+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Minions Vendor up on PTS

Ascendant

Also, in terms of bugs, I've seen one where sending minions on adventures, particularly the exp ones, was displaying Claim as soon as I sent them out.

Not completely sure what was causing it, I was sending out >1 at a time and had accepted rewards prior to sending them off.

2.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #182
    Rift Team

'Unconsumed minion cards' refers to the item you use to get the minion.

The number your describing is the difficulty of the adventure.

Quote Originally Posted by Noshei View Post
    Is this the number on the right side? If so it is showing as 0 for all of the adventures I have available.

3.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #183
    Rift Team

Initially a minion would regain all it's stamina in a 1 hour time period. This was incorrect, as it was supposed to be a 24 hour period, which it is now at.

Quote Originally Posted by Foxfire View Post
    The rate at which they gain stamina back seems to have been slowed down considerably, although I have never actually timed it. I would like to know if that is intended, and how long it takes or should take to regain a stamina point. Also, does the level of the minion matter for this?

Quote Originally Posted by IamYoshi View Post
    The speed of there regain at one point was turned way up for testing purposes. The rate i last heard from the live stream was there whole stamina bar should restore every day. The higher the level the more stamina they gain but still same restore rate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Caldern View Post
    Iirc, they recover all of their stamina over 24 hours, so a minion with 24 stamina restores one each hour, one with 12 would restore one every 2 hours. Minions on adventures restore none while out working.
    Wow, I didn't know they had turned it "way up"....wish I had, this is pretty disappointing news, especially with two of the adventures lasting 8 and 10 hours, I think 1 stamina per hour at least, regardless of the minion's level would be slow enough....too slow for my liking, but oh well, I should have detected something "too good to be true" about the way they were. This news certainly brings the excitement level I had about them down a good amount.

On the other hand, we are still testing, so why not turn it back up? Pretty hard to test at the current rate. Right now I can't use either of the longer missions due to the fact that the appropriate minions are short about 2 stamina points each. I could send one of the others, but would rather not, since it isn't something I would do on live. The times I have used others, their returns were simply not worth it. Can't do the shorter missions because that would use up stamina needed for the longer ones.

Thanks to both of you for your answers though, I appreciate it.
    Dimensions on Faeblight:
    Gatekeeper's Christmas Cottage, Faerwood Cottage, Sunrise Cottage, Moonglow Cottage (Nym)
    Ozark Mountain Christmas ( Aedrexa)
    Dream Weaver's Palace (Morgeanna)

Quote Originally Posted by Snedhepl View Post
    Initially a minion would regain all it's stamina in a 1 hour time period. This was incorrect, as it was supposed to be a 24 hour period, which it is now at.
    It seems I posted above at the same time you posted this. Thanks for the clarification, although it would be nice to have it back like it was since we are still testing.
    Last edited by Foxfire; 10-06-2014 at 07:14 AM.
    Dimensions on Faeblight:
    Gatekeeper's Christmas Cottage, Faerwood Cottage, Sunrise Cottage, Moonglow Cottage (Nym)

Rift Disciple

Not sure if i missed it somewhere, but if i buy extra minion slots on PTS will i get those bought slots on live as well once 3.0 goes live? Just like you guys did in the past with the hairstyles and such.

7.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #187
    Rift Team

Minions start with about 10 stamina and top out between 20-30 depending on the minion. So at max level it comes out to be about one stamina an hour or so, and before then just under 0.5 stamina an hour.

As for testing it at the previous regen levels: I think it's much better to test at the level which is intended for live, as it gives us a clearer picture of how people interact with the system, allowing us to make a call as to whether it's too slow or too fast. If the stamina regen is significantly higher we can't make any sort of fine tuning tweaks (I'm not saying they will happen or have even been discussed, just that the possibility exists).

As for 'disappointing news.....with adventures lasting 8 to 10 hours' Keep in mind, mathematically this is a buff to those adventures, making them less costly: Previously those missions cost the equivalent stamina of 7 + 8 * minions max stamina in effective cost (remember minions do not regain stamina while on an adventure), for a grand total of 87 stamina assuming the minion started with 10. now the effective cost for the same minion is closer to 10.33.

Wow, I didn't know they had turned it "way up"....wish I had, this is pretty disappointing news, especially with two of the adventures lasting 8 and 10 hours, I think 1 stamina per hour at least, regardless of the minion's level would be slow enough....too slow for my liking, but oh well, I should have detected something "too good to be true" about the way they were. This news certainly brings the excitement level I had about them down a good amount.

On the other hand, we are still testing, so why not turn it back up? Pretty hard to test at the current rate. Right now I can't use either of the longer missions due to the fact that the appropriate minions are short about 2 stamina points each. I could send one of the others, but would rather not, since it isn't something I would do on live. The times I have used others, their returns were simply not worth it. Can't do the shorter missions because that would use up stamina needed for the longer ones.

Thanks to both of you for your answers though, I appreciate it.

8.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #188

Quote Originally Posted by Mentrum View Post
    Not sure if i missed it somewhere, but if i buy extra minion slots on PTS will i get those bought slots on live as well once 3.0 goes live? Just like you guys did in the past with the hairstyles and such.
    Sorry but no, the ones you purchase on PTS don't transfer.

Quote Originally Posted by Gingers View Post
    Sorry but no, the ones you purchase on PTS don't transfer.
    Any chance of adding an Adventurine cost for these, just on the PTS. Or if it does go to live at an almost ridiculous amount (say, 10,000 Adventurine).

Quote Originally Posted by Snedhepl View Post
    Minions start with about 10 stamina and top out between 20-30 depending on the minion. So at max level it comes out to be about one stamina an hour or so, and before then just under 0.5 stamina an hour.

As for testing it at the previous regen levels: I think it's much better to test at the level which is intended for live, as it gives us a clearer picture of how people interact with the system, allowing us to make a call as to whether it's too slow or too fast. If the stamina regen is significantly higher we can't make any sort of fine tuning tweaks (I'm not saying they will happen or have even been discussed, just that the possibility exists).

As for 'disappointing news.....with adventures lasting 8 to 10 hours' Keep in mind, mathematically this is a buff to those adventures, making them less costly: Previously those missions cost the equivalent stamina of 7 + 8 * minions max stamina in effective cost (remember minions do not regain stamina while on an adventure), for a grand total of 87 stamina assuming the minion started with 10. now the effective cost for the same minion is closer to 10.33.
    Do some minions start out with more than 10 stamina, or are there some special ones that start with more? Also is using the shorter missions, especially the one minute ones, a more effective way of leveling them up in the beginning?

I see your point about testing the way it will be when it goes live, and of course that makes sense. I was looking at it from the point of view that I can run fewer missions this way.

I do have to admit that math was never my strong suit, and the last part of your answer about this being a buff in some way flies right over my head. But I know that you guys know what you are doing, and I am still looking forward to having minions on the live servers. I appreciate your patience in answering my questions
    Dimensions on Faeblight:

Quote Originally Posted by Noshei View Post
    Any chance of adding an Adventurine cost for these, just on the PTS. Or if it does go to live at an almost ridiculous amount (say, 10,000 Adventurine).
    If it's too ridiculous, it would never be used since most players will want to use their adventurine to purchase the longest mission, and sometimes hurry those missions. 10k adventurine sounds pretty impossible to me. Other than that I like the idea.
    Dimensions on Faeblight:

Ascendant

Not sure if this has been covered, if a minion has two attributes, like bloop, is it the sum or the higher of the matching ones that's used when running a "perfectly matched" adventure?

13.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #193

Quote Originally Posted by Caldern View Post
    Not sure if this has been covered, if a minion has two attributes, like bloop, is it the sum or the higher of the matching ones that's used when running a "perfectly matched" adventure?
    If both your minion's attributes match the adventure's attributes then it is the sum.

14.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #194
    Rift Team

Currently they can start with 10 or 12. Those with 10 will get to 20 stamina, those with 12 will get to 30 stamina.

The shortest adventures, the 1 minute ones are worth approximately 1/8th of an 8 hour long adventure.

15 minute adventures are worth about 1/11th of an 8 hour long adventure.

So in short, yes, shorter missions are better for experience.

I'll try to rephrase what I said about effective stamina to make it more clear (if you want to skip the mathy part and just trust me on it, skip to the bottom):
    A minion when it goes on adventure pays a flag cost in stamina.
    A minion while it is -on- an adventure effectively 'pays' a cost in stamina as it is not regaining stamina.

Let's say we have a minion with 12 stamina and send it on an 8 hour long adventure which costs 7 stamina. The minion pays that 7 stamina and then misses out on that regen for 8 hours. If the regen time is a day, in that 8 hours if it were not on the mission it would regen 4 stamina (8/24 * 12 = 1/3 * 12 = 4). For a total effective stamina cost of 11.

If however the regen time is an hour in that 8 hours if it were not on the adventure it would regen 96 stamina (8*12). For a total effective stamina cost of 103.

TLDR:
    Okay so lots of numbers, what's it mean in practical terms:
    If regen time is a day, a minion could run a single 8 hour adventure or it could run 11 leveling adventures.

If the regen time is an hour a minion could run a single 8 hour adventure or 101 leveling adventures (you lose 2 stamina from all the time spent on the leveling adventures)

Thus, the shorter the regen time, the more longer adventures cost relative to shorter ones.

Do some minions start out with more than 10 stamina, or are there some special ones that start with more? Also is using the shorter missions, especially the one minute ones, a more effective way of leveling them up in the beginning?

I see your point about testing the way it will be when it goes live, and of course that makes sense. I was looking at it from the point of view that I can run fewer missions this way.

I do have to admit that math was never my strong suit, and the last part of your answer about this being a buff in some way flies right over my head. But I know that you guys know what you are doing, and I am still looking forward to having minions on the live servers. I appreciate your patience in answering my questions

General of Telara

I am leveling 2 minions I found after the stamina rate was put to its normal rate. It seems around level 5 the minions get less than one level a day doing only 1m adventures.

IMO when a minion starts leveling at less than 1 level a day it starts becoming unsatisfying. Given that the max level is 25 I don't think a total of 25 days is unreasonable to get a max level minion.

I like the current stamina regain rate and would rather see the total xp needed reduced or the xp gained per adventure increased. I think changing the stamina regain rate will change the end game minion system for the worse.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast