+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree42Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Minion system change today

Any benefit of being a patron player towards the Minions system? ie: extra slot, faster stamina regen, anything?

Soulwalker

Default No patron benefit at this time

Quote Originally Posted by snipebad View Post
    Any benefit of being a patron player towards the Minions system? ie: extra slot, faster stamina regen, anything?
    I'm a patron and can confirm that at this time there seems to be no benefit that I can discern. Which brings up a good point. I think patrons, which spend thousands of credits per month of game time, should get a free hurry feature and free 10 hr mission cost (credit wise).

Now that will keep me buying patron status every months if I can level my minions without spending credits.

To address an early reply from the Devs, i should have said there's no way to level my minions at will at the pace I want (a.k.a "my way") without spending credits (real money). There should be a way to play my minions, all my minions are at zero endurance every day without the need to spend real money.

Implement that and I'll play the minion system on live. Leave it credits only and it's just a blatant money grab. We'll have to see how the "minion currency" works out. If the money accrued from missions doesn't let me play all my minions endurance every day it's just a paywall by another name / color.

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    We are adding an alternate way to hurry that involves playing the game. We deemed platinum to not be a good gate for this.
    I'm curious about this position, given that one of the stated goals of the AH changes was to remove platinum. This looks like it would be a perfectly fine plat sink. It seems like y'all are going out of your way to avoid adding new ways to spend plat.
    What I've Learned:
    1. Never ask a woman when the baby is due.
    2. Never, never tell a woman she looks good for her age.
    3. And most importantly, never, never, NEVER answer the question "Honey do these jeans make my butt look big?" with " It's not the jeans..."

Quote Originally Posted by Dylbert View Post
    I'm curious about this position, given that one of the stated goals of the AH changes was to remove platinum. This looks like it would be a perfectly fine plat sink. It seems like y'all are going out of your way to avoid adding new ways to spend plat.
    Although i believe it could be a good plat sink. I am also in favor of the new currency

General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Dockerz View Post
    I'm a patron and can confirm that at this time there seems to be no benefit that I can discern. Which brings up a good point. I think patrons, which spend thousands of credits per month of game time, should get a free hurry feature and free 10 hr mission cost (credit wise).

Now that will keep me buying patron status every months if I can level my minions without spending credits.

To address an early reply from the Devs, i should have said there's no way to level my minions at will at the pace I want (a.k.a "my way") without spending credits (real money). There should be a way to play my minions, all my minions are at zero endurance every day without the need to spend real money.

Implement that and I'll play the minion system on live. Leave it credits only and it's just a blatant money grab. We'll have to see how the "minion currency" works out. If the money accrued from missions doesn't let me play all my minions endurance every day it's just a paywall by another name / color.
    Considering there should be hundreds of minions I don't think Trion wants any reasonable way to use every minion's full stamina every day. This would mean hundreds of 10h adventures a day from just one person, adding a massive amount of crafting mats and dim items into the world.

I think stamina is more in place to limit you from using the same minion for most of your adventures and not a resource to limit the total number of adventures you can do in one day.

As far as leveling minions go unless you are trying to level 20+ minions at a time I don't think credits will help you much. Keep in mind that stamina is regaining on the pts 25 times faster than it will on live and you'll only need to send a minion on 10-20 1m adventures a day to keep them at 0 stamina. There is no way to buy more stamina atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Snedhepl View Post
    Hi there! I'm the engineer behind minions and thought I'd touch on a couple points you raised. I'm not going to touch on everything you spoke about (a lot of your concerns are game design related rather than technical) but I did want to give you some info.

You said:

This is not actually true. The shorter quests give better experience, on a per minute basis than the longer quests. This is a perfectly reasonable and credit-free method to level up your minions.

I also wish to confirm what someone else brought up: The more time you spend waiting for a quest to complete, the cheaper the cost is to hurry.

And of course the standard disclaimer: We're testing, numbers are going to change, possibly a little, possibly a lot. Don't get attached to anything.
    Snedhepl I was wondering if you would consider using the mobile app to send minions on missions. No only would this bring a lease of life into the mobile app which seems unused unless the season world events are on but could be a great way to play a part of rift on mobile.
    Mickdayblind NA Defiant

7.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #37
    Rift Team

I'll consider it and bring it up with folks here! I can give absolutely no guarantees on when or if you'll see it however. As an engineer unless I'm doing something in my off time, I can't dictate the priorities of tasks. I do genuinely like the idea though.

Quote Originally Posted by MickNico View Post
    Snedhepl I was wondering if you would consider using the mobile app to send minions on missions. No only would this bring a lease of life into the mobile app which seems unused unless the season world events are on but could be a great way to play a part of rift on mobile.

I'll consider it and bring it up with folks here! I can give absolutely no guarantees on when or if you'll see it however. As an engineer unless I'm doing something in my off time, I can't dictate the priorities of tasks. I do genuinely like the idea though.
    If you decide to make these rewards from the app, could Trion finally look into making a Windows Phone app? I know it is a small market, but the WP platform has vastly improved from what it used to be and can incorporate with your Windows 8/8.1 PC, which is why I went with it. I've talked to many semi-hardcore raiders/grinders, some of which are guild members, and they wish there would be an app made available to those devices that do use WP.

Please, please, please, PLEASE bring this up with the other developers if you do decide to implement this into the currents apps for Apple and Android.

I love my Nokia phone. It is on par with the current iPhone 6 as far as specs and is two years old. Q_________Q
    Mirandiral@Greybriar
    Archon by trade. Live archon, learn archon, love archon!
    RoF 4/4, MS 5/5, TF 2/3

Soulwalker

To me this would seem a perfect reward for a Patron (and or small charge' to activate for a week).

Allow Patron (or paid-for-time) access to minions via Mobile App (and/or website), its not a lot, but it would give me SOMETHING to do, when I am not at a computer I can actually log into game.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3