+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By Red Hawk
  • 2 Post By Xirxe
  • 1 Post By Ernbrecht
  • 1 Post By Red Hawk

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Healing Radius changes

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #1
    Rift Team

Default Healing Radius changes

Hi all,

A number of AoE heals have had their radii increased on PTS. If you have a chance and would like to provide feedback on these changes, they are as follows:

Cleric - Warden – The following spells have had their AoE Heal effects’ radii increased to 30m:
    • Geyser
    • Overflowing Renewal
    • Orbs of the Tide (Proc effect)
    • Healing Flood
    • Monsoon

Mage - Chloromancer – The following spells have had their AoE Heal effects’ radii increased to 30m
    • Wild Growth
    • Flourish
    • Withering Vine

Natural Splendor's healing radius will also be increased in an update coming soon.

These spells all had smaller radii than we would have given them if we re-made them today, so in a QoL push we are testing an increase to them. Please feel free to provide feedback on this change in this thread!

RIFT Guide Writer

What about Wild Growth and Power Core's 25m range?
    Meciel - Mage - Defer Death - Greybriar
    12/12 T1, 14/15 T2, 1/9 T3

3.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #3
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by evantide View Post
    What about Wild Growth and Power Core's 25m range?
    The damage amp effects on Wild Growth and Power Core are unchanged, for the time being. The goal of the changes above is to make non-ground-targeted AoE Smart Heals easier to use by lowering the number of cases in which one healer's effective healing radius differs from another's.

RIFT Guide Writer

I dunno, WG's kind of BS to use when the chloro has to stay within 25m of a target. At least power core can be dropped and left alone.

Having it be a range aura on the chloro is pretty damn painful on fights like Threngar during platforms.

Maybe consider changing WG to be cast on enemy for the debuff component at the very least?

Also changing the heal range without changing the damage aura range is going to confuse newbies more than anything. I've seen so many newb mages not knowing the distance and now that the 30m for healing is outright stated, it'll confuse even more people.
    Last edited by evantide; 05-27-2015 at 02:00 PM.
    Meciel - Mage - Defer Death - Greybriar
    12/12 T1, 14/15 T2, 1/9 T3

5.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #5
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by evantide View Post
    I dunno, WG's kind of BS to use when the chloro has to stay within 25m of a target. At least power core can be dropped and left alone.

Having it be a range aura on the chloro is pretty damn painful on fights like Threngar during platforms.

Maybe consider changing WG to be cast on enemy for the debuff component at the very least?

Also changing the heal range without changing the damage aura range is going to confuse newbies more than anything. I've seen so many newb mages not knowing the distance and now that the 30m for healing is outright stated, it'll confuse even more people.
    Fair point about the clarity. Wild Growth's radii should all be made internally consistent for maximum readability to users. Since Power Core does not have a healing component, I won't be changing it - these two abilities need to be better standardized in the future anyway.

Sword of Telara

could you pls have a look at cleansing rush.
    the mage aoe cleanse is still at 25m.

why not connect the heal range to the skill range?

you can choose the healing exigency mastery to increase the skill range by 5m, but you still heal for 30m atm. that is most confusing to any new chloro, since you can hit the mob at max range but the tank wont get healed.
    Last edited by Xirxe; 05-27-2015 at 02:40 PM.

One thing that irks me in this context is the Physician's Alternative Treatment. Not necessarily it's range, but the lack of clarity of the ability description: It doesn't mention the range, nor the fact that single-target heals are actually turned into targeted aoe heals. I found that extremely confusing when I first started using Phys.
    "I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar!"
    -- Hoban Washburn

Natural conversion -- in pvp when being hit by ethereal damage natural conversion doesn't seem to be proccing correctly.

Chloro gets hit for 3k ethereal, gets healed for 500ish

Natural conversion - "heals for 200% of the damage taken blah blah blah"

Well 200% of damage taken would be 6k reduced by 85% would be around 900ish. I'm pretty sure this is something you can duplicate. Also natural conversion is a pretty vague ability the way it reads.

^ that being said, I could be completely ignorant of how it works in reality. Maybe I just don't understand it, cheers.

Withering vine already says 30m on live --

Does this mean it's not healing 30m live?

10.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #10
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by Blakehavok View Post
    Withering vine already says 30m on live --

Does this mean it's not healing 30m live?
    Right. Withering Vine has a 30 meter range, but the AoE heal effect applied off the debuffed target is much smaller (something like a 7 meter radius, off the top of my head). The radius will now be much larger, making it easier to get the fully saturated raid healing out of the ability.

Any chance of radiant spores being a passive thing about chloro's veils?

Mages maximum health by 5% is what the ability heals for which is variable, but the amount that it procs is around 4% for me in most situations. Meaning it only heals 5% of the mages maximum health 4% of the time? If a chloro was to have 90k health, it'd heal for 4.5k ish. When tanks are getting hit for..45k ish. Seems a little pointless to me.

Not to mention that multiple chloros in a raid fight over radiant spores because they don't stack. Having it be part of the veil would eliminate that. I've never heard anyone say, "Or we could get that chloro because of radiant spores.." Liberators can heal together, effectively, and phys tacts can as well. To heal effectively in chloro we already have to micromanage our entropic veil, and many dots with different timers. We don't have shields, and we don't have overheals applying any sort of dot unto our raid / synth target. I don't think it would be overpowered to have radiant spores active 100% of the time.

+ Reply to Thread