+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Draumhein

Soulwalker

Default Draumhein

What do you think about this quests zone? Personally the first zone was rather nice but that was the cold shower with this second zone. Repetitive quests and most are openly boring.

For the history quest "Walkabout father" 2 items can't be found 'Jaunty hat' and 'Red Starfish'. They must be really well hidden...

There is also an imbalance on the damage of some pnj in the city

Rift Disciple

Red Starfish is there.

Spoiler!
    Last edited by dotSilver; 10-13-2014 at 04:17 AM.

I can finally stop looking for that stupid Red Starfish!!!

Soulwalker

Thanks for the starfich ^^

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Verii View Post
    What do you think about this quests zone? Personally the first zone was rather nice but that was the cold shower with this second zone. Repetitive quests and most are openly boring.

For the history quest "Walkabout father" 2 items can't be found 'Jaunty hat' and 'Red Starfish'. They must be really well hidden...

There is also an imbalance on the damage of some pnj in the city
    Draumheim has the best questing that Rift has ever done. I'm not kidding. You are judging the zone by the first few quests. Trust me, it gets much much better.
    Planar Breach Support Open World PVP and PVE!
    Sourcewell and PVP Rift Objective Based PVP A more resource efficient way of adding Open World Objective based PVP!
    Ember Isle Open World Style PVP Repurposing Lets do something with this amazing zone!

Shadowlander

The red starfish has been moved or there are multiple spawn locations.

For me, on Oct 14, it was sitting on top of the cushion on one of the chairs.

Quote Originally Posted by Khelendross View Post
    Draumheim has the best questing that Rift has ever done. I'm not kidding. You are judging the zone by the first few quests. Trust me, it gets much much better.
    whole heartedly agreed! OMG, if you love lore you will love Draumheim.
    Xenohart
    http://www.fractureguild.enjin.com/ | twitch.tv/xenohartgaming
    4/4 TDQ | 4/4 FT | 5/5 EE | 4/4 GA | 3/3 IG | 4/5 PB | 2/4 BOB 4/4 minis
    I just make it look easy sometimes. ~Daglar

8.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #8

I may or may not move all those items around in the room randomly if I have a spare moment post launch.

Quote Originally Posted by captaincursor View Post
    I may or may not move all those items around in the room randomly if I have a spare moment post launch.
    *giggle* Love it!
    People who circumscribe their lives to conform to the narrow expectations of others get exactly what they deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by Khelendross View Post
    First impressions exist for a reason. If we were to compare a zone's quest-line as book in a series(which is actually an apt interpretation of zones in MMOs), the opening chapters should serve as a hook to obtain interest for the later chapters. While I can't speak personally about how the zone's quests are since I haven't touched the PTS; if the first few quests are completely lackluster while the later parts of the line are fantastic, those first quests really should be reexamined and perhaps reworked.

Quote Originally Posted by captaincursor View Post
    So can I assume that you guys made quest items instanced to a player meaning they don't have to fight for them and/or got the collecting of said items to count for nearby party members? I mean, I can't otherwise understand why a developer would think that increasing the tedium of an already tedious type of quest an acceptable use of their time.

Soulwalker

I finished the zone and actually it ends better than it began. It is a pity the beginning is so little interesting.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Verii View Post
    I finished the zone and actually it ends better than it began. It is a pity the beginning is so little interesting.
    I've only done most of the beginning, not sure what's boring about offering up ransom money to a seacap, collecting crab socks, talking to seaweed, milking demons, and helping out a wooden cart deathly afraid of bees.

Shadowlander

The sound effects on the Udder Demons... *shakes head* *shudders*

Shadowlander

Default Im wondering if the quest is bugged.

I cant find the creepy baby mannequin, or the jaunty hat - even though according to my map meter Im standing right on top of the jaunty hat. anyone else run into this issue?

For me all the pieces were there except the jaunty hat, which is then announced after finding the second-last piece (there is no jaunty hat) and results in a folow-up quest.
    Last edited by Linolea; 10-24-2014 at 07:04 PM.
    De techniek staat voor niets
    **Rift Video Compendium**<---this be old and dates back to alpha

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast