+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Minions Vendor up on PTS

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #31
    Rift Team

Also as a random thought: Have you tried making a new character on PTS and doing/claiming quests with minions to see if you get the empty loot window on that toon as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Snedhepl View Post
    If you are willing, I could use your character name that you have on the PTS and I can check to see if there's anything weird going on.

My suspicion is that there's one mission that you two might be getting that puts you in a bad state.

Ascendant

If you are willing, I could use your character name that you have on the PTS and I can check to see if there's anything weird going on.

My suspicion is that there's one mission that you two might be getting that puts you in a bad state.
    Khellendros, but it happens on all my characters. I did log in just now and hurried along 3 quests that were 10h, 8h and 15m respectively. All gave no loot to claim.
    Planar Breach Support Open World PVP and PVE!
    Sourcewell and PVP Rift Objective Based PVP A more resource efficient way of adding Open World Objective based PVP!
    Ember Isle Open World Style PVP Repurposing Lets do something with this amazing zone!

Also as a random thought: Have you tried making a new character on PTS and doing/claiming quests with minions to see if you get the empty loot window on that toon as well?
    Hm I've created a lv 1 toon called "Xizaa" and it seems to work, I receive loot for every mission (15 min, 8h, 10h, .... every of them). I have not a single lv 10 minion tough, my highest level minion is 8.

My other character, who have empty loot bag every time is "Xxii".
    Last edited by Xxii; 09-15-2014 at 02:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xxii View Post

Sometimes when I select a mission and a minion, the "Send now" button does nothing.
    I've just got this bug with the "Empty Tombs of Undead God-kings" 10hr misson with the minion Oblivia. I had already sent Quetzie out on "Storm Away with Dimension Items from Crucia" 8hr.

When I logged off and back on both missions were gone from my slots (i have two) , but I was able to successfully get both missions started when I tried again in the same order
    thelarry@greybriar

5.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #35
    Rift Team

Hi folks. Thanks for all your assistance helping us test.

This thread as of recent has brought up two bugs:
    Some missions granting empty loot boxes upon claiming.
    The 'send now' button failing to work after you've teleported.

Both of these are getting fixed and should be on the PTS in the near future.

Plane Touched

Default Hurry never works for me without at least a 2m logout

Looked at all the other posts here and didn't see this one (so, sorry if I missed it).

Did a number of tests with various tasks/minions. I always sent a task appropriate minion.

My main problem is that the Hurry button always displays a pop-up with Cancel as the only option. To get the plat/gem buttons, I have to log out for at least 2 mins. This was true on 1m, 15m, 8h, and 10h tasks. The tasks included:

Narrowly Escape Torch Wielding Goblins - 1m (Carmine)
    What Eggs did you use to make that menagerie - 1m (Quetzie)
    Show Factions You're Down to Earth - 15m (Jasper)
    Vivaciously Grow Recognition - 8h (Ivy)
    Bountiful Harvest - 10h (Jasper)

To try and get the hurry button to display a buy choice I:

1. logged out (all log-outs were in TB) and logged in - as quick as possible
    2. LO - LI after ~20s
    3. LO - LI with different char, LO - LI with minion task char
    4. Exit - LI as soon as possible
    5. Exit - wait 20s for auto LO, LI immediately

Any Exit - LO with at least a 2m wait successfully brought up the buy options in a Hurry.

On a side note: I did the Bountiful Harvest (10H, 5p to play, 9p to Hurry) and got 10 of the new ores. That seemed an awfully low reward for that much plat/length of time. One of the other 10h tasks returned ~10 artifacts (though none were blue or above).

Faction missions returned a lot of SL faction scrolls (like Caretaker). Didn't I see a note above that a faction reward for a maxed out faction (which all my SL ones are) was fixed? If so and supposed to be in the current PTS build, then it still has issues.

Do the 10h missions give too much minion xp? After 1 mission I had one guy go all the way to level 5 and Jasper (after the 2 missions) was also at level 5. I think the current max for minions is 10, so a single mission giving 5 levels seems a bit much. Maybe it slows down after that, though.

Thurfor (also the char name that I did all the testing on).

PS: all missions returned what I consider the appropriate reward (no empty ones). As mentioned above, I'm not convinced they're all scaled appropriately, but the proper reward type was always granted.
    Last edited by Thurfir; 09-17-2014 at 07:18 AM.

I ran into a bug last night but could not recreate it. I'll be giving it a few more tries tonight once my minion's stamina is recovered.

I sent a minion on a 10h mission and hurried the mission (I was not paying attention as to which mission, but I remember getting the new skin material from it.) I collected the reward and the UI cleared up as it would without having any minions on an adventure. I then logged over to another character and had the minion symbol active in my notifications bar. I opened the minion UI and the adventure I had already collected was there with a Claim button, but it would not respond. I jumped back over to the character that I had claimed the mission with, thinking I might have not picked it up. The UI showed I could claim the reward, and it worked this time, giving me the same reward again. I ended up with 26 of the skins in my inventory (2x 13 from the getting the reward twice.)

None of my other characters showed the UI anomaly when I logged over to them, and I had no other minions left with 10 stamina, so I couldn't retry. I'll retry again tonight, and if this can be recreated consistently, it would be a pretty important dupe bug.
    "In the land of the terribles, the mediocre is king."

8.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #38
    Rift Team

Awesome find! I can reproduce this on my machine at the office and am working on a fix.

Quote Originally Posted by Thurfir View Post
    Looked at all the other posts here and didn't see this one (so, sorry if I missed it).

Did a number of tests with various tasks/minions. I always sent a task appropriate minion.

My main problem is that the Hurry button always displays a pop-up with Cancel as the only option. To get the plat/gem buttons, I have to log out for at least 2 mins. This was true on 1m, 15m, 8h, and 10h tasks. The tasks included:

Narrowly Escape Torch Wielding Goblins - 1m (Carmine)
    What Eggs did you use to make that menagerie - 1m (Quetzie)
    Show Factions You're Down to Earth - 15m (Jasper)
    Vivaciously Grow Recognition - 8h (Ivy)
    Bountiful Harvest - 10h (Jasper)

To try and get the hurry button to display a buy choice I:

1. logged out (all log-outs were in TB) and logged in - as quick as possible
    2. LO - LI after ~20s
    3. LO - LI with different char, LO - LI with minion task char
    4. Exit - LI as soon as possible
    5. Exit - wait 20s for auto LO, LI immediately

Any Exit - LO with at least a 2m wait successfully brought up the buy options in a Hurry.

On a side note: I did the Bountiful Harvest (10H, 5p to play, 9p to Hurry) and got 10 of the new ores. That seemed an awfully low reward for that much plat/length of time. One of the other 10h tasks returned ~10 artifacts (though none were blue or above).

Faction missions returned a lot of SL faction scrolls (like Caretaker). Didn't I see a note above that a faction reward for a maxed out faction (which all my SL ones are) was fixed? If so and supposed to be in the current PTS build, then it still has issues.

Do the 10h missions give too much minion xp? After 1 mission I had one guy go all the way to level 5 and Jasper (after the 2 missions) was also at level 5. I think the current max for minions is 10, so a single mission giving 5 levels seems a bit much. Maybe it slows down after that, though.

Thurfor (also the char name that I did all the testing on).

PS: all missions returned what I consider the appropriate reward (no empty ones). As mentioned above, I'm not convinced they're all scaled appropriately, but the proper reward type was always granted.

Well, I was going to try and check to see if I could recreate the bug, but the changes to the minion pricing kinda stopped me.

I'm not a fan of the new Credit only option for sending minions on the 10h missions, or to use the Hurry function. I know the Rift time introduced the AH changes to give a bit of a platinum sink to the market, and I thought that Minions would have been a perfect plat sink, but making these features credits only is kinda disappointing to me.

I felt like the platinum cost prior to this change was fairly low and could have easily been bumped up, but to remove it completely just doesn't play right with me. Hopefully we'll see another type of currency (minion currency with a weekly cap?) useful as an alternative so people with mountains of plat don't just throw everything in there.
    "In the land of the terribles, the mediocre is king."

The notoriety minion missions can currently return with rewards for factions that do nothing for your character (i.e. a minion returning Runeguard reputation for a level 65 that is maxed on Runeguard).

11.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #41

Adding the same post that I added in the 3.0 forums, today's PTS update also includes a lot of bug fixes and polish to the Minion System, please go play with your minions!
    • The 1 minute Adventures now show the correct reward graphic.
    • Adventures that give minion experience (MXP) now show text in the chat console (it defaults to your combat chat tab).
    • Many small improvements to the look of the cards.
    • You should no longer have the issue of not being able to send out your minions.
    • Prices and reward amounts have been adjusted but all are still not yet final.
    • Promo adventures and hurry now only cost Credits, again prices are not yet final.
    • The Shop button now works and sends you to a placeholder minion.
    • Nicknames have been removed.
    • Some minions now have flavor text.
    • The word "Mission" has been replaced with "Adventure" in Achievements.
    • Minions work after you teleport now.
    • The minion item can not give you repeat minions and won't be consumed if you already have it.
    • Added confirmation popup when consuming a minion.
    • When adding a minion, the UI will now open, scroll to the minion card with the icon pulsing.
    • The scroll bars on the adventure tab now scroll using the mouse wheel.
    • In progress adventures now use the correct banner color (it should match the planar themed of the adventure).

Please reply with any new bugs or feedback (as well as any bugs that were reported before but are still there.)

While I can understand that the Hurry up option is credit only, I think the 10h missions only available with credit is a really bad change.
    I will wait the 8 hours to claim rewards from some missions but atm I haven't seen any bugs with the 1/5min missions.

Is there any way to cancel an adventure? With the credit only hurry option now in place I was looking to cancel my 8hr adventures and test some 5m ones, but I don't see a way to cancel those long ones.
    thelarry@greybriar

I also really liked the hurry or the big missions with platinum. They were a good platinum sink in a game that really needs more platinum sinks.

Can we get a little ? button that pops up a legend for the icons on minion cards? At least to show which is which (i.e. the water drop as being attuned to the plane of water, etc.).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast