+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18
Like Tree35Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Minions Vendor up on PTS

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Snedhepl View Post
    You can type the attribute like 'air' or 'death' into the search bar and filter based on a single attribute.
    like that i can just as well search their names yet that function is in the sorting list. maybe i didnt make myself clear with that sentence. "how about having the possibility to arrange our minions based on their element the same way we can sort them based on the level in ascending or descending order?"

Quote Originally Posted by Faratha View Post
    Hurrying adventures does effectively skip them.

When you complete or hurry an adventure, it goes on cooldown, so you won't see that specific adventure for a while.

You can use this tactic to get to an adventure you want.
    While this tactic does let you get to an adventure you want....sometimes....it's really not "skipping" a mission. You still have to pay for it either in terms of adventurine or credits, plus your minion's stamina cost so you still have to "do" it, regardless of the time it takes. This can also leave the minion you need to use without enough stamina to do the one you want, depending on the circumstances.

I am assuming that you don't really want to let people actually skip adventures in the most literal sense. I do wish you would consider letting us "opt out" of at least one "type" of adventure even if it's limited to just once or twice in a 24-48 hour period. For some people it might be dimension adventures they don't want, and for me it would be the notariety ones. Playing with minions on the PTS it seems I get way too many of these, and they often interfere with me getting the ones that I would really want.....which is pretty much anything else.

In any case, I think the minion system is fantastic, and I really appreciate the great work you all are doing
    Last edited by Foxfire; 10-16-2014 at 08:53 AM.
    Dimensions on Faeblight:
    Gatekeeper's Christmas Cottage, Faerwood Cottage, Sunrise Cottage, Moonglow Cottage (Nym)
    Ozark Mountain Christmas ( Aedrexa)
    Dream Weaver's Palace (Morgeanna)

3.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #258
    Rift Team

I got that. I wasn't as clear I could've been so I'll rephrase:

It's probably too late to get this in for launch, but in the meantime you can search for their attributes in the search bar and get at least part of what you want.

Quote Originally Posted by goia402 View Post
    like that i can just as well search their names yet that function is in the sorting list. maybe i didnt make myself clear with that sentence. "how about having the possibility to arrange our minions based on their element the same way we can sort them based on the level in ascending or descending order?"

Plane Touched

Are the attributes on the 1m exp only missions intended to be pointless? Everything was giving me 210exp regardless if I matched the attribute or not.

I figured there would be a slight benefit to matching it up. Seems pointless to have the element on the card if it doesn't do anything.

Soulwalker

Default Docker /Cleric PTS

I checked this locally using some artificially created lag and also took a gander at the server code to see if it's possible.

My results are that I could not reproduce this. I even put the hurry button on the window underneath where the pop up to confirm aventurine expenditure was so I could spam click. (My APM isn't high enough to do it another way reliably).

If you could tell me what character you're using and what the adventure name was, I should be able to check the logs to confirm the bug's existance.
    Character was Docker 65 Cleric on Test. I didn't think to write the adventures down, but I ran through five or more of the one minute missions, it was either on Bloop or Olivia (Water epic and / or generic Death minion) on the day of my original post.

I tested this again after the patch and couldn't reproduce it, so maybe it was lag, but I definitely paid two adventurine for at least three missions, so hopefully you can see the duplicate adventure name / hurry cost in the logs.

Thanks much.

Rift Disciple

Small quality of life issue, but sorting isn't saved between using the minion screen (e.g. sorting by stamina).

Also, sorting by stamina doesn't seem to work?

Avocados@Deepwood

7.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #262
    Rift Team

In the current build, yes. This detail came to our attention recently and we've implemented a small experience boost on any adventure where your minion has at least one matching attribute. This boost does stack with the patron boost.

Quote Originally Posted by Lappdancer View Post
    Are the attributes on the 1m exp only missions intended to be pointless? Everything was giving me 210exp regardless if I matched the attribute or not.

I figured there would be a slight benefit to matching it up. Seems pointless to have the element on the card if it doesn't do anything.

8.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #263
    Rift Team

Hi there!

I've looked into the logs and I haven't seen anything that would indicate that you spent the aventurines multiple times on the same mission. In fact there's nothing to even indicate that you attempted to hurry the same adventure twice in a short period of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Dockerz View Post
    Good evening,

I'm back to testing the minion system. One mild issue - For at least the one minute missions, you cannot successfully click the "hurry" button right in the middle, where the adventurine icon is displayed. If you want to hurry, you have to click off to the right or left of it.

Mildly annoying, but that's got to be a bug right? I only noticed because I clicked on top of the adventurine icon several times and thought my screen was locked up.

Soulwalker

Default How about...

Hi there!

I've looked into the logs and I haven't seen anything that would indicate that you spent the aventurines multiple times on the same mission. In fact there's nothing to even indicate that you attempted to hurry the same adventure twice in a short period of time.

Hmm, I definitely saw my currency total go down twice. What about this: does the log show how many missions I hurried on the day I posted my "hurry" bug, and the total or before and after adverturine count I had? If I hurried X missions at 1 adverturine each but spent Y adverturine, that would indicate a discrepancy, yes?

Is it possible I saw the decrement on the client side, but the server side didn't register it due to the lag, and perhaps when I logged back in the "mission" adventurine was back the total? I admit I didn't mark down how much I had at log out, and how much I had on next login.

Hmm, I definitely saw my currency total go down twice. What about this: does the log show how many missions I hurried on the day I posted my "hurry" bug, and the total or before and after adverturine count I had? If I hurried X missions at 1 adverturine each but spent Y adverturine, that would indicate a discrepancy, yes?

Is it possible I saw the decrement on the client side, but the server side didn't register it due to the lag, and perhaps when I logged back in the "mission" adventurine was back the total? I admit I didn't mark down how much I had at log out, and how much I had on next login.
    So this wouldn't even be possible. Almost every action in rift, and any that involve purchasing anything, are only done on the server.

You click the button, it sends a command to the server, the server processes it, sends back a command, the client updates.

This is a very normal process flow, used throughout the game, and only a very few places don't follow this. This is why when there is lag you will sometimes just sit there with a popup waiting to close, even after you clicked the button. You can usually see this very easily when posting auctions.

11.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #266
    Rift Team

The logs keep track of the amount spent each time, so you didn't spend two thinking you were spending one.

Additionally the client doesn't make any guesses regarding spent aventurines, so at worst you should only ever see lag time between spending them and that spend getting confirmed from the server to the client.

Rift Disciple

Not sure if this is the appropriate place to put this, but some quality of life changes that would be nice:
    • Ability to hide minions currently on an adventure
      When sending 5 minions out sequentially, I've found myself clicking minions I had already sent out previously (even with the red notification). A checkbox or something hiding adventuring minions would be handy.
    • Ability to hide or even delete minions
      I've bought a bunch of the basic 1 plat minions and picked up a bunch from storyline quests. Eventually there will be minions that will not be used at all, and rather than having a single list for adventuring it would be nice to be able to hide them from the adventure page (while maybe keeping them on the overall minion page) or just delete/release them.
    • Sorting by stamina descending (default seems to be ascending)
      Default seems to be ascending, so when I want to see which minions have the most stamina I have to scroll to the bottom of the page. Just a quality of life change. Also I mentioned this above, but it would also be nice to have my preferred sorting option saved when closing/opening the minion window (right now no matter which method of sorting you close by, it will open with Levels descending I believe).
    Avocados@Deepwood

Soulwalker

Default Double Hurry Cost BUG reproduced

I encountered the error again.

11:57 p.m. central time. Docker, 64 cleric. Wilson minion, 1 minute mission. Hit hurry on several missions, and specifically the Dodge Boulders Rolling down a canyon. Upon first hurry cost the time to complete went to but stuck at zero seconds. If you wait about five to ten mroe second the Hurry button will eventually change into the claim button. However, you can absolutely click on hurry again and spend another adventurine. I had 75 before, went to 74 and then 73.

Note: I ran and hurried about 30 or so 1 minute missions before I started seeing this behavior.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18