+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: January 2015 Update(s) to the PTS

Default January 2015 Update(s) to the PTS

[February 2015 Update(s) can be found here]

January 2015 Update(s) to the PTS. I'll be editing this post with all the patch changes.

Updated to: Jan 26-27th 2015
    TEST-301-26-B-977140 & TEST-301-27-A-977658
    Size: ~200MB + 140MB.
    Briefly:
    • New Currency Caps. VS: 47k, ACM: 20k for Patrons. For Non-Patrons: VS: 45k, ACM: Unknown, probably 17.5k. (anyone a non-Patron on PTS can confirm please?)
    • Cost reduction for World and Dungeon gear. Heavy reductions.
    • New Wardrobe Bundles: Flamebound Steel, Earthbound Steel and Seabound Steel Bundles. There's also a Riding Bundle on the RIFT Store -> Wardrobe.
    • As Slipmat mentioned above, there's new PUMPKIN and Crucia achieves, including Hard Mode Crucia. Some interesting mechanics just from reading the achievement text.
    • Minion Time Display. Your current adventures now display what time the adventure taken was (i.e. 5min, 15min, 8hr, 10hr/etc) as well as time remaining.
    • Greater Essence Upgrade Cost Reduction. As snipebad mentioned before, Greater Essence drops from Raid Rifts are getting an Illusory Motes cost upgrade.

Updated to: Jan 22nd-23rd 2015
    TEST-301-23-A-976042 & TEST-301-24-A-976582
    Size: ~850MB + 250MB.
    Briefly:
    • Rogue and Warrior Class Changes - Marksman, Reaver and Tempest Soul Changes. (Thanks to snipebad, haybale and ttlyevil for the info!)
    • Some new Achievements. Main difference is the removal of all The Yrlwalach fail achieves for Mount Sharax - all turning to Legacy.
    • Chronicle dailies now reward 50-60 Abyssal Crusader's Marks. (Thanks to Arione@Brutwacht for the info!)
    • Transcendent Chests have had their stats adjusted. (Thanks to Arione@Brutwacht for the info!)
    • Ghar Essence Upgrades have had a significant cost reduction - this includes NMR3-unlocked and Decorated Ghar Essences.
    • Artifact Tracking Vial changes that Dead Simon mentioned earlier this week have gone in.
    • Planar Squirrel Mounts are available in the Trophy section for Credits for those who have unlocked the appropriate achievements (from purchasing a mount with Planar Nuts).
    • The Molten Thresher Supply Crate is up on the PTS under RIFT Store -> Chests & Keys.
    • Tyrant's Throne NPC voiceover files datamined. Download here.
    • Tyrant's Forge Map datamined. It uses Tyrant's Throne.
    • Datamined a 'Nightmare Tree' skin that is possibly used in the Lord Arak Raid.

Updated to: Jan 19th 2015
    TEST-301-21-A-974884
    Size: ~190MB.
    Briefly:
    • New Achievements: Tyrant's Throne has a "Jumping Through Hoops" where you...jump through hoops between Goboro Reef and Tyrant's Throne. Also a 'conqueror'-like achievement for completing all achieves with title "the Tyrant".
    • Two new Chronicle dailies - one in Chronicle: Rhen of Fate for killing bosses in hard mode and the other is a general Level 65 chronicle daily that rotates between the level 65 chronicles. (Thanks to Slipmat for the info!)
    • C1-0N3 minion card now has a preview. Starts with 12 stamina so probably maxes to 30.

Updated to: Jan 15-16th 2015
    TEST-301-18-A-974086 & TEST-301-19-A-974403
    Size: ~120MB & 350MB.
    Briefly:
    • More Class Changes: Nightblade Enhanced Weapon Enchantments reduction; Bard range fix; Further Reaver changes.
    • Essence Changes: NMR5-unlocked Ghar Notoriety Essences have had their upgrade cost heavily reduced and each essence has had stat adjustments; some stats reduced, others increased. Full list of changes here.
    • New Zone Events: Several new zone events are coming up and the recent playtest showed them off.
    • New Dimension Items: A Bank access item and Level 67 practice dummies.
    • Molten Thresher Mount spotted on PTS. No idea how or when you'll be able to obtain one on Live.
    • Other misc. information including map adjustments, Chronicle: Rhen of Fate updates and some vfx for Lord Arak Raid and Tyrant's Forge.

Updated to: Jan 14th 2015
    TEST-301-17-A-973680
    Size: ~400MB.
    Briefly:
    • Various Class Changes: Rogue Bard + Nightblade + Masteries; Warrior Reaver; Mage Necromancer changes.
    • Tyrant's Throne Updates: Now on main map + Loading Screens including a preview of Mecha Crucia.
    • Armored Shark Colossus model that could potentially be 'Johan', one of the bosses in Tyrant's Forge.
    • Various datamined skins, mainly pertaining to Tyrant's Forge architecture. There's a new Crucia cape.
    • A single Storm Legion BGM loop.

Updated to: Jan 13th 2015
    TEST-301-16-A-973357
    Size: ~900MB+.
    Briefly: PTS Update Information
    • Tyrant's Throne - the island coming with 3.1 - has now been populated with NPCs and various story, side and daily quests. There's also a porticulum at (6107, 9110).
    • Chronicle: Rhen of Fate is now up for testing, including Hard Modes (click on the red orbs prior to bosses for Hard Mode). It can be found in the Chronicles window (default key 'j').
    • Dimension item rewards for the chronicle are available by clicking the blue orbs right next to the entrance portal in the chronicle. They will be added to your inventory.
    • Intrepid Chronicles have been updated for Level 65. That's GSB, HK and ROS.
    • Dimension Edit/Ban List buttons now work.
    Briefly: PTS Datamining Info:
    • Cyborg Models. - Various props for Crucia's Tyrant's Forge raid.
    • Archlight Rider Mount Model in datamined files.
    • Lord Arak’s Raid Models. There's a new raid called "Lord Arak Raid" that doesn't seem to be connected to Tyrant's Forge. This could be a future Tier 2 raid. Various locations and models including 'End to Reason' and 'Heart of Darkness'. There's also two skins that are probably related to the raid.
    • Other Models: Johan’s Anchor; Draumheim Ship; More Oculons; Dark Genesis, Mecha Crucia and another robot skeleton rig.
    • Datamined Skins. A few datamined skins including a Nightmare Statue; Nightmare Staff; Ape Man mob; Mechs; and a Draumheim Ship skin.
    • Music Files: Insanity Event Song; Sirens + various sfx.

Updated to: Jan 11th 2015
    TEST-301-12-A-972286
    Size: ~86MB.
    Briefly:
    • Minor update - Arc(h)light Rider Promo Week Achievements and Lockbox added.

Updated to: Jan 7th-8th 2015
    TEST-301-8-A-971388 & TEST-301-11-A-972000
    Size: ~90MB + 65MB.
    Briefly:
    • New Hard Mode Achievements for Chronicle: The Rhen of Fate including an interactive or animated dimension item reward.
    • Large Mage Necromancer changes that Kervik previously announced.
    • Omicron Building and Elevator/Lift models for Tyrant's Throne.
    • 'Mecha Dragon' models that are likely used for some kind of mechanical or cyborg version of Crucia's dragon form.
    • And other likely Storm Legion-related architecture skins.

Updated to: Jan 2nd 2015
    TEST-301-7-A-970924
    Size: ~2GB
    Briefly: PTS Update Information
    • Minion Additions: Shuffling Adventures, Stamina Recharge and Flavor Text additions.
    • New Achievements for Tyrant's Forge raid, Chronicle: Rhen of Fate, new zone events, Minion achievements and Fishing achievements. There's also an additional 'secret loot' achievement for Iron Tomb that gives you bonus loot.
    • Three new Planar Attunements: Dust, Dusk and Steam with updated Nightmare Tide PA consumables.
    • The Crafting window now has a 'Favorites' tab.
    • Tyrant's Throne, the new island slated for Patch 3.1 is now up at (6271, 9093). You'll have to swim there for now. Heavily WIP with no NPCs, missing textures and lots of barren land.
    • Portrait Frame change is now via right-clicking your portrait rather than in Settings.
    • Dimensions Permissions now has a new 'Special' column that you can edit as well as a Ban List that you can edit. Currently WIP so the buttons aren't working right now.
    Briefly: Datamining Information
    • Possible 'levitate' and 'disc'-based mounts based on character configuration files. Probably not named that way though.
    • A few Rifts-based thumbnails for the various Planes.
    • A skin that is probably a Storm Legion armor, mob or mount. It's metallic with purple glows. Could potentially be a metallic Crucia (like a Cyborg Frieza).
    • A 'grass' costume. Like some Atragarian version of a Hawaiian grass skirt outfit.
    • New PvP Warfront icons likely added to Warfront Scoreboard for some new objective-based categories.
    • "Heroic Text" screen message and some Gender buttons. No clue what they are for.
    Last edited by Jonus; 02-02-2015 at 03:51 PM.

General of Telara

The new PA cap increase is in. It is 3 new trees and 150 points to fill all of them. Like the last 3 trees added, the new ones also require max pa in the original trees. The new trees have everything you would expect them to have- 3.0 level consumes and stats. As a cleric I can now get the glove enchant to gloves that adds 30end- this was only available to non casters before I think.

They added new features to the crafting windows that I like a lot. You can fill a check box next to all your favorite recipes and they are added to a new separate Favorites crafting book found in your dropdown list.
    Last edited by Accol; 01-02-2015 at 05:36 PM.

3.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #3

New dimension permissions is still a work in progress and is not yet functioning.

Attempt to change your player portrait...where did it go?! ;)

Full details on all the UI changes for 3.1 will be coming soon to a blog post on the website.
    Last edited by Gingers; 01-02-2015 at 05:44 PM.

That's awesome news. PA increase! Can't wait to replace my Flaring Sigil for open world content!

Crafting window UI favorites is also much-requested and glad they're bringing that in. Hope they eventually get to putting a search bar and favorites for Titles/Mounts/Pets as well.

RIFT Fan Site Operator Feendish's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gingers View Post
    New dimension permissions is still a work in progress and is not yet functioning.
    OMG. If this can get fixed, I will be your biggest fan!
    Dimensions on Greybriar and Zaviel

Baradara@Greybriar

Default Is it just a dream?

After the arriving of the Ascended at Omicron Harbor(6015,8799) they will find an island of the Storm Legion-Crucia`s hideout.
    Defend the inhabitants of the island against the Storm Legion and their evil creatures.

Upon entering the Tyrant`s Forge you will have to Crucia`s troops, generals and evil creations only Fate will now which challenges lies on the way to the top of the Tyrantīs Forge.
    Can the Ascended stop Crucia or it is just another trap from her?

Disclaimer: Everything could change and not be true....I don`t have control over moving islands :P

The Cave of Infinity awaits you?
    Prof. Akylios passenger of the Choo Choo train
    Member of the Cosmic Flame Trooper Squad
    Ex-Beidl of <Transcendent>

@Soulshield - Thanks for the info! Did you get that from a questgiver or just swimming over there?

Quote Originally Posted by Jonus View Post
    @Soulshield - Thanks for the info! Did you get that from a questgiver or just swimming over there?
    Someone in lv65 chat on pts told something about Omicron Harbor and I asked him about it...seems that he swam over there...found no npc, but I would guess you will have a npc at Port Scuddra who takes you there later.

By the placeholders I would say that the Tyrant`s Forge is 10 man sliver with "climbing up" the island to get to the top with the last boss of the instance.

P.S. Would be epic if there would be underwater Volans(they paid credits for the underwater training) around the Island xD
    Last edited by Soulshield; 01-03-2015 at 12:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulshield View Post
    By the placeholders I would say that the Tyrant`s Forge is 10 man sliver with "climbing up" the island to get to the top with the last boss of the instance.
    TF should be a 20m if I'm not mistaken.

Quote Originally Posted by Sedvick View Post
    TF should be a 20m if I'm not mistaken.
    I don`t know at the moment it has the same achivements as RoF...from SL you could say this says it will be a 10 man, but also could be a hint that it will have 4 bosses and the achievement numbers are more likely to RoF than MS ^^

Someone in lv65 chat on pts told something about Omicron Harbor and I asked him about it...seems that he swam over there...found no npc, but I would guess you will have a npc at Port Scuddra who takes you there later.

P.S. Would be epic if there would be underwater Volans(they paid credits for the underwater training) around the Island xD
    I see. Yea, there's no NPCs except one placeholder one (probably for size comparison; saw it before used during Nightmare Tide beta). Port Scuddra certainly makes sense.

I can also see Tyrant's Forge starting off somewhere close to those weird 'water hole structures' at The Storm Cage. That said, if this is a 20-man it might just begin at the main building entrance at Queen's Crucible since 20-man's usually don't re-use open world areas but are instead inside buildings/caves that you can't access in the open world.

As for Volan - there's a new "Insight Into Madness" zone event achieve under Planes -> Water called "Complete the 'Leviathan' zone event in Goboro Reef".

Trion mentioned this Leviathan a few times and a twitter post back in July said:
    "The skelf originally hail from the Komoho ocean, they are pilots to a leviathan avatar of Draum".
    https://twitter.com/Riftgame/status/485090705992212482

I'm hoping this boss is pretty big or has multiple phases to it; although I doubt it would be on the level of Volan since MikeD mentioned they weren't going to do another Volan.

I don`t know at the moment it has the same achivements as RoF...from SL you could say this says it will be a 10 man, but also could be a hint that it will have 4 bosses and the achievement numbers are more likely to RoF than MS ^^
    The current achievements listed are only for 1 boss. It is going to be a 20m.
    Last edited by Sedvick; 01-03-2015 at 01:07 AM.

Yep, so far the achievements for the new 20-man just list one boss, Johan, who has eight ones alone for him

http://i.imgur.com/ehMeuHh.jpg

Also up are the achievements for the new Chronicle, Rhen of Fate, unfortunately they are just a copy and paste of the achievements from the 10-man Sliver version, apart from killing the rare spawn.

http://i.imgur.com/XNNll20.jpg

Telaran

Cool

ĎCause Iím on top of the world, Ďay
    Iím on top of the world, Ďay

January 2015 Update(s) to the PTS-2015-01-03_122625_750.jpg

Waiting on this for a while now
    Been dreaming of this since a child

January 2015 Update(s) to the PTS-2015-01-03_122939_750.jpg

Iím on top of the world.

January 2015 Update(s) to the PTS-2015-01-03_122816_750.jpg

+ Reply to Thread