+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Minions Vendor up on PTS

Soulwalker

Default Card colors

Quote Originally Posted by Gingers View Post
    That is possible but so far it hasn't seemed to be a problem. If it turns out to be an issue then yes we'll have to look at changing the cards. Hopefully if anyone is confused, they look at the tutorial popup or talk to the minion vendor for details on how to play. I'll definitely be monitoring player feedback after launch to see what, if anything, needs to change.
    I admit I occasionally get visually confused when assigning "Bloop" - the water element epic minion - to a Death adventure. Death adventure cards have the exact same color as the epic minion cards. It's either social or genetic programming (maybe both) to put like color to like color.

However, having said that it's only mild confusion once I've selected the adventure and minion. The minion list on the left isn't in full color like the full sized cards, so I think confusion will be minimal, and limited to people double checking the minion / adventure match up.

Did I mean to match the Death adventure with Bloop? Absolutely, all one minute adventures are effectively the same, you don't get more or less xp if you match or mismatch minion element versus adventure element. So in the end it doesn't matter.

I think there may be a mild concern about assigning minions to longer missions as there's no way to cancel those missions once sent. However, I think the element icons are used more to identify the match up versus color. So I think it's a low percentage risk.

I hope that helps demonstrate a real world example as well as mitigate some concerns by other players and the devs too.

Best regards,

Docker

Soulwalker

Default Card colors

Question - what to Dev's call the right and left side lists? Iv'e been making up my own names but would like to use the same terms. Iv'e been calling them the "minion list" and "running adventure list".

One thought:

Adventures in the running adventure list have a top banner covering about 80% of the width of the tile that corresponds to the element type. To help people match "color with color" a similar banner could be added to the top of the minion tiles in the minion list on the adventure tab.

At the moment you're looking for rather small icons to match water to water, etc. A larger color banner could help the visually impaired to more quickly match minion element to adventure element.

Hope that helps.

Soulwalker

Default Minion levels / stamina

Have the devs commented on max minion level? I saw some speculation that it stopped at 20 but I don't know if anyone authoritatively responded.

For those that are interested, 20 does not seem to be the level cap, I've got a level 20 common minion and it's still going.

Side note: Level 20 minion = 17 stamina, level 12 epic (Bloop) now has 20 stamina. Epic cards gain stamina a lot faster.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Gingers View Post
    That is possible but so far it hasn't seemed to be a problem. If it turns out to be an issue then yes we'll have to look at changing the cards. Hopefully if anyone is confused, they look at the tutorial popup or talk to the minion vendor for details on how to play. I'll definitely be monitoring player feedback after launch to see what, if anything, needs to change.
    I haven't seen it yet as I am not in beta, but I can tell you if it is the same shading as items it is going to be confusing to anyone who is Red color deficient (color blind). Your idea of blue\purple is the exact same shade to me. So please make sure there are other visual clues besides color in everything as there are some of us who just can't distinguish those shades.
    Last edited by Tollwutig; 09-26-2014 at 04:55 AM.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Tollwutig View Post
    I haven't seen it yet as I am not in beta, but I can tell you if it is the same shading as items it is going to be confusing to anyone who is Red color deficient (color blind). Your idea of blue\purple is the exact same shade to me. So please make sure there are other visual clues besides color in everything as there are some of us who just can't distinguish those shades.

The missions have a symbol (fire, water, air and so), as well as the minions (same symbols). So even in black and white you would still be able to see which minion fits which mission best.

Not sure if there are symbols or will be symbols for rarity though.
    Proud builder of the following dimensions on Zaviel: On Serathe: O-RP Family park and tree hotel , Grotto mansion , Little Ravenshire , Vila Plankcraft, The Raven - Edgar Allen Poe, Fairytale fountain and menagerie, O-RP Beach resort Knock knock On Orticia: Villa Gothica , Orticia's lair

6.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #111
    Rift Team

It's great that they're not disappearing! Hopefully everyone else experiences the same. Please try some more to see if they disappear, I've not been able to reproduce the issue on my end yet.

As for other questions:
    Minion list works.

As for the adventures they're on: "Assigned Adventures" is what I refer to them.

Max Minion Level: In theory, the max minion level is actually individual to minions. In practice I believe all minions max out at level 25. It's also set up in such a fashion that you continue to accrue experience at max level, so if we later expand a minion to go up to level 35, and you've done enough missions to reach say level 32, your minion will level to 32 after he goes on an adventure.

Quote Originally Posted by Dockerz View Post
    Mission completion feedback:

I had two 8 hour missions assigned. I logged out for 7 hours and 56 minutes. I logged back in with four minutes to go and let the missions count down.

When they completed I successfully claimed the one in the top slot, but after claiming the first the second "moved up" to the top slot and transitioned from "claim" on the button to "hurry" with no timer. I also could not assign any new minions to the empty adventure slot. I had to log out and back in to fix both issues. Happily, I was able to successfully claim the second 8 hr missions instead of it going away.

So, improvement but still come bugs with missions you assign and then log out while they run. Making progress, thanks guys.

Telaran

is the adventurine we been getting going to be used to start he 10 hour one and let us hurry the adventures too?

8.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #113

Quote Originally Posted by Dockerz View Post
    Question - what to Dev's call the right and left side lists? Iv'e been making up my own names but would like to use the same terms. Iv'e been calling them the "minion list" and "running adventure list".

One thought:

Adventures in the running adventure list have a top banner covering about 80% of the width of the tile that corresponds to the element type. To help people match "color with color" a similar banner could be added to the top of the minion tiles in the minion list on the adventure tab.

At the moment you're looking for rather small icons to match water to water, etc. A larger color banner could help the visually impaired to more quickly match minion element to adventure element.

Hope that helps.
    We've been calling the left side the minion's list and the right side the in-progress list. Actually I would think that using the colors of the banners would be more difficult for color blind than just using the icons since water droplet looks like water droplet no mater what color it is.

9.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #114
    Rift Team

Correct. You can use adventurines or credits for those purposes.

Quote Originally Posted by squallff99 View Post
    is the adventurine we been getting going to be used to start he 10 hour one and let us hurry the adventures too?

10.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #115

Today's (9/26) update to Minion UI on PTS:
    • Flying card animations are now almost twice as fast. Do they feel fast enough now?
    • Increased the width of the adventure name text boxes to better allow for localization.
    • Added "MINIONS" title to the header.
    • Made the Aventurine icon a bit smaller.

Animations are still a work in progress and UI animation sounds are still placeholder.

Rift Chaser

I preferred it without the minions in the header as the overall image was easier and calmer on the eyes.The title now seems to fight for my attention.

Animation speed seems just about right now for me.

Problems with adventures being canceled or the hurry button keep showing after it finished seems to been solved. Though i did have a card and minion combination refusing to be put in the active mission slot. re-logging on my character fixed it. And wasn't able to get it to repeat itself. So hopefully was a one time thing.
    Proud builder of the following dimensions on Zaviel: On Serathe: O-RP Family park and tree hotel , Grotto mansion , Little Ravenshire , Vila Plankcraft, The Raven - Edgar Allen Poe, Fairytale fountain and menagerie, O-RP Beach resort Knock knock On Orticia: Villa Gothica , Orticia's lair

Quote Originally Posted by Serathe View Post
    I preferred it without the minions in the header as the overall image was easier and calmer on the eyes.The title now seems to fight for my attention..
    I agree, looked better without "MINIONS" in the header.

Also, any chance we can get a way to choose which minion's show up on the minion list on the adventures tab. Something like a checkbox on each minion card on the minion's tab. The ones you check show up on the adventures tab, the rest dont.

13.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #118

Quote Originally Posted by Noshei View Post
    Also, any chance we can get a way to choose which minion's show up on the minion list on the adventures tab. Something like a checkbox on each minion card on the minion's tab. The ones you check show up on the adventures tab, the rest dont.
    Actually I like that idea. We do have plans to add some filtering down the line too.

Another idea from me. Would it be possible to add something to show which minion(s) is best suited to the adventure you selected.

My thoughts on this would be something like the mouseover outline, maybe a different color.
    Last edited by Noshei; 09-26-2014 at 12:10 PM.

I have assigned the wrong minion to the wrong element adventure before because of adventure card colors representing element and the minion color representing rarity. I was wondering if you could add...say a foil effect for rarer cards but keep the color to mean the element of the card. That way by matching the major color we know everything is right.

The foils effect would just be a thin border design to the card, in perhaps a metallic color representing rarity. Thus blue card with a metallic red foil border would be a transcendent rarity water minion.

When leveling minions it's easy to click fast and make wrong clicks because of using the same colors on the whole card but meaning different things. The foil effect would tell the rarity without causing people to match wrong elements when tunnel vision starts.
    Xenohart
    http://www.fractureguild.enjin.com/ | twitch.tv/xenohartgaming
    4/4 TDQ | 4/4 FT | 5/5 EE | 4/4 GA | 3/3 IG | 4/5 PB | 2/4 BOB 4/4 minis
    I just make it look easy sometimes. ~Daglar

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast