+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Welcome to the Public Test Shard! Start here!

1.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #1

Default Welcome to the Public Test Shard! Start here!

Well hey there, Ascended! Welcome to the RIFT Public Test Shard!

The Public Test Shard where you can come to check out the latest updates to the world of Telara before they hit the patch notes!

Everyone has access to the Public Test Shard when it is available! However, please keep in mind that we will often bring the Public Test Shard offline without notice for our frequent updates! Unless there's a scheduled testing event, this may occur. Never fear! We'll be sure to announce scheduled testing events on the forums as well!

It's important to always expect the unexpected on the Public Test Shard. There are absolutely no guarantees that a patch or new update won't set everything on fire, but rest assured, you're helping us discover new issues before they can impact players on the live shards! You are, as always, very much appreciated by the RIFT team!

Downloading the Public Test Shard

Downloading the Public Test Shard is easier than ever with Glyph! To start, you'll need to open up your Glyph client. The below is about as complicated as it gets:
    • On the upper right-hand corner of the client, there will be a region selector!
    • Click that region selector.
    • Select PTS!
    • Install your brand, spankin' new Public Test Shard!

Copying your Character to PTS!

Did you know you can copy your character to the Public Test Shard? Just click the Transfer button when you’re at Character select on the Live client and select “Copy to PTS” – it's super simple! If you run into issues, please let us know. Please note that we will no longer be offering Gear/Leveling vendors with the introduction of this feature unless testing requires it!

Thanks for playing a big part in making RIFT better! Please remember to keep an eye on these forums for scheduled events and make sure to have fun on the Public Test Shard!
    Last edited by CM Kiwibird; 08-25-2014 at 05:53 PM.

Awesome! This information will help a lot of people.
    Thank you CM Kiwibird !
    Last edited by Nogardgib; 08-25-2014 at 07:11 PM.

RIFT Community Ambassador Slipmat's Avatar

Hmm, updated and new Thread about how to access the PTS can mean only one thing......

Nightmare Tide Beta is coming !!! ................................................. (soon)

Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    Hmm, updated and new Thread about how to access the PTS can mean only one thing......

Nightmare Tide Beta is coming !!! ................................................. (soon)
    But it's already here! :O (for some lucky individuals)

Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post

Hope you're right.

And if the beta start soon, the release is soon too.
    Guild: La main occulte on Brisesol.
    French translator of Tinker Tools.
    Owner of the Telara Rail Road: 14 Train Station are currently open to visit

Good to hear!

I know you are busy on the Defiance boards, but Rift needs more CM Kiwibird

Quote Originally Posted by Jonus View Post
    But it's already here! :O (for some lucky individuals)
    Well, actually, no. As far as we are concerned, it is still alpha, not beta yet. And we just saw a big chunk of stuffs about the minion system in the last data-mining. It looks like it is not fully implemented yet so by definition, 3.0 is still in its alpha-stage.

But I hope beta will come soon too

Thank you for the update Miss Awesomebird

Rift Chaser

Just to see if i got it straight before daring to jump in on the pts:

If I copy a character from live, it won't effect that character on live in any way no matter what I do on the PTS, and visa versa? They become 2 separate entities in all ways.
    I can still play the origional on live as if she never been copied, instantly if I choose?
    Nothing I do with her on the test shard will effect live in any way, nothing transfers from PTS to live? Aka the PTS is really a copy and she will become a clone nothing to do anymore with the original.
    The one effect PTS has on live is if i were to spend credits on the PTS as those credits will be lost on live then too, but what you bought on PTS for credits won't ever show up on live, just credits will be lost as that's accountwide. (So in short, don't spend credits on PTS and it shouldn't effect you).
    Last edited by Serathe; 09-22-2014 at 10:53 PM.
    Proud builder of the following dimensions on Zaviel: On Serathe: O-RP Family park and tree hotel , Grotto mansion , Little Ravenshire , Vila Plankcraft, The Raven - Edgar Allen Poe, Fairytale fountain and menagerie, O-RP Beach resort Knock knock On Orticia: Villa Gothica , Orticia's lair

That's exactly what happens, you "clone" your main from Live to PTS and it doesn't affect your main char at all, feel free to change up your PTS char with new gear, specs without touching your actual play char.

However, you are correct, spending credits on the PTS will take them from your overall credits pool so spend wisely or don't spend on PTS.

Ewa
    Telaran

Default Plane Of Water

Hello

I've download the Public Test Server for the first time because I really want to see 3.0 Plane of Water.

Dumb question - Do I need to buy an expansion package to enter Plane of Water on PTS?
    Otherwise it won't allow me to enter PoW (plane of water) from Tempest Bay after accepting quest near healer and going through port.

Access to the Plane of Water is still only for people involved in the testing, you will need to apply a code to your account to open up access, keep an eye out for regular Twitch/YouTube streamers to announce giveaways for codes.

With 3.0 just 2 weeks away from today, I expect open testing will happen soon where everyone can go look.

Plane Touched

yeah open beta is probably exspected to start i would exspect about the 4th or so honestly

Shadowlander

Transfer option is greyed out for me still.Now what?

Shadowlander

Nightmare test realms are down?
    I cant enter to my pts account about 5 days or more :/ Any tips if possible.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast