+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: NPC Dimension Rewards

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #1
    Rift Team

Default NPC Dimension Rewards

I mentioned this in The Rhen of Fate Chronicle thread, but I've made a few NPC dimension item rewards for achievements in the Chronicle. If you'd like to test them out, enter The Rhen of Fate and click the four blue buttons at the entrance. With the exception of the Baby Gumps, they are all stationary, but they do react to a variety of emotes. If you find anything buggy, please let me know!

Quote Originally Posted by krug View Post
    I mentioned this in The Rhen of Fate Chronicle thread, but I've made a few NPC dimension item rewards for achievements in the Chronicle. If you'd like to test them out, enter The Rhen of Fate and click the four blue buttons at the entrance. With the exception of the Baby Gumps, they are all stationary, but they do react to a variety of emotes. If you find anything buggy, please let me know!
    can't play on pts right now , so ill wait other to tell us what the new items are!
    But from what im reading i'll be super happy

I LOVE these!!! I placed all 4 of them in a dimension to see what they looked like and was suprised that they also periodically speak to you. I love the one that dances....baby Gump is really cute, but my favorite is the male Guard since he is the chattiest.

Great job on these!!!! I think a lot of people will be ecstatic over them and immediately ask for more!
    Dimensions on Faeblight:
    Gatekeeper's Christmas Cottage, Faerwood Cottage, Sunrise Cottage, Moonglow Cottage (Nym)
    Ozark Mountain Christmas ( Aedrexa)
    Dream Weaver's Palace (Morgeanna)

This sounds awesome!
    The Road Less Traveled, Hypnotique, Hero's Quest: Belly of the Beast, Avalon, Doubleohhseven's Avatar v2.0, Promenade Penthouse, Hero's Quest: Sleeping Beauty, Mabhe's Quadradream, Everwinter, Karthan Paradise, Halls of Intoxication, Court of Shadows, Dreamscapes, Lost in Wonderland, Hero’s Quest: Hidden Canyon, Bywater, Sanguine Summer
    Greybriar Dimension Geek

Quote Originally Posted by Foxfire View Post
    I LOVE these!!! I placed all 4 of them in a dimension to see what they looked like and was suprised that they also periodically speak to you. I love the one that dances....baby Gump is really cute, but my favorite is the male Guard since he is the chattiest.

Great job on these!!!! I think a lot of people will be ecstatic over them and immediately ask for more!
    can u plz add photos to see how they looks like?

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Thumbs up

Thank you Krug what an awesome surprise to see animated people and Rift creatures. My fave straight away is Spawnling though I want to take them all home-everyone is going to flip out with happiness opening a pandoras box of inquiry heh!

Thanks also for making these available in content reachable for Dimensioneers though I'm not 100% certain on the achievement possibilities. Will these be account bound or tradeable? Also just wondered if the orange VFX effect willbe present when going live? It remained even after leaving the dimension and relogging.

NPC Dimension Rewards-2.jpg
    Spawnling, Scoundrel Guard-Male, Scoundrel Guard - Female, Baby Gump

7.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #7
    Rift Team

What's with the orange vfx? Those appear to be the base of the NPC where you can pick them up, but they should be invisible (they're invisible to me). Do you have some kind of mod that reveals collision in dimensions? If not, that's something I need to fix pronto.

These items will be BoP - you'll get one from completing the achievement, which will also unlock them in the MTX if you'd like to purchase more. They're currently under Dimensions/Trophies/The Rhen of Fate Chronicle. The prices are TBD.

Orange shows up for me, too. Relogged out of PTS and back in, changed my graphics back to just "ultra" without anything different, have no addons that are for dimensions (that I know of, lol).

Serein, Gaetinn, Amkhe, Skaidras | Co-Guild Leader of <Nordvegr> of Faeblight | 4/4 iROTP 4/4 TD 3/3 BOS
    New to Rift? Free bag, cape, weapon glow, and title with my Ascend-a-Friend code: EPZHJKQ3DDYHG7GDEDHJ

9.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #9
    Rift Team

I guess that serves me right for playing with my settings on low. Should be an improvement with the next PTS update.

RIFT Fan Site Operator

I guess that serves me right for playing with my settings on low. Should be an improvement with the next PTS update.
    Lol thanks, look forward to taking a look at them with the base as it will be on live as Baby Grug likes sinking into tiles as he walks/waddles/shuffles around. All statues or yellow labeled items do this to an extent but cause he is moving horizontally it is more noticeable.

These look awesome! Shame they will be near enough impossible to get without raid gear... Holy crap does that trash hit hard!!!!! Couldn't even kill first pack as a 61 druid in likely way better gear than the place actually drops.

I guess that serves me right for playing with my settings on low.
    I have these boxes, too, with fairly low settings. What I find interesting is the weird distorting effect they come with. This whole thing may be a bug, but I smell potential for really awesome special graphics effect items there...!
    NPC Dimension Rewards-2015-01-14_135508.jpg

Those guard NPCs are pretty cool! I'd love to have more styles of them (something like Sanctum Guards that just stand there with minimal idle animations and salute you when you walk past).

The Spawnling will dance with you! Awesome!
    "I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar!"
    -- Hoban Washburn

RIFT Fan Site Operator

This is how all VFX items display in their edited state Embrecht so it is not new and Dimensions are built around Rift so everything in them is represented in the game so chances of this happening are very small.

Quote Originally Posted by Indicam View Post
    These look awesome! Shame they will be near enough impossible to get without raid gear... Holy crap does that trash hit hard!!!!! Couldn't even kill first pack as a 61 druid in likely way better gear than the place actually drops.
    Chronicles need raid gear? You'll need hit for sure but achievements just need mechanics so maybe those in raid gear will do better because that's what they enjoy doing however with tons of practice gear won't matter if you can't meet the objective or take someone in raid gear cause it's duo heh
    Last edited by Kiwi; 01-14-2015 at 09:22 AM.

I didn't even get to see mechanics... The trash zerged me and my pet down as if I had just suicide run into a pack of expert trash with no healer. Hence my comment about raid gear. I am mostly expert blue/epic and felt like I was wearing tissue paper in a strong solo spec. Add to that the huge amount of HP they have and the fact there's a healer spamming bubbles for half of that health... kind of impossible to deal with unless VERY well geared.
    Last edited by Indicam; 01-14-2015 at 10:08 AM.

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Indicam View Post
    I didn't even get to see mechanics... The trash zerged me and my pet down as if I had just suicide run into a pack of expert trash with no healer. Hence my comment about raid gear. I am mostly expert blue/epic and felt like I was wearing tissue paper in a strong solo spec. Add to that the huge amount of HP they have and the fact there's a healer spamming bubbles for half of that health... kind of impossible to deal with unless VERY well geared.
    I think all new content makes even raid geared players feel like tissue paper and I've seen it lurking on livestreams lol and being one once upon a time. Give it time

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast