+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: The Rhen of Fate Chronicle

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #1
    Rift Team

Default The Rhen of Fate Chronicle

The Rhen of Fate Chronicle is ready for testing on PTS. It hasn't been itemized yet, but otherwise, feel free to hop in and try it out. Please give feedback in this thread. When giving feedback, let me know what kind of gear you were wearing, if you were duo or solo, and what kind of specs were being used.

Thanks!

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by krug View Post
    The Rhen of Fate Chronicle is ready for testing on PTS. It hasn't been itemized yet, but otherwise, feel free to hop in and try it out. Please give feedback in this thread. When giving feedback, let me know what kind of gear you were wearing, if you were duo or solo, and what kind of specs were being used.

Thanks!
    Is there a super secret way on entering it? It's not on the list for chronicles.
    Stroman - <Undaunted> - Wolfsbane
    4/4 RoF, 4/5 MS, 1/3 TF

3.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #3
    Rift Team

That's odd - I zoned in through the Chronicle menu earlier today. I'll check again tomorrow when I get back to the office.

I take it this is a one man?

If it's up tomorrow and I remember I would love to test it. love chronicles
    Mickdayblind NA Defiant

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by MickNico View Post
    I take it this is a one man?
    Quote Originally Posted by krug View Post
    ...if you were duo or solo...
    Y u want 10 chars

Ascendant

Great! I hope you will place there some secret chest like in older chronicles with some useful items or marks! <3
    PvP in RIFT is good only @forum.

7.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #7
    Rift Team

It's a two-man Chronicle, but it can be solo'd if you out-gear it/have the right spec. There are also hard modes for the bosses, which mainly just ups their HP and damage output. The hard mode, however, will probably go live in 3.2.

There is a randomly spawning chest to search for, but like the bosses, it hasn't been itemized yet, so right now, it gives the same thing as the level 60 chest.

8.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #8
    Rift Team

Unfortunately, the setting allowing non-GM clients to enter the Chronicle still needs a build. I'll post again once PTS is updated.

9.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #9
    Rift Team

At last, it looks like the Chronicle is accessible on PTS, so hop on and let me know how it goes!

When you zone in, you'll notice four blue buttons. These will only exist on PTS. Each button gives a dimension item otherwise granted from achievements in the Chronicle. If you're a dimensioneer and want to try them out, let me know what you think.

Telaran

I just got done soloing it on PTS I never actually did the 10man on live but I had some ideas of the fights from watching some videos though. My gear is mainly all epic expert level armor with a T1 bow. For trash I used my solo bladedancer spec with some healing in it and for bosses I used my solo marksman spec with some heals in it also.

Some of the trash can hurt at times. The trash before Fin seemed to all agro when I tried to pull single packs. Would need to kite and kill one at a time to get them all.

Only had a quick look at the place since it's late. Solo, no hard modes tried. Gear about half expert, half raid. Mage, 61 Harbinger. Have done the raid version multiple times, so I'm somewhat familiar with the tactics.

I agree to squallff99, some of the trash can be challenging. If the place is supposed to be aimed at new level 60's, I'd say the damage should be reduced, what with all the debilitates, shields and whatnot they do.

Ungolok: I like this one!

Oonta & Weyloz: I just went and killed them. Damage got a bit high on Weyloz in the end since I didn't bother picking up any Syphoning Orbs at all, but still no problem at all. Was surprised they came one by one and didn't have that matching debuff mechanic from the raid. A bit disappointing and maybe slightly too tame.

Gromotro: He's missing the diamond icon thingy that identifies him as rare spawn.

Drekanoth: Seems to take quite long and also be somewhat tricky. Had some bad lag spikes here so I can't judge mechanics properly. But those adds certainly are a major pain in the rear quarters (there's just no way to avoid getting any adds at all when you're solo).
    "I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar!"
    -- Hoban Washburn

Telaran

I completed the chronicle solo using 61Ranger/12Sin/3NB. Stats are listed below.

Code:
    Health		69240
    Dex		5924
    Armor		55222
    Strength	3250
    Endurance	3404
    AP		9785
    Phys Crit	5756
    Hit		1000
    Crit Power	867
    The trash having healers was interesting. The pull before Ungolok was a doozy. As squallff99 stated, most of the trash on Finric pulls together.

Ungolok
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMHR9cRVBqA
    The time between pressure blasts seems right. Is the death of the captive terrors supposed to have an effect? Currently, it doesn’t.

Oonta and Weyloz
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQXaC8FwKXk
    Seemed to be nothing but a tank and spank. Siphoning orb did not do anything. I just burned them both down.

Drekanoth of Fate
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8jERco5m1E
    It is an interesting enough fight. Are the fires supposed to have an effect? I did not notice any.

Finric
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aq_HgfxhecM
    Another fun fight. I used the toxic vat but I don’t think it was necessary.
    Last edited by clymene; 01-13-2015 at 07:39 PM.

I went through Ungolok on hard mode(solo and duo using inquisitor). On hard mode his pressure burst seems to be hitting way too hard. Even with the cages, pressure burst was hitting for 80k+(in full expert gear from the box, I am at ~72k, and mixing tank gear+dps gear, I was at ~96k). I made it through one cycle of pressure burst, but I had to use tank gear in a dps spec.
    12/12 -- 15/15 -- 9/9
    Comet Of Ankhet -- 2/4HM
    Lethaemis@Laethys 1600 Primalist

I used 52 Druid/24Just/0Sham for trash packs and 61 Inq/8def/7just (my solo spec) for bosses.

SP: 13k
    SC: 5.3k
    CP: 1.6k

In Expert gear.

First up - I hope there's some kind of mechanic info clickable before each boss like you had in ID: Laethys/etc. Could really help with these cause I'm assuming most players doing the Chronicle won't have experienced the raid yet.
    ---------
    Trash Packs
    ---------
    These need to be heavily reduced. Having to change to druidicar is annoying, but some of the trash packs killed me when I'm not careful. The ones before Finric all pulled and they just tore me.

Having too many adds with debilitate/shield/healing can be annoying when soloing them. My druidicar has an interrupt and a sleep, but that's not enough - the healing/shielding lengthens the fights considerably.

Second trash pack at the start took me 2min and 30sec to kill in druidicar. I just die in my Inq solo spec whereas I don't have this problem in any other chronicle at time of release of those chronicles.

Tone down their abilities to longer casts if possible.

---------
    Ungolok:
    ---------
    Good fight. Enjoyed the different mechanics.
    I think for Normal Mode, Fatal Current should have its damage reduced - similar to other chronicles where missing a mechanic isn't immediately a death sentence for Normal Mode.

Perhaps a few more emotes could help players understand exactly what they're supposed to do. Like for the 'looking for death' one, not all players will get that you need to kill a mob before the channel ends.

---------
    Oonta and Weyloz:
    ---------
    Easy fight. Visual indicators might need to be more 'solid' since the red can blend in with the 'blue' snow below. Other than that, I hope players are used to hovering over buffs to read the tooltips.

---------
    Gormotro:
    ---------
    Gormotro is positioned pretty close to Drekanoth and you can aggro him if you try running to the portal next to him. I learnt the hard way that you need to pull him prior to Drekanoth - not sure if you want to move him or just leave it like that. It'll be a 'lesson learned' when players die to him during Drekanoth pull.

Easy rare mob. Just have to interrupt his heal.

---------
    Drekanoth of Fate:
    ---------
    Can be a hectic fight. Without runspeed abilities and some good rng, you can't get all the life motes - but I think that's okay - adds an extra level of difficulty having to avoid world eaters. Perhaps for the Normal Mode, reduce the no. of motes to 3.

The Scorching Light ability near the end can be a problem for those who don't realise what the hell it's supposed to mean. Raiders will know, but your average player will look at the AoE and just try to run out of it - and it doesn't cover the entire encounter area so that might be players' first response to this mechanic.

The pillar you're supposed to hide behind does have a vfx, but it can be covered up by the blue ground and World Eaterss poo. Perhaps an emote from a friendly NPC.

Overall a nice fight but a little on the hard side in Normal Mode for your average Chronicle-goer.

---------
    Finric:
    ---------
    Haven't done Finric yet. Unfortunately the trash pack prior was a huge pain in the *** and I just gave up after a few deaths.

Overall a nice dungeon with some interesting boss fights. Some heavy reduction to the potency of trash packs needs to be looked at since it's just not fun spending about the same amount of time as a boss fight killing a trash pack.

Quote Originally Posted by clymene View Post
    Oonta and Weyloz
    Seemed to be nothing but a tank and spank. Siphoning orb did not do anything. I just burned them both down.
    Siphoning Orb removes their outgoing dps stacks. It was working when I did the fight.
    Last edited by Jonus; 01-13-2015 at 09:48 PM.

Just a note on Gomotro, on my first go at this chronicle I thought he was part of the Drekanoth fight because he doesn't have a rare icon on his portrait. Only when I went to browse the achievements for the chronicle did I find out he was a rare.

As listed by Jonus, the trash is harder than some of the bosses. Too many abilities and two healers on the second pack at the door is just stupid. Spam debilitates is just as bad. I did eventually kill them but it took absolutely forever. They need some tuning.

Ungolok was a refreshing fight, one all about mechanics and less about just burning him. Really brought me back to my first times soloing 2 man chronicles.

Oonta and Weyloz are a weird combo to me, their mechanics make sense and don't make sense at the same time. It came down to me outhealing their DPS and mechanics. Did manage to take them down on my first try.

Currently stuck on Drekanoth cause I pulled Gomotro with him on my first try, see above. Going to try again then probably ragequit on this terrible Finric trash everyone is talking about.
    Niou Glitterdance - 70 The Silent
    Wikstrom Seihachi - 6- The Relentless
    -= Faeblight =-

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast