+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree10Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: NPC Dimension Rewards

RIFT Fan Site Operator Feendish's Avatar

Gah, I wish I wasn't out of town without even my toaster! These things look really neat.
    Dimensions on Greybriar and Zaviel

Baradara@Greybriar

2.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #17
    Rift Team

Keep in mind, the Chronicle difficulty will be adjusted as I get more player feedback. A common response I'm getting is the trash is too difficult, so I'll be paring those mobs back today. Also, Rhen is a two-person Chronicle, so depending on your gear, you may have to grab a partner.

The Gumps walking through stuff on the ground is the tradeoff that allows them to not fall through player-placed floors. Basically, they stay on a level plane and do not deviate from it. As a further experiment, I'm adding an option to toggle the item from this setting to one that lets the NPC walk naturally on the terrain (but will fall through player-placed floors), to a stationary version.

Also, I've removed the weird VFX at the base of the NPCs and replaced them with the same thing you see with time of day objects.

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Quote Originally Posted by krug View Post
    Keep in mind, the Chronicle difficulty will be adjusted as I get more player feedback. A common response I'm getting is the trash is too difficult, so I'll be paring those mobs back today. Also, Rhen is a two-person Chronicle, so depending on your gear, you may have to grab a partner.

The Gumps walking through stuff on the ground is the tradeoff that allows them to not fall through player-placed floors. Basically, they stay on a level plane and do not deviate from it. As a further experiment, I'm adding an option to toggle the item from this setting to one that lets the NPC walk naturally on the terrain (but will fall through player-placed floors), to a stationary version.

Also, I've removed the weird VFX at the base of the NPCs and replaced them with the same thing you see with time of day objects.
    Looks great! Interestingly after placement it clicks straight off the NPC item so care is needed if moving them not to click on the wrong thing but the blue VFX edit feature is easy to click back onto real quick. I also like there is no chest or original stand (etc) for us to have to cover up so they roam, chat or sit freely (They are all so cute when sitting!) The toggle feature will give more option thanks, Baby Gump walked like a champ today and I understand the trade off. Cheers!

Updated pic for those who can't log on to PTS currently.

NPC Dimension Rewards-1.jpg
    Last edited by Kiwi; 01-14-2015 at 01:23 PM.

4.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #19
    Rift Team

Just a head's up: Within the next couple of PTS updates, I'll be removing the buttons that give out the NPC dimension items. So, if you're interested, but haven't tried them out yet, you should pick them up soon.

Also, if anyone has any additional feedback, especially in regards to the Baby Gump's snap, no snap, and stationary settings, please let me know!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2