+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 19
Like Tree2Likes

  Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: 3.1 Crafting Updates

  1. #1
    General of Telara
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    979

    Default 3.1 Crafting Updates

    -Many new crafted item upgrades that use Accelerators are BoE.(earrings and trinkets) This allows people who get free Accelerators on each toon free upgrades.

    -Mage tank, cleric tank and war tank trinkets have different upgrade costs than the other 5 trinkets- they require 3 more strands.

    -Detailed and refined earring recipes are listed as Potions in the Artificer book.

    -6/8 (4dps 2tanks) of the trinkets use Apoth upgrade parts. 2/8 (2tank) use Dreamweaver. Not sure if future recipes will fix this imbalance. Not just that Apoth has more trinkets but the more popular ones too.

    -Mining is the only gathering profession with new recipes so far. This leaves out Foraging and Butchering.

    -Talon of Izbithu (cleric tank trinket) uses a 2.0 mat for the lvl 60 item.

    -Not that I mind but people will probably complain about the wide variety of items that are needed to craft each trinket. For example the artificer recipe for the rogue tank trinket uses mats from Mining, Apoth, foraging, runecrafting and butchering- plus its one of 2 that uses dreamweaver upgrade items instead of apoth!
    Last edited by Accol; 02-13-2015 at 07:48 PM.

  2. #2
    Plane Walker FreddyThump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    478

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Accol View Post
    -people will probably complain about the wide variety of items that are needed to craft each trinket. For example the artificer recipe for the rogue tank trinket uses mats from Mining, Apoth, foraging, runecrafting and butchering- plus its one of 2 that uses dreamweaver upgrade items instead of apoth!
    Crafting has already been nerfed to the crappers to suit the general masses - it's good to see there might actually be something there for those of us that take it seriously.

  3.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #3
    Rift Team Morticus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    576

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Accol View Post
    -Many new crafted item upgrades that use Accelerators are BoE.(earrings and trinkets) This allows people who get free Accelerators on each toon free upgrades.
    Fixed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Accol View Post
    -Mage tank, cleric tank and war tank trinkets have different upgrade costs than the other 5 trinkets- they require 3 more strands.
    Fixed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Accol View Post
    -Detailed and refined earring recipes are listed as Potions in the Artificer book.
    Fixed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Accol View Post
    -6/8 (4dps 2tanks) of the trinkets use Apoth upgrade parts. 2/8 (2tank) use Dreamweaver. Not sure if future recipes will fix this imbalance. Not just that Apoth has more trinkets but the more popular ones too.

    -Mining is the only gathering profession with new recipes so far. This leaves out Foraging and Butchering.

    -Talon of Izbithu (cleric tank trinket) uses a 2.0 mat for the lvl 60 item.

    -Not that I mind but people will probably complain about the wide variety of items that are needed to craft each trinket. For example the artificer recipe for the rogue tank trinket uses mats from Mining, Apoth, foraging, runecrafting and butchering- plus its one of 2 that uses dreamweaver upgrade items instead of apoth!
    This is currently intended.

  4. #4
    Sword of Telara
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    855

    Default

    couldnt find the mage dps trinket on pts.

    instead i saw 2 mage tank trinket recipes in runecrafting.

  5. #5
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    171

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xirxe View Post
    couldnt find the mage dps trinket on pts.

    instead i saw 2 mage tank trinket recipes in runecrafting.

    Apoth makes the mage dps trinket (also upgrades to a ST healing trinket)

  6. #6
    Sword of Telara
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    855

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Naught View Post
    Apoth makes the mage dps trinket (also upgrades to a ST healing trinket)
    thx, but it still makes no sense to have 2 mage tank trinkets in runecrafting and once upgraded they are exactly the same.

    apo is a strange choice for a mage trinket.


    btw why are having the crafted trinkets such a bad proc compared to dungeon ones. for a trinket the procs are way more important than the stats.

  7. #7
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    171

    Default

    If you look at the recipes they look similar but they arent....One of them has an extra upgrade path compared to the other. And from my understanding they are supposed to be placeholders until you get an expert trinket or raid trinket.

  8. #8
    General of Telara
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    979

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xirxe View Post
    thx, but it still makes no sense to have 2 mage tank trinkets in runecrafting and once upgraded they are exactly the same.

    apo is a strange choice for a mage trinket.


    btw why are having the crafted trinkets such a bad proc compared to dungeon ones. for a trinket the procs are way more important than the stats.
    The Crafted lvl 65 trinket is simply the first upgrade from the crafted lvl 60 trinket. They added many new recipes in most of the professions that allow you to just directly craft the first upgrade of the lvl 60-64 items.

  9.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #9
    Rift Team Morticus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    576

    Default

    Correct.

    Crafters can make a level 60 uncommon trinket, a 60 rare trinket and the first upgrade to that level 60 trinket (versus having to use the upgrade system to create it). The idea here is so that you feel like you can still craft something viable at level 65/450 Savant.


  10. #10
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    69

    Default

    Looks like the mining amenders, some apoth nightmare amenders did not make it to live

  11.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #11
    Rift Team Morticus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    576

    Default

    These just needed to be re-enabled on the servers. They should now be available once more.

  12. #12
    General of Telara
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    979

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Accol View Post
    -Mage tank, cleric tank and war tank trinkets have different upgrade costs than the other 5 trinkets- they require 3 more strands.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morticus View Post
    Fixed.
    This fix didn't make it to live. 3/8 trinkets still have larger upgrade costs than the others.

  13. #13
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    377

    Default

    Nevermind, found it.
    Last edited by Warfyre; 02-18-2015 at 10:33 AM.

  14. #14
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    171

    Default

    Please fix the Detailed Thalasite Vambraces (chain gloves) upgrade path,,,,,goes from gloves to plate boots =/

  15. #15
    Rift Disciple Runningmoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    116

    Default The new mining recipes..

    The New Crafting Recipes: Thalaite nightmare alloy, and thalasite dream alloy, Share a cooldown even though they are 2 different recipes Meaning if you craft "one".. You won't be able to craft either (The other one) of them again for 20hrs which blow my shard first
    Last edited by Runningmoon; 02-18-2015 at 12:30 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts