+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Nightmare Rifts on PTS

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #1

Default Nightmare Rifts on PTS

Nightmare rifts are now available on PTS for everyone (you don't need beta access). You can buy lures from the Rift store and open them in Mathosia or Storm Legion zones. Only tier 1 and 2 Nightmare rifts can be opened outside of the Plane of Water.

There are some questgivers at the Wreck of the Endeavor (between Silverwood and Freemarch).

It would be great to get some feedback on how far you're able to get, any bugs you experience, or anything at all. Thanks!
    Last edited by MikeD; 09-28-2014 at 06:56 AM. Reason: Removed Shores of Terror, since up-mentoring to 65 is beta-only

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by MikeD View Post
    It currently up-mentors to 65, so I'm not sure if it will work with non-beta players.

It would be great to get some feedback on how far you're able to get, any bugs you experience, or anything at all. Thanks!
    It does not mentor up to 65 if you do not have Beta access. I got slaughtered. But, I opened a Nightmare Lure 1 in Freemarch. We got it to 102. Be sure to mentor down, it seems to gimp higher levels worse than if you were to mentor down. (Unless, it auto-mentors your stats [but, not level number under the portrait] to the Rift level).

On a side note.. Beta access would be much-welcome to test out the rest..
    Last edited by rhaegys; 09-27-2014 at 06:08 PM.

Plane Touched

would be 100% surprised if the informal open beta doesn't start before this coming Friday.

Rift Disciple

Auto level people to 65 if you can pls. If you need players to test things because they like to have fun and see new stuff make sure they can actually do it. Im updating my pts to try these out, but it would be nice to be able to do them at the level required. cmon Mike.. be a Dev and Dev it !

Rift Disciple

same as others have posted, went in at 60. did not get mentor'd up. got wrecked. if only i could test it at 65 =)

Rift Disciple

Yeah, beta access would be wonderful since the rifts dont auto mentor you to 65 and you simply get killed by the assassin mobs. Also "you must own rift:storm legion to enter this map" when using the portal from shores of terror to get back to telara even though i have storm legion access.
    Last edited by goia402; 09-27-2014 at 11:09 PM.

Telaran

You don't need to be lvl 65 to do the rifts. Just buy the one that doesn't open in that zone and use them in any lvl 60 zone.

I was able to get to around stage 27 on my lvl 60 toon. It really starts to screw you over once u get a stage when the 2 mobs are ranged and you cant aoe them both. The other suck stage is the one where you need to kill 14 of the flying jellyfish. I use a solo bladedancer melee spec which has a hard time hitting the flying jelly. They usually put you right in combat too so i need to run far out to change spec into range, while wasting a minute doing so.
    Last edited by squallff99; 09-28-2014 at 03:47 AM.

Opened a Nightmare rift at silverwood at a level 9 tear. I mentored to level 10
    First stages was very easy i one shoted most mobs , after level 20+ mobs was getting harder and harder. Boss mechanics was fun. I stopped at level 52 cause i had to log out.
    Nice experience overall. will have tons of fun farming them alone or with a huge raid to push levels more and more
    Last edited by simpa1988; 09-28-2014 at 04:27 AM.

Shadowlander

Did a few solo 60's in Ashora, few things came to mind:

Multiple ranged mobs definitely make stages much more challenging. For solo, it just means aoe specs won't do as well, but as a Riftstalker main, I am beginning to dread what higher levels will look like in a group without the ability to ranged pull mobs into a group.

It was unclear to me what the bonuses actually did, and it would be nice to get some indication from the messages. Do they let you skip levels? Give bonus time on next level? More xp/rewards?

The large purple aoe that sucks you into it center is a bit overtuned damage-wise for the lower levels (was ticking for about 15-20% of my health in mostly t2 raid dps gear). Twice I failed a rift earlier than I should because one spawned on a ranged mob that wouldnt follow me out of the aoe.

The rewards for completing the rifts seem a bit small. This could be because it is expected that the good stuff is in the higher levels that can only be accessible in a group, but this might discourage people from doing any solo. All I got of note from the rifts I cleared was Void Stones and a crafting component that could be bought from the rift store for a very small amount of planarite.

Quote Originally Posted by squallff99 View Post
    The other suck stage is the one where you need to kill 14 of the flying jellyfish.
    Yep, that one was a show-stopper for me as Harbinger, too. I did manage to get past it, but only by the skin of my teeth. Melee specs are at a clear disadvantage here.

It's going to be interesting to see how the farming pugs that'll inevitably pop up quite soon will fare on these rifts. If nightmare rifts scale in difficulty with player numbers anything like hunt rifts do, there's going to be a lot of whining about groups failing at early stages. A group can easily carry a couple of slackers through a hunt rift, but with the rather tight stage timers on nightmare rifts, players who are not carrying their weight will severely limit the group's success.
    "I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar!"
    -- Hoban Washburn

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Doubledge View Post
    The large purple aoe that sucks you into it center is a bit overtuned damage-wise for the lower levels (was ticking for about 15-20% of my health in mostly t2 raid dps gear). Twice I failed a rift earlier than I should because one spawned on a ranged mob that wouldnt follow me out of the aoe.

The rewards for completing the rifts seem a bit small. This could be because it is expected that the good stuff is in the higher levels that can only be accessible in a group, but this might discourage people from doing any solo. All I got of note from the rifts I cleared was Void Stones and a crafting component that could be bought from the rift store for a very small amount of planarite.
    To answer the top part that part is just about right. On pts at level 65 there doing about 8k a tick which is about 15% of my total life in the expert set which is on par with what you got.

Secondly yeah when doing testing with people on the pts at level 65 you really dont start getting the bigger rewards till you get to 80ish area and also requires a group by that point.

I have been able to get to level 62 solo but alot harder then i thought it would be.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Doubledge View Post
    Did a few solo 60's in Ashora, few things came to mind:

Multiple ranged mobs definitely make stages much more challenging. For solo, it just means aoe specs won't do as well, but as a Riftstalker main, I am beginning to dread what higher levels will look like in a group without the ability to ranged pull mobs into a group.

It was unclear to me what the bonuses actually did, and it would be nice to get some indication from the messages. Do they let you skip levels? Give bonus time on next level? More xp/rewards?

They aren't fully itemized yet. The currency is in but the chests and bosses aren't fully itemized (this is just based on what Mike had told me).

They are supposed to award a essence every 40 stages after stage 80 though. Dunno if thats in, but since the flavor text was changed to say it, I figured it might be.

I love the jelly fish stage but I think that one should spawn some of the stronghold platforms so melee can jump up and suck the jellies over.

I think the Dragons should have more mechanics and drop more loot than the normal bosses. Kinda like mega bosses so to speak.
    Last edited by Khelendross; 09-28-2014 at 12:45 PM.
    Planar Breach Support Open World PVP and PVE!
    Sourcewell and PVP Rift Objective Based PVP A more resource efficient way of adding Open World Objective based PVP!
    Ember Isle Open World Style PVP Repurposing Lets do something with this amazing zone!

Champion of Telara

From the one I did solo the other night and with Khelendross's group last night it would be nice if there were some time given (5-6s) to allow for role swaps, particularly when someone is soloing.

Ascendant

Got to stage 300 (some people kept going, not sure what the final tally was).

Obviously the scaling is not working (I was mentored to level 15 doing a level 11 NM rift iirc).

There was between 10 and 15 of us iirc.

One thing. I like that the chests scale, but once you hit stage 250 it should be relic chests not epic.

As noted there is no gear yet, not even the essences mentioned that drop after stage 80.

The boss who does the insanity bubbles, the bubbles didn't seem to protect you from damage, at least not reliably so. Thats about the only actual bug I noticed. Oh and we had an Akylios that was floating dead in air for about an hour, at some point he did finally disappear.

I agree about a 5 second buffer timer to switch roles would be nice, especially if you can't do platforms to make the jellyfish stage melee friendly.
    Last edited by Khelendross; 09-29-2014 at 06:50 AM.
    Planar Breach Support Open World PVP and PVE!
    Sourcewell and PVP Rift Objective Based PVP A more resource efficient way of adding Open World Objective based PVP!
    Ember Isle Open World Style PVP Repurposing Lets do something with this amazing zone!

Quote Originally Posted by Khelendross View Post
    The boss who does the insanity bubbles, the bubbles didn't seem to protect you from damage, at least not reliably so. Thats about the only actual bug I noticed. Oh and we had an Akylios that was floating dead in air for about an hour, at some point he did finally disappear.
    Got this boss too, pretty hard to solo (on the first try at least). You don't know beforehand if you have to go get negative or positive charge, so if the closest negative and positive are far from each other you can be screwed, especially since the bubble takes some time to give you the immunity buff.
    <Apotheosys>@Typhiria
    World First 5-man Easy Mode 1/4 GP

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast