+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 ... LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Minions Vendor up on PTS

Quote Originally Posted by Jonus View Post
    Tried sending Carmine (Level 4 with "4" Fire attribute), but after clicking 'Send Now' it doesn't go to Slots.

None of them work.
    Something like this happened to me, too. I did a couple of 1 min and a 15 min mission, which worked perfectly fine. But then the "Send Now" button just stopped working. Selecting and deselecting minions and missions continued to work, just sending them out didn't.

I'm not entirely sure if it wasn't just some weird lag (I had severe lag spikes to the PTS at that time). The problem went away after a relog.
    "I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar!"
    -- Hoban Washburn

I set up two 8 hour adventures early this morning, but when I logged back in somewhere between 4 and 5 hours later, both adventures had just disappeared, and both of my slots were available.
    Dimensions on Faeblight:
    Gatekeeper's Christmas Cottage, Faerwood Cottage, Sunrise Cottage, Moonglow Cottage (Nym)
    Ozark Mountain Christmas ( Aedrexa)
    Dream Weaver's Palace (Morgeanna)

3.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #93
    Rift Team

Try again. This morning the losing adventures bug existed, and the pts update should change that. Any lost adventures would occur when they're initially set up, not upon return to the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Foxfire View Post
    I set up two 8 hour adventures early this morning, but when I logged back in somewhere between 4 and 5 hours later, both adventures had just disappeared, and both of my slots were available.

4.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #94

Minion UI updates:
    • Adventure cards now have animations for flying in and out of the middle slot (these animations are too slow and will be faster in a future update).
    • Selecting a minion (when it first fills the middle slot) now has an animation.
    • Sending minions on an adventure now has an animation.
    • When a new card is revealed, it too now has an animation.
    • Card animations now have sounds, they are a work in progress and are still being adjusted.
    • Stamina and attributes now have tooltips.

Besides any bug reports, personally I'd be interested in any feedback on the card animations. Continue to post your feedback here.

Thanks!

5.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #95

Oh almost forgot we added a size slider into settings so you can shrink the minion's window (just like the RIFT Store). Find it in Settings > Interface > Display

Soulwalker

Default Card animations

I apologize in advance, some hard working developer isn't going to find this feedback optimal.

I noticed new animations added to the cards today when selecting mission cards and assigning minions to them. Mission cards travel i.e. float from the available slot over to the middle "selected" slot. Travel time is 2 or maybe 2.5 seconds. If the selected minion slot is empty then selecting a minion causes a "puff of smoke" as in "ah la peanut butter and jelly sammiches" magician poof of smoke.

Can we have an option to turn them off please?

Don't get me wrong, they're cool the first time, neat the second and get irritating after about three. Also - you can't select another mission card (at least from the same stack) until the animation of "moving the card" from the available mission slot to the selected mission slot is complete. I really liked the instant responsiveness in the old animations (or lack thereof) of the prior interface. Click once and "boom" it was there. Same with minion selection.

You know how we users are - instant gratification is paramount.

Frankly if I'm power leveling minions I want to assign them as quickly as possible and get on with what else I was doing. The animations don't really add value or visually enhance my experience. An option to turn off the animation would be great. Also, this might help people with lower end graphics. Think of them too please.

Soulwalker

Default Mission completion

Mission completion feedback:

I had two 8 hour missions assigned. I logged out for 7 hours and 56 minutes. I logged back in with four minutes to go and let the missions count down.

When they completed I successfully claimed the one in the top slot, but after claiming the first the second "moved up" to the top slot and transitioned from "claim" on the button to "hurry" with no timer. I also could not assign any new minions to the empty adventure slot. I had to log out and back in to fix both issues. Happily, I was able to successfully claim the second 8 hr missions instead of it going away.

So, improvement but still come bugs with missions you assign and then log out while they run. Making progress, thanks guys.

Soulwalker

Default Minion sorting

Any time any event happens in the "running mission list" the minion sort reverts back to default in the minion list on the Adventure tab.

Select a minion sort on the minions tab. See that it's reflected in the minion list. Select a mission card, no change in sort. Select a minion, no change in sort. Click "Send Now" and watch minion sort change. Click on minion tab, click back on minion tab, watch sort reflect what was on minion tab. Mission timer hits zero and hurry button changes to claim text - watch as sort changes. Click on the claim button and watch the minion sort change to default again.

Once people get a lot of minions it's going to be imperative that the sort sticks.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Dockerz; 09-25-2014 at 06:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gingers View Post
    • Adventure cards now have animations for flying in and out of the middle slot (these animations are too slow and will be faster in a future update).
    Was about to say :P Those adventure card animations are awfully slow - and even though the 'Send Now' button lights up immediately and doesn't wait for the cards to move around, it just feels 'bad'. Glad to know they're speeding up.

Got a quick smile from having the cards 'dance' around a bit though.

Minion Job Colors

So while I like the look of the minion jobs, I think you may want to adjust the colors that are being used. Currently the colors for the jobs are very close to the rarity colors for gear/items. So it could be very easy for people to mistake the colors on the jobs for rarity and not just an art decision to correspond with the type of job.

Minion UI bug

For the Adventures and Minions tab, when you select a tab the text (on the actual tab) stays selected. This is different than how other tabs function in game, so I would think it is a bug.

12.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #102

Quote Originally Posted by Noshei View Post
    Minion Job Colors

So while I like the look of the minion jobs, I think you may want to adjust the colors that are being used. Currently the colors for the jobs are very close to the rarity colors for gear/items. So it could be very easy for people to mistake the colors on the jobs for rarity and not just an art decision to correspond with the type of job.
    I'm not sure what you mean by a Minion Job. The cards at the top are Adventure cards (each is themed to their planar type, so the green one has a bunch of vines, the purple death one has skulls, etc.). And the minion cards are colored based on rarity.

Quote Originally Posted by Gingers View Post
    I'm not sure what you mean by a Minion Job. The cards at the top are Adventure cards (each is themed to their planar type, so the green one has a bunch of vines, the purple death one has skulls, etc.). And the minion cards are colored based on rarity.
    I meant the Adventure cards. By having multiple objects with similar colors, but different meaning behind those colors, you could end up with some confused users.

14.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #104

Quote Originally Posted by Noshei View Post
    I meant the Adventure cards. By having multiple objects with similar colors, but different meaning behind those colors, you could end up with some confused users.
    That is possible but so far it hasn't seemed to be a problem. If it turns out to be an issue then yes we'll have to look at changing the cards. Hopefully if anyone is confused, they look at the tutorial popup or talk to the minion vendor for details on how to play. I'll definitely be monitoring player feedback after launch to see what, if anything, needs to change.

15.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #105

Quote Originally Posted by Jonus View Post
    Was about to say :P Those adventure card animations are awfully slow - and even though the 'Send Now' button lights up immediately and doesn't wait for the cards to move around, it just feels 'bad'. Glad to know they're speeding up.

Got a quick smile from having the cards 'dance' around a bit though.
    So when I make animations like that, I can't actually see them in-game until the UI Engineer makes them work with ActionScript. Same with the sounds. So the animations you see now are the first draft, and like the sounds, they will continue to get polished. I'm not satisfied with the flip over animation either so I'll be working on that some more. The flying animations I already made them about twice as fast so hopefully those will feel better once they make it onto PTS.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 ... LastLast