+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: 3.3 Planar Crafting PTS Feedback

Default Tank shields missing

Quote Originally Posted by Jonus View Post
    • There doesn't seem to be any shields. So the only class that has all weapons accounted for would be Mages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morticus View Post
    The set bonuses and stats on the items are not final.
    What about the missing tank shields for clerics and warriors. Is the absence of these recipes for 3.3 final? I still couldn't find them on PTS.

Please consider adding shield recipes for warrior and cleric tanks with 3.3!

2.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #32

Planar Crafting was never intended to be a full item spread across all slots, so you will see that there are some items missing.

They might be added in the future though, but there are no plans at this time.

Meaning you can't force yourself into t2 without throwing money at the game, or saving up your marks for sub par frostkeepers. Kinda sad.

I wish it was more uniform. Rogue warrior, and mage cleric share synergy crystals why not set bonuses for gear crafted? makes sense..

It's interesting that you'll basically be able to never step foot inside of a t1 raid in order to do t2 after this is released. Assuming you're not a class who is getting the shaft on hit gear.

Plane Touched

Default Just a couple of things:

1. I know the team is reviewing the various stats on planar crafted equipment, but every.single.piece of warrior tanking gear has dodge. Please change at least some of this to guard (if not all) or at least block. I'm gong to lose a ton of guard to fill in my missing +hit pieces (I'm in a casual guild).

2. Please add a shield. I know there are gaps, but I see these recipes as mostly filling in missing hit for people. We wouldn't need the shield, if it hadn't been changed in 3.0 to be one of the necessary hit items.

3. Procs for weapons. Losing survivability on a tanking weapon for +hit is pretty painful. I know you're trying to keep the weapons below T1 raid drops, but I thought this update was to help get people ready for T2 and not worry so much about comparing drops from T1 content.

Thurfor

General of Telara

Currently only Armorsmith, Outfitter, Arificer, Dream Weaver, Weaponsmith and Fishing can do planar crafting weeklies to get lures. I guess the reason was those were the only ones with planar crafting recipes, professions that didn't have planar crafting recipes cannot do the weekly.

If left alone, some people will be very upset on 3.3 that they didn't choose the correct professions. I do understand that fishing is free on every toon but I do still think there are people who don't have fishing leveled, mostly on alts, that will be upset they cannot do the weekly.
    Last edited by Accol; 07-06-2015 at 02:45 PM.

6.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #36

Quote Originally Posted by Accol View Post
    Currently only Armorsmith, Outfitter, Arificer, Dream Weaver, Weaponsmith and Fishing can do planar crafting weeklies to get lures. I guess the reason was those were the only ones with planar crafting recipes, professions that didn't have planar crafting recipes cannot do the weekly.

If left alone, some people will be very upset on 3.3 that they didn't choose the correct professions. I do understand that fishing is free on every toon but I do still think there are people who don't have fishing leveled, mostly on alts, that will be upset they cannot do the weekly.
    All good points. Right now the power of Vials for Apothecaries and Runes for Runecrafters is that of T1 quality, which is the reason those professions are currently absent from Planar Crafting. We have had a few discussions about this and felt it was best if we did a bigger unveiling with appropriate fanfare when the weekly quests and associated recipes are added at a later date.

On the surface we can totally see how it can feel like a kick in the junk and we apologize for that.

We haven't forgotten the other professions, don't worry.

The upside? You can still help out the other professions doing crafting rifts! By participating you will still be able to collect resources, including the highly rare and coveted Imperishable resource used in the existing Planar Crafting recipes!

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Morticus View Post
    All good points. Right now the power of Vials for Apothecaries and Runes for Runecrafters is that of T1 quality, which is the reason those professions are currently absent from Planar Crafting. We have had a few discussions about this and felt it was best if we did a bigger unveiling with appropriate fanfare when the weekly quests and associated recipes are added at a later date.

On the surface we can totally see how it can feel like a kick in the junk and we apologize for that.

We haven't forgotten the other professions, don't worry.

The upside? You can still help out the other professions doing crafting rifts! By participating you will still be able to collect resources, including the highly rare and coveted Imperishable resource used in the existing Planar Crafting recipes!

The only issue i can see though is people forming crafting rift groups and requiring people to link lures etc.. to get in. This is of course mitigated if you get equal participation joining a crafting rift solo as you would running around an open world NMR solo with a full party of 20 already inside it.
    <Harshmallows> Gelidra shard

Kuurgan - Level 65 Warrior
    Macleodd - Level 65 Mage
    Ramirezz - Level 65 Rogue

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Blakehavok View Post
    Meaning you can't force yourself into t2 without throwing money at the game, or saving up your marks for sub par frostkeepers. Kinda sad.

I wish it was more uniform. Rogue warrior, and mage cleric share synergy crystals why not set bonuses for gear crafted? makes sense..

It's interesting that you'll basically be able to never step foot inside of a t1 raid in order to do t2 after this is released. Assuming you're not a class who is getting the shaft on hit gear.
    You could always go to Hammerknell without ever doing the t1 content assuming you were rich enough/maxed your fragments every week. I got 1075 hit without ever going to a raid from weeklies and token tablets.

Also, i suspect many pickup groups will not want pugs with crafted gear due to the currently sub optimal stat sets for the gear. Currently when someone say they have 1200 hit, its pretty much a given the gear will be reasonably decent.

Macleodd - Level 65 Mage

General of Telara

The PTS update today changed the stats on most of the planar crafted gear.

The set bonus is now 250 main stat
    Helms are still crit
    Belts are now CP
    Chests are now SP/SP

Earrings are now SP/AP
    Rings are still crit
    Trinkets are still crit

Ranged slot is now CP
    Caster weapons are now CP/SP
    Melee weapons are now CP

Aside from END the stats on the armor seem to be closer to T2 than T1 and when you factor in the set bonus I would say using 2/3 crafted gear is definitely BiS. This all depending if you can maintain your crystal bonus, you don't need end in a non tank role, you don't need CP in every slot and don't need hit.

The stats from Artificer and Weaponsmith seemed to be more in line with T1. Some weapon stats look pretty good with all that CP but I think the lack of proc still keeps them from being better.
    Last edited by Accol; 07-07-2015 at 11:25 PM.

Rift Chaser

Thanks for the update Accol! Looks like i know what i'll be doing if i cant get into tonight raid

Macleodd - Level 65 Mage

As Accol mentioned, the Planar Crafted gear has been updated.

I've updated the stats and have screenshots of all gear compiled here.

I think they're pretty decent now for under-T2 players. They probably aren't meant to be top-tier gear.

I know the Cleric DPS Chest + Belt is slightly better than my T1 Relic Chest + T2 raid-dropped Belt, once you account for the +250 WIS. I don't think the Planar Crafted gear should go any higher than that (in terms of stat value).

The tertiary stats on Rogue DPS armor though. Phew. Guess they need more stats.
    Helmet: Rogue = 403 phys crit vs Warrior's 378, Mage's 334 and Cleric's 252.
    Chest: Rogue = 203 AP vs Warrior's 190, Mage's 168SP and Cleric's 127SP.
    Belt: Rogue = 254 CP vs Warrior's 239, Mage's 211 and Cleric's 159.

Someone really loves Rogues and hates Clerics. Or are their spec weights really that different?

The 2-handers on Warrior and Cleric Tanks is still weird since there's no use for them. Warriors/Clerics use 1h + Shield, and since Morticus stated already that there wouldn't be Planar Crafted shields...there's no point in having the 2-handers. It would only confuse new players.
    Last edited by Jonus; 07-08-2015 at 06:14 PM.

General of Telara

Total stats from belt and chest
    Crafted gear compared to T2 purple

Cleric
    Wis -37
    Int +28
    SP -30
    CP +3
    Wis Set bonus +250

Rogue
    Dex -109
    Str -82
    AP +81
    CP +50
    Dex Set Bonus +250

Mage
    Int -57
    Wis -9
    SP +4
    CP +6
    Int Set Bonus +250

Warrior
    Str -111
    Dex -68
    AP +33
    CP +83
    Str Set Bonus +250

I listed the set bonus separate to help account for specs that increase main stat since set bonuses are not increased by them. I do see the love for rogue stats but it doesn't look as bad when you see the hit to dex and str.

If the goal is to put this armor below T2 then they'll need to relook at the armor.

I actually like this, even people with really good gear have something to look forward to when it comes to new crafted items. Think this will bring new life to crafting!

P.S. you will need to improve drop rate of new mats from crafting rifts tho, it is ok for them to be a rare drop, but 1% chance is a bit too low
    World 1st red trinket - finally retired. Tnx for chronicles!

14.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #44

Don't get too excited as we've just changed it yet again (sorry, Jonus!). It should be hitting PTS very soon.

It's a process as we try and find what works best for this stuff and not make it a set of gear that is a must have versus a desirable set of gear for the non-raider player.

We don't want to penalize crafting in the process of course, so it's a fine line.

Last edited by Morticus; 07-09-2015 at 09:12 AM. Reason: typoz lolz

That's understandable. Nothing's in stone on the PTS. Will we be getting another update this week?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast