+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By krug

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Raid Rift Testing on PTS, Thursday 1/22/15 at 12pm server time

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #1
    Rift Team

Default Raid Rift Testing on PTS, Thursday 1/22/15 at 12pm server time

I'd like to give the raid rift another go if enough people can get together this Thursday. Post any new feedback here, or send me a PM.

Thanks!

I should be around for round 2

Are there any planned changes for the current drrs? I still think planecrawler is a bit tough for the general population. Sea of Ladon is also great and can be a fun place to parse, but the damage from the bubbles is still a bit too high, and most groups can only clear it due to the spawn point being close to one of the raid rift tiers. I'm loving the design on the new one and hopefully we can get a decent group doing on Thursday.

Quote Originally Posted by meph1111 View Post
    and most groups can only clear it due to the spawn point being close to one of the raid rift tiers.
    It's almost like that was planned out that way.

5.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #5
    Rift Team

There aren't any planned changed to the existing raid rifts, although I can review/adjust their difficulty once I've finalized The Darkest Magic.

TY everyone who showed up

7.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #7
    Rift Team

Ok, folks, thanks to your diligence and willingness to die over and over again, I've made the following changes to The Darkest Magic raid rift. Hope you have fun with it!

Rabbit
    In general, throughout the rift, Rogues should no longer randomly lose stealth. Rabbit's Chasing Cottontail damage has been reduced.

Nightmare Delusion
    Fixed an issue causing the Nightmare Delusion to sometimes not cast abilities when aggroed. Reduced the damage of Psychic Pain and Untenable Position. Added more visible VFX to Untenable Position, which is when the buff circles catch on fire.

Neashgar
    I increased the size of the Healing Founts and fixed an issue allowing people to click them fast enough to get a double cleanse. However, the cleanse is now a 5 meter AoE. Creepy Crawlers now do less damage.

Lograr
    Lograr's Greater Evil has had its initial damage reduced; however, it now puts a stacking buff on Lograr increasing the damage of the next Greater Evil. Unlit Braziers have had their health reduced and their size increased.

Silenek
    Silenek's Cower Together (meteor) ability and Isolation can no longer overlap, additionally, the target of Cower Together becomes immune to the air elementals moving around the rift. I also fixed an issue causing Silenek to not cast Isolation for stretches of time, though both abilities now have longer cooldowns. Silenek will also summon his Shadow adds less frequently, and players now have more time to kill them before he reenters combat. Shadows of Silenek now hit for less damage.

Prophet of Telara

What drops can we get from this DRR? any new, better greaters maybe?
    Quote Originally Posted by elfaraon View Post
    you really need to play more pyro . I bet you are a warrior or rogue so your opinion is not accurate at all. By the way pyro is not even close to have the highest burst in the game tell that to a sin or warlord

RIFT Guide Writer

We did this rift as a guild twice today and it worked fine, then I joined a pug and it just completely broke on first stage. We killed first bunny as normal and then the part were you kill 10 rabbits broke. We killed 8 out of 10 rabbits which had 24 hp or something as normal, and then the other 2 had 60 million hp. We wiped a few times because its quite hard to follow 2 bunnies at same time. Anyway, we tried to pull only a single one of them and then noticed that the hp of the bunnies was going up with 50 million hp every once in a while. We left as soon as one of the bunnies was on 1 billion hp...
    Acuta - Apotheosys

Quote Originally Posted by ttlyevil View Post
    We did this rift as a guild twice today and it worked fine, then I joined a pug and it just completely broke on first stage. We killed first bunny as normal and then the part were you kill 10 rabbits broke. We killed 8 out of 10 rabbits which had 24 hp or something as normal, and then the other 2 had 60 million hp. We wiped a few times because its quite hard to follow 2 bunnies at same time. Anyway, we tried to pull only a single one of them and then noticed that the hp of the bunnies was going up with 50 million hp every once in a while. We left as soon as one of the bunnies was on 1 billion hp...
    Saw that bug in the first one I successfully completed as well.
    At the same time, I was in one, where no bunny spawned and all 10 were killed with 24 hp and the phase moved to the next.

Luck of the draw. You can single pull and clear it; every time you wipe I believe, they reset the HP-gain tick, so they can keep scaling.

RIFT Guide Writer

Yeah we opened a new one and then it happened again, but we did beat it this time. Some general feedback: 4th stage takes way too long in my opinion. 5th stage is basicly only doable with pugs if you ignore the meteor, and either save the person who gets it with life insurance or just let them run back in / brez.
    Acuta - Apotheosys

Quote Originally Posted by ttlyevil View Post
    Yeah we opened a new one and then it happened again, but we did beat it this time. Some general feedback: 4th stage takes way too long in my opinion. 5th stage is basicly only doable with pugs if you ignore the meteor, and either save the person who gets it with life insurance or just let them run back in / brez.
    Or reflect that! *Trion disables* Noooo.

How do you deal with Phantom Pain Ints giving Greater Evil stacks to the boss? That's a bug at the moment. At sometimes we can clear it successfully, other times, it just keeps on hitting for 108k to everyone.

RIFT Guide Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Solaxys View Post
    Or reflect that! *Trion disables* Noooo.

How do you deal with Phantom Pain Ints giving Greater Evil stacks to the boss? That's a bug at the moment. At sometimes we can clear it successfully, other times, it just keeps on hitting for 108k to everyone.
    Out of the 3 rifts that I've completed we had a bug like this twice. Whenever we interupted Phantom Pain, the boss ticked for a massive amount of damage. There were no stacks appearing on the boss though (which happens if you interupt Lesser Evil). We had everyone stack on the tank to ensure that they get guard from him. Most people (even in a pug) had enough HP to survive then.
    Acuta - Apotheosys

+ Reply to Thread