+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree51Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Instant Adventure: Hammerknell!

Quote Originally Posted by Tacitus View Post
    Grouping is still busted in today's update. :-/
    Just let us know when to be there and we will give it another go. I think it is a conspiracy between Akylios and Zilas in my opinion.

<O└d Skool>

Grouping is still busted in today's update. :-/
    While that sucks, it's sort of good because I'm stuck at work late. And I really wanna participate in this.

TALES OF THE RIFTWALKER is on YouTube!!
    Part IV - Marked by Fate is now live!

Subscribe to my YouTube channel and stay tuned for chances to win stuff via the Trion Worlds Creators Program!
    ** The Forum Drinking Game (to be played during server downtimes) **

OTOH, I managed to do about 5 of the adventures on my own, and they are FUN!!! Can't wait for the fixes to get fixed and for it to go Live.

*shakes fist at Murdantix*

Two things I've found thus far that probably needs addressing:

Onslaught of Death: The Great Hall -
    The death invaders don't actually attack the wardstone. Instead they get the Planar Evacuation debuff and stacks of Burning Out and soon as they get near the wardstone. Never fight the wardstone. Just randomly walks around in a small area near the wardstone.

Only the commander "Great Flesh Horror" actually attacks the wardstone without first aggroing it.

Murdantix.
    I got a Demonic Leash, but just like in the raid, it doesn't show the green laser the first time he does it so unless you have the kalert, you won't know to run into him to reduce the damage it does. Got one-shot (82k damage). Needs to be an emote from some dwarf about it. Not really an issue soloing him, but if he is just like the raid version, it'll be an issue in a group greater than 3 because the first time he does it nobody (except those with the kalert) or paying attention to their buffs, will know.

A couple of things I found while soloing some of the adventures:

• Molinar and Dollin hit like freaking trucks. Got crit for 30k by Dollin and 50k by Molinar, pretty much died instantly and took me 6 tries to kill them both. Not sure if intended?
    • I got marked for AFK by sitting still 30 seconds - not sure if intended or just really tight antileeching.
    • The lasers almost oneshot me when I stood in them for half a second - perhaps tone down the rate of damage so 85k HP doesn't go down the drain?
    And that's about it.

Okay, after the raid group run there's a few more things to point out:
    • Boss HP needs to be increased. The 2mil just isn't enough for most fights.
    • Inquisitor Garau's Golems probably need an HP buff. Don't want to make the fight take too long because this isn't a raid, but they need to last long enough to have their mechanics appear.
    • There needs to be some teleport orbs. The start of the Sicaron room and right outside Sicaron's encounter area could use teleport orbs. This way players will be more motivated to do any 'last few objectives' just before Sicaron. Otherwise if they are at the start of the room, they might miss out on tagging Sicaron.
    • Lasers at start of HK should be toned down a little bit. Something like taking 10k ticks instead of 15k. Don't want it to be completely ignorable though.
    • Some of the invasions in Akylios' room/harbor path through the walls.
    • Akylios encounter didn't pop up. We were ported from harbor back to HK murdantix area.

7.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #22
    Shiny Ball of Doomy Doom Salvatrix's Avatar

For anyone else interested in running through, I have left it unlocked. As previously noted, some of the mechanics are extremely harsh for a solo player. To not be solo, you currently need to manually group up before joining IA.

Thank you for the crew that ran a full circuit with me - I have extensive notes to work through tonight. I might try for another organized test run on Friday afternoon or this weekend.
    An Interested Observer
    #WontBeErased

"Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash, and I am delighted to say I have no grasp of it what so ever."

Any chance when it go's live there be a bigger bone for HK IA? in rewared, in how long it was today overtime don't want it to be a no one does it instant after few months, but don't know I can be wrong at times.
    Last edited by Zaber; 04-22-2015 at 07:50 PM.

RIFT Fan Site Operator

FThank you for the crew that ran a full circuit with me - I have extensive notes to work through tonight. I might try for another organized test run on Friday afternoon or this weekend.
    Not during Livestreams please!
    Would like to jump in and come break...I mean fix or test stuff

Thumbs up

For anyone else interested in running through, I have left it unlocked. As previously noted, some of the mechanics are extremely harsh for a solo player. To not be solo, you currently need to manually group up before joining IA.

Thank you for the crew that ran a full circuit with me - I have extensive notes to work through tonight. I might try for another organized test run on Friday afternoon or this weekend.
    No problem !

I am glad that we had the opportunity to run through and point out some things that might need looked at. It was also nice to be able to sound off back and forth about possible needs and wants for the IA to work better. Although it may not seem like it due to the beating you guys take on the forums sometimes, your efforts are appreciated.

Here are some of the things I made notes of during my experience in HK IA's on both days. There might be some duplicates of what others have posted, but I am just going to add everything I put on my notes.

Planar Invasion Adventures-
    *The invaders don't attack the wardstone. They get a debuff and stacks of burn out. If you engage them, they will fight you, however they still never attempt to attack the wardstone.
    *The invasions are immune until they are almost on top of the wardstone area. I remember you debating if that should continue to be the case.
    *I felt for the size of group we had there could or should have been more invasions, it did not seem to be much of a challenge.

Boss Adventures-
    *Scaling seemed to be off on the bosses. Only Estrode and Rune King Molinar with Prince Dollin seemed to be at par for our group size. With that said, it very well could have something to do with the fact that we created a separate raid outside of the IA because of the current issue with it putting everyone in separate instances.
    *Sicaron seemed to be off or slow to show contracts or they might have been broken completely. I think this is one we might have to check again just to be sure. The hit points were very low for our group size on this boss.
    If there is an adventure like the one we experienced just before Sicaron was activated, people were spread from Sicaron all the way to the main door. Maybe some kind of speed buffs or teleports so everyone gets to participate in the kill.
    *Murdantix was not giving visual indications or effects for his abilities consistently. This can be worked around with KA currently.
    *Akylios was never tested as we got ported back to the beginning of the loop. I have no clue if this is due to a bug on Akylios or if it is just due to randomness.

General Adventure Issues-
    *Not enough adventure objectives available during adventures. There were more than a few times that we had to wait for enough objective items to spawn so we could finish the adventure and advance to the next one.
    *A few of the adventure objectives were so spread out we would get the inactive warning while running to the objectives. We need them closer or possibly speeds buffs, teleport orbs, or jump pads.
    *There are a few areas where some direction indicators might be helpful especially for newer players that have not been to Hammerknell before. For instance after the Zilas area it wasn't absolutely clear that we needed to go to the elevator.
    *The lower near Grugonim and so forth had a massive shake that seemed to happen every minute or less and lasted for several seconds. That was quite a pain. For me it was even worse as I have vertigo and it REALLY messed with me. Even the others who do not have my issue said it was way too much shaking.
    *Teleport cues seemed to be out of sorts. Sometimes we would get a teleport pop up even when we were in the adventure area we needed to be in. Other times we would get no teleport pop up when the adventure was a long run away. Then there were the times that we got a teleport pop up and it put us further away from the adventure than we were when we got the pop up.

The good stuff-
    *I think almost all the trash had the proper hit points for our group size.
    *Except for not getting to Akylios running a loop even if it is random is nice because you eventually get to do the whole of HK.
    *Was nice to still have a healer after Murdantix is killed.
    *I liked these enough that I would love to see this implemented in so of the other old school raids eventually.

Yes, this is a wall of text, however you asked that we add any notes we might have so you can be sure that it all gets looked into.

<O└d Skool>

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    Not during Livestreams please!
    Would like to jump in and come break...I mean fix or test stuff
    I hope it can be outside of livestream time. We need a Kiwi to help us break stuffs.

<O└d Skool>

Ascendant

Most of the notes I have had been already mentioned by others.

Quiickly:
    Boss HP,
    Instant AOE death mechanics on Sicaron that make no sense (not the Contract).
    Inwar was just a tad punishing.
    The best fight for bosses was Estrode. Very fun but not to punishing if you avoided the stuff you clearly need to.
    Most bosses died to quickly to see any mechanics.
    Many objectives need a higher spawn rate, some of the "Carry to X" items need a speed boost or something as that gets tedious running back and forth.
    Akylios and Jornaru don't work.
    If possible it would be cool if Zilas still did his death laser but it didn't kill you outright and he spun much slower.

In a general sense difficulty was quite a bit higher than usual adventures, This is not a bad thing! I recommend doing this; Have 3 categories: Featured Adventures (for promos and new releases) and then regular instant adventure, and a third one called Challenge IA's Challenge IAs are ones that require e bit more focus and coordination. But give them a 4 charge award on par with say chronicles (upgradable blue or green gear). I do feel like people will just ignore these after the shine wears off cause they are a bit harder and take longer. There needs to be some sort of carrot. So slightly better rewards. I also think it would be cool to make scaled down IA versions of the boss loot from the actual raid. Not to drop all the time, but maybe a middling chance. Around 3-7%. Again Blue drops upgradable in the way chronicle loot is typical upgradable.
    Planar Breach Support Open World PVP and PVE!
    Sourcewell and PVP Rift Objective Based PVP A more resource efficient way of adding Open World Objective based PVP!
    Ember Isle Open World Style PVP Repurposing Lets do something with this amazing zone!

13.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #28
    Shiny Ball of Doomy Doom Salvatrix's Avatar

The latest build up on PTS should allow grouping in HK IA smoothly again.

It should also fix the boss hp scaling issues. As a side effect of the bosses being at normal health pools, they now get a chance to unleash the full fury of their murderous abilities. Oh, and Estrode will sometimes heal herself to full. So... some bosses will not be beatable on this release. Bosses are getting an ability tuning pass right now.

Things fixed but not in this PTS push:
    Jump pads in the Quarry!
    Speed boosts while carrying things that need to be delivered
    Seismic activity in the Quarry much reduced.

Also, dying in some areas - Quarry, Estrode's chamber, etc, still result in falling through the floor on respawn.
    An Interested Observer
    #WontBeErased

"Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash, and I am delighted to say I have no grasp of it what so ever."

Telaran

Jump pads in the Quarry!
    Speed boosts while carrying things that need to be delivered
    Seismic activity in the Quarry much reduced.
    Awesome! I'm glad that running this one with you resulted in those improvements.

Two remarks:

- making some kind of wall (or at least a sign with skullheads and whatnot) spawn at the very bottom of the path in the Quarry would prevent players from getting instakilled by the invisible wall of death without any warning

- as I was dragging her around, the red aoe bubbles on Estrode were kinda hard to see, the red color is a bit faint, changing the color to a darker red or adding a vfx at the rim of those aoes would help

I can't wait for those IA bosses to crush our souls and make guilds groups disband (IA debuff ftw) and for Akylios to stop being a coward.

Ascendant

So after running through several solo IA tracks, and keep in mind this is with a fully geared out tier 2 rogue with 90k hp in a build made more or less for solouing. The bosses need some serious nerfing to their damage. Please don't remove abilities, but the damage is out of whack for sure.

As a "for example". Inwar Darktide's Storm Surge hits for 85k damage. which is instantly followed up with a unavoidable lightning storm attack (forget the name) which one shots you. I was eventually able to kill him after about 8 deaths. Rune King Molinar I gave up on. I wasn't even able to dent him. With a group they were zergable since their health is so low but once the scaling is fixed, most of these bosses will be impossible for IA groups to kill at the usual gear levels for IA players.

Again please don't strip away mechanics, just tone down their damage. I love that these fights are mechanically intense. Though I will say that only further serves the need to increase the rewards for these instanced IA's. Otherwise I fear people will just not do them and it will end up going the way of master modes.

PS. Bring back Master Modes
    Last edited by Khelendross; 04-25-2015 at 06:15 AM.
    Planar Breach Support Open World PVP and PVE!
    Sourcewell and PVP Rift Objective Based PVP A more resource efficient way of adding Open World Objective based PVP!
    Ember Isle Open World Style PVP Repurposing Lets do something with this amazing zone!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast