+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Minions Vendor up on PTS

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #76
    Rift Team

This was/is a known issue. I've put in a fix on my end, which means it should be showing up in the PTS fairly soon (possibly later today).

Quote Originally Posted by Foxfire View Post
    I logged in a few minutes ago to find one of my missions with the hurry button showing still, but no time remaining. I then logged off and back in with a different alt and was able to claim that same mission. Not sure if that's been mentioned yet or not.

Telaran

Since the PTS has been patched again, I can confirm that the reset bug is still going on.

I sent 3 minions on 8h missions. When I logged in 7h45 later, only one was still showing up with 15 minutes left.

5 seconds after opening the minions window, that last minion disappeared from the mission pane altogether, leaving it empty.

Soulwalker

Default Mxp

Some notes about minion xp (MXP). Since two patches ago it's been reporting in the chat window. Here are the observed values:

1m: 100 mxp
    5m: 66 mxp
    15m: 200 mxp
    8h: 800 mxp

That 800 mxp might have been from a seven hour, you can't see the length of the mission once it's complete and waiting to be claimed.

Comment: 66 mxp from a five minute mission seems a bit silly. You should never get less physical xp from a longer mission. Now, i'm not talking about xp per minute, I'm just talking total xp. Why would I EVER do a 5 minute mission since it's worth less than a one minute?

I would suggest making the missions worth 100 mxp multipled by the amount of endurance they require. This is very close to what the current rates are and would look like:

1m: 100 (1 endurance)
    5m: 200 (2 endurance)
    15m: 300 (etc...)
    7h: 700
    8h: 800
    10h: 1000

The "best xp per minute" rate of the 1 minute missions is preserved, and you give people the valid perception that the longer the mission the more xp it's worth.

Rift Chaser

I tried the minion system on the pts. One slot, no patron, nothing bought.
    Only tried out 15 minute missions so far. Seem to work when I do not log out of the game. But the moment I log out of the game completely or go to to the character screen the mission gets canceled. Regardless on how far it was. Cards are back in start position, and the slot is empty again. Every time for all 4 times I tested that (logged out to character screen or exited game and restarted).
    Obviously this isn't supposed to happen.
    Proud builder of the following dimensions on Zaviel: On Serathe: O-RP Family park and tree hotel , Grotto mansion , Little Ravenshire , Vila Plankcraft, The Raven - Edgar Allen Poe, Fairytale fountain and menagerie, O-RP Beach resort Knock knock On Orticia: Villa Gothica , Orticia's lair

Default I have a question

Are the types of Adventure cards we get totally RNG, or is there some probability factor included, such as making one type appear more frequently than another? After the last patch it seems more rare to get the Dimension Item cards than the others. I hope that isn't the case, as that is the one I'll want more than any of them. Even so, I think all types should generate equally if they aren't that way already.
    Dimensions on Faeblight:
    Gatekeeper's Christmas Cottage, Faerwood Cottage, Sunrise Cottage, Moonglow Cottage (Nym)
    Ozark Mountain Christmas ( Aedrexa)
    Dream Weaver's Palace (Morgeanna)

6.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #81
    Rift Team

When picking adventures you have an equal chance to receive any adventure equally. The only thing that really influences that, is that when you complete an adventure without hurrying it goes on cooldown so you don't see it again in the near future. This cooldown can get cleared if you'd otherwise run out of adventures though.

Are the types of Adventure cards we get totally RNG, or is there some probability factor included, such as making one type appear more frequently than another? After the last patch it seems more rare to get the Dimension Item cards than the others. I hope that isn't the case, as that is the one I'll want more than any of them. Even so, I think all types should generate equally if they aren't that way already.

Are there like super-rare adventures in which you can find some really awesome loot like special mounts/costumes/companions/minions whatever?

Quote Originally Posted by Snedhepl View Post
    When picking adventures you have an equal chance to receive any adventure equally. The only thing that really influences that, is that when you complete an adventure without hurrying it goes on cooldown so you don't see it again in the near future. This cooldown can get cleared if you'd otherwise run out of adventures though.
    Good to know, thank you!! I did have quite a few dimension item runs before the patch, so that would explain why I haven't seen many since then
    Dimensions on Faeblight:
    Gatekeeper's Christmas Cottage, Faerwood Cottage, Sunrise Cottage, Moonglow Cottage (Nym)

9.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #84
    Rift Team

To you and Serathe. Noted. I'll be looking into this further shortly.

Quote Originally Posted by Basile View Post
    Since the PTS has been patched again, I can confirm that the reset bug is still going on.

I sent 3 minions on 8h missions. When I logged in 7h45 later, only one was still showing up with 15 minutes left.

5 seconds after opening the minions window, that last minion disappeared from the mission pane altogether, leaving it empty.

10.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #85
    Rift Team

Cooldowns are generally measured in hours, not days. I suspect what you're really seeing is just a random number generator being random, as opposed to it feeling random.

Good to know, thank you!! I did have quite a few dimension item runs before the patch, so that would explain why I haven't seen many since then

I'm not sure if this is related or not to the adventure cooldowns, but I logged in today and I'd been sending my minions over and over on 1 minute adventure to get them xp. At a certain point, instead of a minion experience adventure being in the 1 minute slot, I get what seems to be a blank adventure. It says it rewards hides, fish, and meat, but in reality it does just give xp. However, it has no image, no symbol for the type, and says it takes 0 stamina (though it does take 1). If I send a minion on it, the name of the adventure shows up with a blank title, counts down like normal. I now seem to get it for almost every minion experience mission, at least 6 times now in a row. This is a screenshot of it:

And here's one of 3 minions on this mission at once:

Ironically, it's called "Attend a firespinning competition" just like the real minion xp mission that is in the one minute slot in the 2nd screenshot. That's the only other minion xp mission that I can get now.
    Last edited by Serein; 09-23-2014 at 03:51 PM.
    Serein, Gaetinn, Amkhe, Skaidras | Co-Guild Leader of <Nordvegr> of Faeblight | 4/4 iROTP 4/4 TD 3/3 BOS
    New to Rift? Free bag, cape, weapon glow, and title with my Ascend-a-Friend code: EPZHJKQ3DDYHG7GDEDHJ

Quote Originally Posted by Snedhepl View Post
    Cooldowns are generally measured in hours, not days. I suspect what you're really seeing is just a random number generator being random, as opposed to it feeling random.
    Well....today I have been running only the 5-15 minute missions, and I know I've done at least 12, but probably more over the course of the day. I think one or two of them were dimension missions...5 minute ones I think, that didn't yield more than one item. One 15 minute artifact mission yielded a ton of artifacts, even green and blue ones, which surprised me, and I'm definitely not complaining about that. But I want a Dimension mission like that!! So is the number of missions in each category equal? Something really doesn't seem balanced. I am also using all 6 of the available minions, and sending the one best suited to each mission.

I''m also wondering if there is a chance to get any existing dimension item in the game from the lower missions. I got one item that is now only available from a mystery box on the live servers, but I think it may have been from the 10 hour missions. I did those until you guys took the plat option away.
    Dimensions on Faeblight:

13.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #88
    Rift Team

Default Upcoming Updates!

Hi everyone!

So some news for you in the realm of bug fixing. And of course the standard disclaimer: The fixes exist on my end, and have not yet reached the PTS. Assuming all goes well you won't see them until tomorrow, at earliest.

I fixed a bug reported by Serein:
    When doing lots and lots of adventures the system was improperly handling finished cooldowns.

I fixed a bug where an completely finished (assigned, claimed, and off cooldown) adventures weren't clearing.

I squashed another bug where in very rare (so rare I suspect it hasn't happened to anyone at all) cases logging onto another character, doing minion stuff and switching back to another character could behave strangely.

I have been unable to replicate the issue people are reporting that involves losing missions. I have however put in something that might address it.

14.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #89

Today's UI updates to PTS:
    • Added stars & stars splash: this visually shows you how well your minion did on that adventure. The sounds are not yet final
    • Added a "Minion Leveled Up" splash. The sounds are not yet final.
    • Added Aventurine & Credits totals to the bottom of the UI. You can't yet spend the Aventurine.
    • The "?" tutorial button now works though the text is not yet final.
    • Minion levels now show up on again on the small minion cards.
    • The stationary death header art no longer moves.
    • Increased the size of the minion name on the full size cards.

If there are any bugs still occurring please let us know.

Just tried doing a 5min "Impress a Nearby Demon" adventure. 2 stamina, 0 fire/notoriety attributes. In fact, all my adventures says "0" for attribute number.

Tried sending Carmine (Level 4 with "4" Fire attribute), but after clicking 'Send Now' it doesn't go to Slots.

None of them work. Just a while ago I did a 5min and a 15min - but now it doesn't work and all adventures are at "0" attribute number.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast