+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Minions Vendor up on PTS

Default Minions Vendor up on PTS

You can now acquire some Minions on the PTS, a new quest giver to give you your first free minion has appeared near the Dream Weaver trainer at the Canals in Tempest Bay.

Next to her is a Minion who will sell you a choice of other Minions, I probably either slack or it hasn't been "turned on" yet but didn't find a way to interact or access the Minions I collected

Minions Vendor up on PTS-minion1.jpg

Minions Vendor up on PTS-minion2.jpg

Plane Touched

Thanks for the post, Slip!

I'm going to guess it's just not enabled for non-beta. If I recall, there should be a tab in your character sheet for them. (Although i'm not a beta tester so I do know if that's right. )

Edit: We also can't see the Minions achievements, so there's that.
    Last edited by m12342; 09-03-2014 at 07:16 PM.
    Mononic - Faeblight

Thanks for the information Slipmat!

Feendish also posted about new dimension item kits related to Nightmare Tide here for anyone interested.

These have been on the PTS for a month or 2 now, just gotta wait for the Minion system/ui to be implemented to start the testing.

This is going to be another thing people will say before a raid now "Raid invites starting, send out your minions and get your consumables now!"
    Vastus@Gelidra
    INVICTUS Guild Leader. 4/4GA, 3/5PBB & 2/3IG

Ascendant

Each available minion is plane-aligned should be interesting to see if/how that plays into the task options.

Quote Originally Posted by Caldern View Post
    Each available minion is plane-aligned should be interesting to see if/how that plays into the task options.
    They've already said if you have a life companion that does a life task it performs better, I wonder if you use a fire on a water task it would halve the task performance
    Vastus@Gelidra
    INVICTUS Guild Leader. 4/4GA, 3/5PBB & 2/3IG

Ascendant

minion interface(sorta) and earring slots are visible on the pts now

9.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #9

Quote Originally Posted by Caldern View Post
    minion interface(sorta) and earring slots are visible on the pts now
    Correct, it is a very rough, mostly not working version. We expect to have a working and much more polished version next week. FYI if you consume a minion, it will not yet show up in the UI.

Does this mean we should hold off on consuming them, or should we consume them and they'll show up later when implemented?
    Mirandiral@Greybriar
    Archon by trade. Live archon, learn archon, love archon!
    RoF 4/4, MS 5/5, TF 2/3

A few things with the latest update:
    Adventures Tab
    • Everything looks great and straight-forward thus far.
    • Should include a tooltip like a "?" button somewhere so players can learn how everything works. It's solid and easy to understand right now - but there's still a few questions a person new to the system might want to know, like "How does Stamina regenerate? Daily reset? Every 1hr? 20hrs?"
    • "Hurry" system. Are the costs placeholder? They seem rather cheap for what they can give. Basically buy your way through notoriety and mats, especially if you get a large stock of Minions.
    • "Hurry" button sometimes doesn't display cost. You need to close and re-open the Minions window to see the cost.
    • Do Adventure Cards list ever 'run out'? I know when you use one, it gets replaced with another. But if players just keep using the "Hurry" button, are the cards endless?

Minions Tab
    • 'Edit Minion' doesn't work. I can't type in it.
    • Highlighting Minion Cards is messed up. It defaults to the first card quite often and sometimes I'll end up with two highlighted (first card and the other card I try to select). It's just all over the place. I'll try to click the 5th card and it ends up selecting the 2nd card, then third, then 4th.

Once this gets fixed up, I also think the highlight should be a color that stands out a little more than white. The white highlight doesn't stand out that well because the cards are all marble-colored.
    • Search filter - It's kind of strange that the search filter searches for every letter in a name. I would have expected it to search for the first letter instead. This could get annoying if we have, say, 100 minion cards and there's a ton of cards with 's' in their name and you just want to look at minion cards with S as their first letter.

I do understand why it is like that though if players only remember a portion of a Minion's name.
    • Level filter - Seems to work.
    • Rarity filter - Seems to work, although I only have Common cards so can't really test this.
    • Attribute 1 and 2 filters - Seems to work.
    • Sort filter - Works. However, it would be great if we could choose ascending or descending. I.e. I think most players would be far more interested in sorting 'Stamina' by descending order.
    Last edited by Jonus; 09-10-2014 at 07:30 PM.

I've found 2 major bugs thus far :

Sometimes when I select a mission and a minion, the "Send now" button does nothing.

And it happens that when I claim the reward after a mission, the loot bag opens but he is empty so I receive no loot at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Xxii View Post
    I've found 2 major bugs thus far :

Sometimes when I select a mission and a minion, the "Send now" button does nothing.

And it happens that when I claim the reward after a mission, the loot bag opens but he is empty so I receive no loot at all.
    I encountered both of these bugs...only I'm not sure if the empty loot bag is a bug, or working as intended. I'm hoping it's a bug. Even a low value prize is better than just nothing at all.
    Dimensions on Faeblight:
    Gatekeeper's Christmas Cottage, Faerwood Cottage, Sunrise Cottage, Moonglow Cottage (Nym)
    Ozark Mountain Christmas ( Aedrexa)
    Dream Weaver's Palace (Morgeanna)

I played with it today.
    Sent a minion on a mission, but I couldn't claim his reward, but I was able to send another minion on a mission even though I only had one slot, and can't claim his either.

Sending the second one didn't work right away either.

Seems a bit buggy at the moment.
    I mean what is this? A test server!? Come on! Get your act together Trion!

Shadowlander

I found minions available today so I did try and outcome is :

1. When you use "hurry" within 2-3 secs after start adventure on cost button missing plat/credit option, you have to cancel and hurry again. Perhaps changing when "hurry" button will got active may solve it.
    2. 1 min adventures - no rewards (all of them were fish/mats related and I have checked them both ways , waiting to the end and "hurry" option)
    3. 5 and 15 mins adventures : random rewards, white and green mats in 1- 5 quantity, green notoriety cards (auto use - 13 notoriety with patron), few dimension items 1 and 3 quantity (building blocks were 3 rest 1 each), 1 green artifact. They cost 3-6 plat for "hurry" (mostly 5p).
    4. 10 hrs adventur : initial 5 plat (or 4 credit ) to start it , 12 p for hurry : rewarded 10 green ore.
    5. minions after this small exercise lvl up to : 3 x lvl 2 (very close to 3) , 2 x lvl 3 (1 of them half way 4), 1 x lvl 5 (third into 6). What I am really missing is lack of indicator how much xp is req for lvl, how much is earn from each adventure : is stamina related - how much is spend?
    6. No info about stamina recovery too.
    7. Minion nickname cannot be changed or at least I didnt find how to do it
    Last edited by Soalia; 09-12-2014 at 09:47 AM. Reason: mistyped cost of 10hr hurry

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast