+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By captaincursor
  • 1 Post By meph1111

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Disorientated vs Sick when Infinity Awakens

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #1

Default Disorientated vs Sick when Infinity Awakens

I'm looking for some feedback on the quest Infinity Awakens. At a certain point in the quest the intent is to make you feel disoriented. I have had some internal feedback that instead the player felt ill. I'm wondering how widespread this was.

Did you feel ill or just disoriented in Infinity Awakens?

Can white girl wasted be an option to choose from?

3.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #3

As long as you can tell me which camp that falls into:

Confused

or

Violently ill

Aiming for the former, trying to avoid the latter.
    Last edited by captaincursor; 01-19-2015 at 02:52 PM.

If you go to dev tracker you can still see the hilarious pictures he used to describe each.

I'll go with towlie.

I think you need fullscreen FX on, same as when you fight Ernie (my name for it, you're welcome) in MS. I took it off to focus on the fight itself.

The problem with this visual is that people react differently to various stimuli. Many reported feeling sick watching Cloverfield, to the point that theaters posted messages warning the audience about the motion sickness they may experience. I experienced nothing except disappointment at not seeing the monster more often.

Some experience motion sickness watching movement while remaining still, some experience the complete opposite, sensing movement but not seeing it (I'm in that camp), and others experience motion sickness while both seeing movement and being in motion. You are trying to avoid the first. Most people that play this game for fast-paced raiding and pvp should be fine; they are used to seeing the screen flash by quickly. I'm not savvy or educated enough to know how equilibrium operates, though I can say maybe make the motion slower. That should allow the eyes to compensate for the perceived motion. Too fast and you'll have people reach for the trashcans.
    Mirandiral@Greybriar
    Archon by trade. Live archon, learn archon, love archon!
    RoF 4/4, MS 5/5, TF 2/3

I'm careful around water rifts, and mazes because I'm sensitive to that kind of motion.
    And I wanted to be a fighter pilot when I was young. lol!

If I play MMOs (or any first person shooter) with mouse look, watch somebody else play that's moving a lot, or get in tight quarters (like a hedge maze) I get motion sick.

I'm the type where if there's a major disconnect between what the eye sees and the body feels something my body wants to vomit (presumably a genetic defense mechanism against having ingested rotten food or poison. I tell myself this makes me hearty, not a pansy.)

The bad thing is that it can come on very quickly (like 20 seconds of disorienting visuals) and not go away for hours.

I haven't tried the quest, but given the question I'm pretty sure I won't. Feeling like I'm going to vomit for a few hours is something I try to avoid.

+ Reply to Thread