+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Minions Vendor up on PTS

Soulwalker

Default Duplicate Hurry Cost

I was using one minute missions to test this. Assign a mission, click "Hurry", and click the one adventurine button to confirm before the "teleporter" effect completes and one adverturine will be deducted from your total, but the mission won't be hurried. You have to hurry it again. I confirmed this several times, it's not just lag, I spent two adverturine on several one minute missions.

Thanks much.

2.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #242
    Rift Team

If you ever log in and your minion window is empty it means there's been some latency issues somewhere along the line or for whatever reason things didn't load. A simple relog should fix it as you know now.

Quote Originally Posted by Foxfire View Post
    Never mind.... Logged back in and they were all there. Must have been hit by a huge lag spike!

General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Caldern View Post
    Just got risarian minim (sp) from a minion mission, purple quality, seen it in a few recipes I think but its not on the shop anywhere that I've seen, is this also exclusive to minions?
    I've seen it drop from open world mobs

4.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #244
    Rift Team

I checked this locally using some artificially created lag and also took a gander at the server code to see if it's possible.

My results are that I could not reproduce this. I even put the hurry button on the window underneath where the pop up to confirm aventurine expenditure was so I could spam click. (My APM isn't high enough to do it another way reliably).

If you could tell me what character you're using and what the adventure name was, I should be able to check the logs to confirm the bug's existance.

Quote Originally Posted by Dockerz View Post
    I was using one minute missions to test this. Assign a mission, click "Hurry", and click the one adventurine button to confirm before the "teleporter" effect completes and one adverturine will be deducted from your total, but the mission won't be hurried. You have to hurry it again. I confirmed this several times, it's not just lag, I spent two adverturine on several one minute missions.

Thanks much.

Quote Originally Posted by Snedhepl View Post
    What two adventures are you talking about? I'm looking at some of the settings on my end and the most expensive cost to hurry a short adventure is cheaper than the least expensive cost to hurry a long one.
    This might be a bad example, as I currently only am working with the lower timed adventures due to not being home to time the 8h adventure cost, but :

At 1min left each, Use Sleight of Hand to Nab an Artifact (a 5min adventure) and "Hide From Harmless Burrowing Owls" (1m adventure) have the hurry costs of 20 aventurine and 1 aventurine respectively.

At 5min left each, "Harvest with the Strength of Earth" (15min adventure) and "Use Nearest Dilapidated Dimensional Workshop" (5min adventure) the hurry costs are 20 and 30 respectively.It's a better deal for the 15min adventure, considering it's hurry cost starts at 45. At 30sec left, both were down to 20 aventurine a piece. At that low a time, shouldn't hurry cost roughly the same as the 1m adventure cost? I know most people will wait out the 30sec instead of paying the 1 aventurine, but it would make more sense to have it cost that much instead of 20.

Just wondering if price based on time left would be more uniform(ie: 5min left = 20 aventurine) vs % of time passed.
    "In the land of the terribles, the mediocre is king."

Plane Touched

Is the minion success rate based entirely on their attributes?

I ask because I have Bloop (purple) and the white minions. Bloop's level 8 right now with 6 water and 4 diplomacy. A standard white mob at level 8 has 9 water.

So unless something is going on behind the scenes the only time bloop is going to be more valuable to run on a mission is when a mission perfectly matches his attributes...which to this point I've yet to see one...and mathematically I'd only have a 1/36 chance to see one.

7.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #247
    Rift Team

I'll pass your concerns on to our designer. Systematically though (as in the way it's coded) these prices are expected.

Quote Originally Posted by Lycrios View Post
    This might be a bad example, as I currently only am working with the lower timed adventures due to not being home to time the 8h adventure cost, but :

At 1min left each, Use Sleight of Hand to Nab an Artifact (a 5min adventure) and "Hide From Harmless Burrowing Owls" (1m adventure) have the hurry costs of 20 aventurine and 1 aventurine respectively.

At 5min left each, "Harvest with the Strength of Earth" (15min adventure) and "Use Nearest Dilapidated Dimensional Workshop" (5min adventure) the hurry costs are 20 and 30 respectively.It's a better deal for the 15min adventure, considering it's hurry cost starts at 45. At 30sec left, both were down to 20 aventurine a piece. At that low a time, shouldn't hurry cost roughly the same as the 1m adventure cost? I know most people will wait out the 30sec instead of paying the 1 aventurine, but it would make more sense to have it cost that much instead of 20.

Just wondering if price based on time left would be more uniform(ie: 5min left = 20 aventurine) vs % of time passed.

8.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #248
    Rift Team

Correct, on a mission where it's just water, the basic minion is better if all you care about is just the loot roll at the end. (Note there is of course randomness involved)

However also keep in mind Bloop has higher stamina and will also level faster and thus generally have higher stats.

Bloop is also more flexible in the long haul.

But this is the sort of question we want you to deal with: Is it better to level the water minion and get as high a roll as possible on imperfect water adventures (ones that aren't water/diplomacy). Or is it better to have the flexibility for water and diplomacy adventures? What about leveling rate? Is it better to have a higher level minion that'll cause it to stay competitive in terms of stats, even though when they max out the stats will be lower? And so on.

Quote Originally Posted by Lappdancer View Post
    Is the minion success rate based entirely on their attributes?

I ask because I have Bloop (purple) and the white minions. Bloop's level 8 right now with 6 water and 4 diplomacy. A standard white mob at level 8 has 9 water.

So unless something is going on behind the scenes the only time bloop is going to be more valuable to run on a mission is when a mission perfectly matches his attributes...which to this point I've yet to see one...and mathematically I'd only have a 1/36 chance to see one.

9.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #249
    Rift Team

I'll pass your concerns on to our designer. Systematically though (as in the way it's coded) these prices are expected.
    Keep in mind that we're taking into account the rewards you might earn as well as the time left on your adventure when determining hurry costs.

For example, the leveling adventures (the 1-minute ones) are cheap since you don't get anything but Minion XP.

However also keep in mind Bloop has higher stamina and will also level faster and thus generally have higher stats.
    To clarify, what you mean is that Bloop will be able to run more adventures because of the higher stamina, and thus accumulate experience faster, yes? There is no magical hidden modifier that makes rarer minions gain more experience per adventure or something, right?
    "I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar!"
    -- Hoban Washburn

11.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #251
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by Noshei View Post
    I'm not a fan of dimensions, or at least dimension items. And I really dont want to waste a 8 hour adventure on dimension items that I will just vendor for 1c each. So having a way to skip the dimension adventures would be nice.
    Hurrying adventures does effectively skip them.

When you complete or hurry an adventure, it goes on cooldown, so you won't see that specific adventure for a while.

You can use this tactic to get to an adventure you want.

Correct, on a mission where it's just water, the basic minion is better if all you care about is just the loot roll at the end. (Note there is of course randomness involved)

Bloop is also more flexible in the long haul.

But this is the sort of question we want you to deal with: Is it better to level the water minion and get as high a roll as possible on imperfect water adventures (ones that aren't water/diplomacy). Or is it better to have the flexibility for water and diplomacy adventures? What about leveling rate? Is it better to have a higher level minion that'll cause it to stay competitive in terms of stats, even though when they max out the stats will be lower? And so on.
    If there is a significant advantage to the purple minion in some instances, then it's fine. If leveling 5-6 element specific minions gets me significantly better results most of the time, and just sometimes minutely better results using the dual attribute minions, I think I wont bother with the later.

In the example given, the white minion gives 3 better in 5/6 cases, with Bloop being 1 better in 1/6 cases. Sure, having 36 different purple minions leveled to the max would be optimum, but having 6-7 of them won't. We can only launch 4 missions max before logging off, and we won't have a complete choice for them. With enough minions, stamina won't matter as much in the long run, due to the limitation of how many really interesting missions can happen at once. So leveling white ones sounds more attractive as it is.
    Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time.

13.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #253
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by Ernbrecht View Post
    To clarify, what you mean is that Bloop will be able to run more adventures because of the higher stamina, and thus accumulate experience faster, yes? There is no magical hidden modifier that makes rarer minions gain more experience per adventure or something, right?
    That is correct. Minion rarity has no effect on minion XP gained per adventure.

Uncommon/Rare/Epic minions can have more attributes, better stats, better stamina, and/or be particularly difficult to acquire.

Rift Disciple

how about being able to sort the minions by their elemental attribute?

15.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #255
    Rift Team

You can type the attribute like 'air' or 'death' into the search bar and filter based on a single attribute.

Quote Originally Posted by goia402 View Post
    how about being able to sort the minions by their elemental attribute?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast