+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Minions Vendor up on PTS

Quote Originally Posted by Snedhepl View Post
    If I remember correctly your minion achievement was broken before i put in a fix a while ago? Don't expect your numbers to get recalculated. Further gains should be correct however. So if you get an 8th minion you should see 38/50.
    I dont think I have posted about this before. Any chance someone could jump on the PTS and give me one of the credit only minions so I can test that it is increasing correctly? In game name is Noshei.

The achievements rewarding rhe minions are also broken still as well.

I'm not seeing the reduction happening in the costs to hurry when time has ticked by. Any way to set it based upon the percentage of time gone by to the cost to complete?
    Mirandiral@Greybriar
    Archon by trade. Live archon, learn archon, love archon!
    RoF 4/4, MS 5/5, TF 2/3

General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Noshei View Post
    I dont think I have posted about this before. Any chance someone could jump on the PTS and give me one of the credit only minions so I can test that it is increasing correctly? In game name is Noshei.
    Others have reported the bugs with that achieve Here.

I have since found 3 minions and they all counted correctly for my achieve.

Rift Disciple

wow. had you idea you are this hungry. shall we go for 400 adventurine for the promo adventure then? might as well not try to say a thing since whatever happens you will change the values against us just because you are hungry. good job and tc. like it matters the cost is 250 now, its not like we will get more adventurine from the adventures to explain the increase for the 10 hours adventures. good job.
    Last edited by goia402; 10-09-2014 at 10:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Snedhepl View Post
    On the aventurine changes (and several other changes):

We sat down and ran some numbers on a variety of things involving the minion system and came to a couple different conclusions using a couple different points of view. One of the major points that came up is that promotional adventures were very overpowered for what they cost.

As for aventurine prices: Do remember one important bit: When completing adventures you receive a variable amount of aventurines, depending on how well you do. Higher level minions will receive more aventurines, and I suspect most of you tend to have lower level minions. If you think 200 is too high and 100 is a better number, I suspect then we're right on target, as by the time your minions level up you'll be getting 150% to 200% the aventurines you tend to get now, which would bring the effective cost to about what you're hoping for.

And of course the standard disclaimer applies: we're still testing, numbers may continue to change in either direction based on what we see.

Also the hurry costs for promotional adventures were increased as well (for the above reason)
    I have done some testing myself this morning. doing 5 & 15 minute missions with mostly lvl 10-12 minions, I was averaging 2-4 adventurine per mission, and the highest I got was 6, which was a lvl 12 water minion with the diplomacy attribute on a water diplomacy mission.

is this the amounts you intended? because it's pretty dang low if you expect to spend 3 or 4 days worth of adventuring to just launch a 10 hour mission.
    Kendorath of Reforged on Wolfsbane.

6.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #216
    Rift Team

I think you're overestimating the time required greatly. Let us, for sake of numbers, assume you are the unluckiest player.

Let's say you only get 15 minute adventure and you only ever get 2 aventurines as rewards. If you have all 5 slots unlocked you're getting 10 aventurines every 15 minutes. This then yields about 200 aventurines in 300 minutes, or 5 hours. It requires a large number of minions, likely in the area of 30 you can get yourself a promo mission every day with enough time invested.

This of course discounts things such as putting minions on long adventures overnight, each one provides a minimum payout of 10 aventurines each. So really each day you only need 150 aventurines each day through short adventures. Which means you need under 4 hours each day.

But you're statistically unlikely to be the unluckiest player alive. So let's look at some expected numbers. There are an equal number of 5 minute adventures (which only give 2 aventurines) as 15 minute adventures (which can give as much as 12, but generally will give 4-6). So really about every 20 minutes you're getting, on average about, 5 aventurines per mission slot. So really you're getting 25 aventurines per 20 minutes at a cost of 5 stamina. So every 160 minutes you earn enough for a promotional adventure through a cost of 40 stamina, meaning you need about 4 minions to get the aventurines and a fifth to run the promotional adventure.

Honestly if anything, you're getting promotional adventures too frequently rather than too little.

Quote Originally Posted by orrinb1969 View Post
    I have done some testing myself this morning. doing 5 & 15 minute missions with mostly lvl 10-12 minions, I was averaging 2-4 adventurine per mission, and the highest I got was 6, which was a lvl 12 water minion with the diplomacy attribute on a water diplomacy mission.

is this the amounts you intended? because it's pretty dang low if you expect to spend 3 or 4 days worth of adventuring to just launch a 10 hour mission.

General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Accol View Post
    I am leveling 2 minions I found after the stamina rate was put to its normal rate. It seems around level 5 the minions get less than one level a day doing only 1m adventures.

IMO when a minion starts leveling at less than 1 level a day it starts becoming unsatisfying. Given that the max level is 25 I don't think a total of 25 days is unreasonable to get a max level minion.

I like the current stamina regain rate and would rather see the total xp needed reduced or the xp gained per adventure increased. I think changing the stamina regain rate will change the end game minion system for the worse.
    Minion xp has doubled since I made this post thanks! my lvl 6 and 7 minion got slightly more than one level for a day of only 1m adventures. My lvl 15 purple minion got just about one level.

I'm not sure if the fact that my lvl 15 purple minion has more stamina helps it level faster. The minions are also getting 5% bonus xp on the pts as well-not sure how. But overall it feels better than it was before without seeing if they hit another wall at level 20-25.

8.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #218
    Rift Team

When we sat down and went over numbers we determined the time to 25 was too long. Leveling and short got double experience, long adventures got about 50% more, and promos stayed the same. Also we added a 5% xp bonus for patrons.

Minion xp has doubled since I made this post thanks! my lvl 6 and 7 minion got slightly more than one level for a day of only 1m adventures. My lvl 15 purple minion got just about one level.

I'm not sure if the fact that my lvl 15 purple minion has more stamina helps it level faster. The minions are also getting 5% bonus xp on the pts as well-not sure how. But overall it feels better than it was before without seeing if they hit another wall at level 20-25.

Ascendant

Are all exp gains boosted, or is it scaling with your minion level such that the 15 earns more per adventure than the 5?

Ah, beat to the punch.
    Last edited by Caldern; 10-10-2014 at 08:30 AM.

The adventure "Use Wind to Earn Kudos" appears to have a "wrong" stat requirement/suggestion.

It rewards Dimension items and keys, but suggests your minion is for Air and Diplomacy.

11.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #221
    Rift Team

A few days ago I made some behind the scenes changes to make the reward type explicitly set instead of 'guessed' based on the stats. A couple of them were set incorrectly. We know about these and they'll be corrected.

Quote Originally Posted by Techie Will View Post
    The adventure "Use Wind to Earn Kudos" appears to have a "wrong" stat requirement/suggestion.

It rewards Dimension items and keys, but suggests your minion is for Air and Diplomacy.

12.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #222

Full minion cards can now be previewed in the Rift Store. In the Minion's window (V) click SHOP on the bottom right OR open the store ( ] ) Pets > Minions then click on a minion.

Are the adventures supposed to show 0 below the trait it has? I've noticed this for the last several updates, and seeing it in Will's screenshot up there makes me wonder still if that's what it's supposed to be. If it's 0....why even show a number? Or is it supposd to change once you hve a minion and adventure chosen, before you send it, so you know the "effectivity" of the combination?
    Serein, Gaetinn, Amkhe, Skaidras | Co-Guild Leader of <Nordvegr> of Faeblight | 4/4 iROTP 4/4 TD 3/3 BOS
    New to Rift? Free bag, cape, weapon glow, and title with my Ascend-a-Friend code: EPZHJKQ3DDYHG7GDEDHJ

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Serein View Post
    Are the adventures supposed to show 0 below the trait it has? I've noticed this for the last several updates, and seeing it in Will's screenshot up there makes me wonder still if that's what it's supposed to be. If it's 0....why even show a number? Or is it supposd to change once you hve a minion and adventure chosen, before you send it, so you know the "effectivity" of the combination?
    Presumably that's difficulty, and would counteract minion stats resulting in lower rolls.

Well I guess not presumably, since difficulty was its name at least at one point when you scrolled over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Caldern View Post
    Presumably that's difficulty, and would counteract minion stats resulting in lower rolls.

Well I guess not presumably, since difficulty was its name at least at one point when you scrolled over it.
    Ah yes, and it does still say difficulty. Still haven't seen one that wasn't 0 in many updates now (and I run many adventures of different types daily), which seems unusual, at least to me.
    Serein, Gaetinn, Amkhe, Skaidras | Co-Guild Leader of <Nordvegr> of Faeblight | 4/4 iROTP 4/4 TD 3/3 BOS
    New to Rift? Free bag, cape, weapon glow, and title with my Ascend-a-Friend code: EPZHJKQ3DDYHG7GDEDHJ

+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast