+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree51Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Instant Adventure: Hammerknell!

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #1
    Shiny Ball of Doomy Doom Salvatrix's Avatar

Default Instant Adventure: Hammerknell!

UPDATED:

I am scheduling a new PTS playtest of Hammerknell IA for 3:00pm PST on April 28 2015. I will be there and other assorted Trion devs may also be participating. The test should last roughly 2 hours based on previous playthroughs.

The PTS update later today should have retuned boss encounters and a fix in for the respawn after death issues.

It should also have the friendly VO finally.
    Last edited by Salvatrix; 04-28-2015 at 09:12 AM.
    An Interested Observer
    #WontBeErased

"Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash, and I am delighted to say I have no grasp of it what so ever."

NOOOOOOOO!!! I'll still be at work!

Grrrrrr, but now I have something to look forward to when I get home this afternoon.

TALES OF THE RIFTWALKER is on YouTube!!
    Part IV - Marked by Fate is now live!

Subscribe to my YouTube channel and stay tuned for chances to win stuff via the Trion Worlds Creators Program!
    ** The Forum Drinking Game (to be played during server downtimes) **

3.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #3

Quote Originally Posted by Samuraiko View Post
    I'll still be at work!
    I am happy to get suggestions for times tomorrow - I know a bit later works better for many people. I scheduled today's for as early as possible because... well, because I have been chomping at the bit to get this playable on the PTS for many weeks!
    An Interested Observer
    #WontBeErased

"Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash, and I am delighted to say I have no grasp of it what so ever."

Quote Originally Posted by Tacitus View Post
    I am happy to get suggestions for times tomorrow - I know a bit later works better for many people. I scheduled today's for as early as possible because... well, because I have been chomping at the bit to get this playable on the PTS for many weeks!
    After 4pm PDT for tomorrow would be wonderful.

Subscribe to my YouTube channel and stay tuned for chances to win stuff via the Trion Worlds Creators Program!

woohoo !! it's Hammer time!

I am *tentatively* scheduling a playtest for today at 2:30pm PST of the PTS.

The PTS should be updated by then, and the various tech issue that have been blocking this feature appear to be resolved. I will be on the PTS playing as well. Please come join me and give feedback!

I realize that this one is short notice - assuming this one works, I will schedule another one for tomorrow at the same time.

Even if you can't make it to the scheduled test, HK IA will be unlocked after this afternoon to be jumped in at anytime. That said, Hammerknell is tuned a bit more challenging than normal IA - very small groups will have some difficulty if not well-geared.

Hope to see some of you there!

Known Issues:
    - Story VO should play at the beginning of many non-kill adventures and current does not.
    I will be there . Might only have my boots on but I will be there.

<O└d Skool>

Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    woohoo !! it's Hammer time!
    Stole my line lol !

<O└d Skool>

Ascendant

I am scheduling a playtest for today at 2:30pm PST of the PTS.

The PTS should be updated by then, and the various tech issue that have been blocking this feature appear to be resolved. I will be on the PTS playing as well. Please come join me and give feedback!

I realize that this one is short notice - assuming this one works, I will schedule another one for tomorrow at the same time.

Even if you can't make it to the scheduled test, HK IA will be unlocked after this afternoon to be jumped in at anytime. That said, Hammerknell is tuned a bit more challenging than normal IA - very small groups will have some difficulty if not well-geared.

Hope to see some of you there!

Known Issues:
    - Story VO should play at the beginning of many non-kill adventures and current does not.
    Just as a heads up, the PTS was updated just a bit ago, and still no HK option in the Instant Adventure UI. They may be working now but we can't pick them. Just thought I would mention that in case it was overlooked.
    Planar Breach Support Open World PVP and PVE!
    Sourcewell and PVP Rift Objective Based PVP A more resource efficient way of adding Open World Objective based PVP!
    Ember Isle Open World Style PVP Repurposing Lets do something with this amazing zone!

9.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #9

Quote Originally Posted by Khelendross View Post
    Just as a heads up, the PTS was updated just a bit ago, and still no HK option in the Instant Adventure UI. They may be working now but we can't pick them. Just thought I would mention that in case it was overlooked.
    Yep! I still have HK locked - I will open it at 2:30. I wanted to be there for the initial public run. ;)
    An Interested Observer
    #WontBeErased

Ascendant

Yep! I still have HK locked - I will open it at 2:30. I wanted to be there for the initial public run. ;)
    ah ok, I'll have to run through them tonight when I finish work. I'll make sure and join in tomorrow for the scheduled one if you do it.
    Planar Breach Support Open World PVP and PVE!
    Sourcewell and PVP Rift Objective Based PVP A more resource efficient way of adding Open World Objective based PVP!
    Ember Isle Open World Style PVP Repurposing Lets do something with this amazing zone!

*looks furtively around*

I... uh... might be filming these... just so you guys know... for a video thing.

12.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #12

One of the critical technical fixes that had been holding up the release of HK IA until now missed getting included in the PTS update, which unfortunately made today's test mostly a wash. We will update the PTS again tomorrow and try not once, but twice more! I have update the title and first post with new times.

Thanks again for those that made it out, and hopefully tomorrow goes better.
    An Interested Observer
    #WontBeErased

Think i found a bug, after every stage in the Sicaron room, you get offered to port back to Matron's room, which i did the first few times but skipped one.

Now i ported back for "Bug Stompers" and the door wouldn't open, also the same for the door out of Matron's room back to the start, wouldn't open.

14.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #14

Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    Think i found a bug, after every stage in the Sicaron room, you get offered to port back to Matron's room, which i did the first few times but skipped one.

Now i ported back for "Bug Stompers" and the door wouldn't open, also the same for the door out of Matron's room back to the start, wouldn't open.
    Yeah, that is part of what I mean how things would break badly if more than one group is allowed to run through the same instance.

The best way to think of IA is as a network of nodes, each node with a selection of random adventures. Each adventure's content at each node is pretty self contained.

Because HK is supposed to be a restricted environment, I played with that structure in a lot of ways - unlocking (and relocking or resetting) doors base on various nodes becoming the active one. Same thing with the lasers and some other environmental effects later. In short, I wanted to make the environment feel more reactive and to the players' progress and the nodes more interconnected.

As soon as a second group gets tossed in the mix, it suddenly becomes a case of multiple people flipping switches back and forth to suit where THEIR group is at odds with where the OTHER groups are. And then it is nothing but dogs and cats living together. :P

Crossing my fingers for a more useful run tomorrow.
    An Interested Observer
    #WontBeErased

15.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #15

Grouping is still busted in today's update. :-/
    An Interested Observer
    #WontBeErased

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast