+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 3.0 System Spec

Default 3.0 System Spec

A good question via my YouTube.

Can anyone say if there will be an increase in the system requirements, both min and req, for 3.0?
    Intim @ Zaviel EU
    Twitch Channel ,YouTube,Twitter

Yeah.

Instead of an Easy Bake Oven, you can use a regular Toaster Oven.

Shield of Telara

So, you can sum it up as the game is still terribly coded, regardless of the optimizations put in place by the dev team over the years? I mean, 15% of 25 is just shy of 4 fps. One day, you'll be able to play at a frequency that matches your monitor. #TheDreamIsReal.

Quote Originally Posted by Scaramuccia View Post
    So, you can sum it up as the game is still terribly coded, regardless of the optimizations put in place by the dev team over the years? I mean, 15% of 25 is just shy of 4 fps. One day, you'll be able to play at a frequency that matches your monitor. #TheDreamIsReal.
    After upgrading my CPU, video card and doubling my memory.... tweeking my rift.cfg file from suggestions from a dozen posts... tuning my graphics up and down the scale...

I've about give up on being able to run rift with good FPS (60 or better). The game engine is the bottleneck as I see it and won't change unless they do a major revamp. And I really don't see that happening because of all the work it would take to re-code everything for a more up to date engine.

Until then I'll have to tolerate 25 FPS in TB and slightly more in the open world. If I could tolerate WoW I would go back but I'm too addicted to Rift now. **heavy sigh**

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by lvj999 View Post
    After upgrading my CPU, video card and doubling my memory.... tweeking my rift.cfg file from suggestions from a dozen posts... tuning my graphics up and down the scale...

I've about give up on being able to run rift with good FPS (60 or better). The game engine is the bottleneck as I see it and won't change unless they do a major revamp. And I really don't see that happening because of all the work it would take to re-code everything for a more up to date engine.

Until then I'll have to tolerate 25 FPS in TB and slightly more in the open world. If I could tolerate WoW I would go back but I'm too addicted to Rift now. **heavy sigh**
    If you built a PC for running Rift and you can't run with everything max at 60 then you are doing something wrong in your build.

I get about 80 fps in the world when not streaming, 60 when I am. 60 in Tempest Bay and 45-48 when streaming in Tempest Bay. And this whole build was about 1300 bucks.
    Planar Breach Support Open World PVP and PVE!
    Sourcewell and PVP Rift Objective Based PVP A more resource efficient way of adding Open World Objective based PVP!
    Ember Isle Open World Style PVP Repurposing Lets do something with this amazing zone!

Quote Originally Posted by Khelendross View Post
    If you built a PC for running Rift and you can't run with everything max at 60 then you are doing something wrong in your build.

I get about 80 fps in the world when not streaming, 60 when I am. 60 in Tempest Bay and 45-48 when streaming in Tempest Bay. And this whole build was about 1300 bucks.
    Could you maybe post some specs about your build? I'm not actually 'building' a PC for rift, just trying to improve upon a 5 yr old rig I have to make it more tolerable. I do, however, plan on eventually gathering the components to build a 'Rift Rig' and would be interested in what you did.

My older Win 7 desktop seems to be running it great (even with High Graphics and shadows enabled). Since I'm on my Win 8.1 laptop that doesn't run it very well, I don't have the specs, but it is nothing fancy.
    Beware the Penguin...

I hope they correct the system requirement.

They've added a few more settings for Shadows on PTS so you can choose between about 5 different levels all the way up to Ultra.

Now this is in the end zone, Tarken Glacier, not sure does your PC have to work harder or slacker but I believe i read somewhere rendering all the snowstorm effects and less draw distances actually taxes your system more?

Anyhow, nearly everything maxed out, runs over 110 FPS in some areas, never drops below 80 FPS but of course, this is PTS with hardly anyone else around

http://i.imgur.com/j8FROc6.jpg

In case you're wondering, it's always better to control Anisotropic Filtering from the Nvidia Control Panel and override the Games settings.

Prophet of Telara

But will CQ still bring the lag when it inevitably gets re-enabled?

I don't have any graphical lag issues in this game at all and I run max settings. When others were having trouble with (e.g.) lava/fire in Laethys, mine was just fine. The ONLY place and time I get horrendous graphical lag issues is a busy CQ e.g. at Eye for chest. Then, well, I might as well go make a cup of tea while I wait for the screen to refresh even once.
    I will not delete my characters for an unwated server merge.

Ascendant

Could you maybe post some specs about your build? I'm not actually 'building' a PC for rift, just trying to improve upon a 5 yr old rig I have to make it more tolerable. I do, however, plan on eventually gathering the components to build a 'Rift Rig' and would be interested in what you did.
    I have a Intel 4770K, but the new Devils Canyon processor is like 10 bucks more and can clock even higher (up to 4.5 easily) and Rift is insanely CPU dependant. It also heavily favors Intel.

Ram wise you want 16 imo and good ram will just give you a better experience. I got Patriot V series RAM.

A SSD for your main games and OS is a strong recommendation. The Samsung 840 EVO is best but you can get a good one from Crucial sometimes for less. 250 should be more than enough. You can get a 1TB spin drive for dirt cheap to store everything else.

Good cooling is important if you are overclocking (which helps rift alot). I recommend the Corsair closed loop liquid coolers like the Hseries. I have a H90.

Case and Motherboard are important. I recommend Asus or MSI for Mobo, I have an Asus Sabertooth and its fantastic. Case wise something with plenty of space and cooling is good. I got a INWIN case that is very spacious with alot of cooling but case is more of a personal preferance, some people want more flash, some want a minimalistic design. Its up to you.

Video card wise I would get at least a Nvidia 770. You can spring for the TI if you want to have no framerate drop on supersampling, but its really not necessary and there is a big price jump to the TI.

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by Khelendross; 09-16-2014 at 07:52 AM.
    Planar Breach Support Open World PVP and PVE!
    Sourcewell and PVP Rift Objective Based PVP A more resource efficient way of adding Open World Objective based PVP!
    Ember Isle Open World Style PVP Repurposing Lets do something with this amazing zone!

I just built a new PC from scratch, my previous one was built in late '09 and I had to run Rift on the lowest settings on that older computer. With my new one, all ULTRA settings, I can now run around Tempest Bay with 60+FPS, and CQ doesn't even hiccup.

It'll be difficult to update an older rig since you'll always hit a wall, you'd most likely need at least a new processor/motherboard and vid card to run games in higher settings, simply because of newer architecture available.

My new specs:

Intel i5-4690K 3.50GHz (currently overclocked to around 4.5)
    SABERTOOTH Z97 MARK 2

Crucial 256GB SSD
    Western Digital 2TB Drive

16GB RAM (Ballistix)

Nvidia GeForce GTX 760

If I were to update my own even further, maybe next year, I could go for an i7 CPU and SLI my video card, and add more fans/cooling.

Heh, think of us that run this on laptops.

Acer Aspire V5-571G

Nvidia Optimus GT620M/HD4000 combined card.

4GB DDR3 RAM

500GB 7200RPM HDD

Intel i5-3317 Mobile CPU - 2.6ghz Max speed.

Gets 20-25FPS in non-populated areas, mid settings, no shadows at all, no ambient occlusion, texture detail only.

Also, because I play my system as an actual *LAP*-top, I dont have a mouse connected, and have to use the touchpad to move camera and for zooming. Have asked in past for camera keybinds, am still hoping it will happen.
    Last edited by Bonzodog; 09-16-2014 at 04:55 PM.
    Zaviel - Tylia - Planar Legion

Heck, I often play on my laptop. Intel Core2 Duo @2.5GHz, Nvidia 260M, 6GB RAM. The game is playable most of the time, although it does tend to freeze during large-scale open-world stuff (Volan, some other ZEs). Oh, and this is on wireless lan.

I have a desktop with an I7 and a real graphics card in my home office, but I have no TV in there, so... yeah. that's for raiding. The rest of the time I can live with the laptop.
    What I've Learned:
    1. Never ask a woman when the baby is due.
    2. Never, never tell a woman she looks good for her age.
    3. And most importantly, never, never, NEVER answer the question "Honey do these jeans make my butt look big?" with " It's not the jeans..."

My machine is nearly 5 years old now - and it wasn't very expensive to begin with ($825 shipped including the NVIDIA card as I refuse to use ATI - a barebones no-OS system from Tiger Direct). I get around 40 fps in areas without much going on; in the three major cities, I get around 25-30.

16 gig RAM, NVIDIA GTX-760 SE, AMD Phenom II X4 945/3 GHz, win7 ult 64-bit

Just bought new monitors, Samsung S24D590L - game looks really good on them, and I seem to have gained a bit of fps with them (the others were new 4 years ago, so pretty thrashed by now....)

I was going to buy a new machine for 3.0 - but.... well, RL is heating up some, so I can't justify the expense for now.
    People who circumscribe their lives to conform to the narrow expectations of others get exactly what they deserve.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast