reduced her damage output and the number of adds she summons. This should be in the next PTS update, so once that happens, please give it a try and let me know how it plays.

Fixed! Right before the fight, Jessa now says, "I'll now begin hitting you really, really hard!"
    Awww that would be so cool I laughed so bad at this...

Quote Originally Posted by Ailene View Post
    Yep, me too!
    People who circumscribe their lives to conform to the narrow expectations of others get exactly what they deserve.

Champion of Telara Sargonnas_KoA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ailene View Post
    I love your signature pic

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast