+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Welcome to the Public Test Shard! Start here!

Default Glyph is Required?

So to get on PTS now I must reinstall that, (hmmm, how to word this) "unneeded and unwanted piece of adware" known as glyph?

Quote Originally Posted by Tachy View Post
    So to get on PTS now I must reinstall that, (hmmm, how to word this) "unneeded and unwanted piece of adware" known as glyph?
    That has nothing to do with Glyph at all. In a testing environment it is generally easier to force a full download when there is a significant difference between the installed client and the current version. It can be extremely difficult, to almost impossible to create an update from an old pts version to what is running right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Noshei View Post
    That has nothing to do with Glyph at all. In a testing environment it is generally easier to force a full download when there is a significant difference between the installed client and the current version. It can be extremely difficult, to almost impossible to create an update from an old pts version to what is running right now.
    Well then, how do I get on PTS? Before you answer please understand "I do not have glyph installed".

Well then, how do I get on PTS? Before you answer please understand "I do not have glyph installed".
    The PTS client is no longer available to download if you're not running glyph. Glyph is the launcher that Rift, and subsequently the Test Shard for Rift, uses.

I've said it all along. Those of you bypassing Glyph will eventually have to install it. It's much easier to deal with issues you might have with it than completely bypass it all together. If you told us the trouble you had with it before, we might be able to help.
    Last edited by Techie Will; 10-09-2014 at 05:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Techie Will View Post
    The PTS client is no longer available to download if you're not running glyph. Glyph is the launcher that Rift, and subsequently the Test Shard for Rift, uses.

I've said it all along. Those of you bypassing Glyph will eventually have to install it. It's much easier to deal with issues you might have with it than completely bypass it all together. If you told us the trouble you had with it before, we might be able to help.
    IF, IF!? We have told you, over and over and over and we keep telling you. We DON'T WANT YOUR ADWARE! What part of "WE DON'T WANT IT" do you not understand?

We never asked for it, and continuously complain about it, yet you, and every other ****ing company (microsoft) keep deciding whats best for us without asking us what we want or need.

RIFT Community Ambassador Slipmat's Avatar

We DON'T WANT YOUR ADWARE! What part of "WE DON'T WANT IT" do you not understand?
    Would that be the Royal "we?", feel free to point out all the adware you see in Glyph, mine just shows me patch notes and details of stuff happening, you know, in the game?

I'd recommend a Malware/spyware scan of your PC if you keep seeing nasty Adware on Glyph.

Default argumentum ad hominem

Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    Would that be the Royal "we?", feel free to point out all the adware you see in Glyph, mine just shows me patch notes and details of stuff happening, you know, in the game?

I'd recommend a Malware/spyware scan of your PC if you keep seeing nasty Adware on Glyph.

/ˌɑːɡjʊˈmɛntʊm ęd ˈhɒmɪˌnɛm/
    noun (logic)
    fallacious argument that attacks not an opponent's beliefs but his motives or character

Telaran

IF, IF!? We have told you, over and over and over and we keep telling you. We DON'T WANT YOUR ADWARE! What part of "WE DON'T WANT IT" do you not understand?

We never asked for it, and continuously complain about it, yet you, and every other ****ing company (microsoft) keep deciding whats best for us without asking us what we want or need.
    The appropriate response to you would then be that if you don't want to use the launcher, then don't complain about not being able to play the game.

If you want to play on the PTS, install Glyph. If Glyph is too much of a concern for you, then be happy playing on the Live client only.

/ˌɑːɡjʊˈmɛntʊm ęd ˈhɒmɪˌnɛm/
    noun (logic)
    fallacious argument that attacks not an opponent's beliefs but his motives or character
    But he did not attack you, he requested a list of your "adware" issues with using Glyph. His post has zero ad hominem associated with his post.
    Last edited by Soupism; 10-16-2014 at 12:49 PM.

What about classes?
    Rift 3.5 PvP Rogue by Pioneerka
    Quietly stab in the back of his victim, he listens to the last words from Pioneerka: "Don't worry, be happy" =)

Quote Originally Posted by Lime4ik View Post
    What about classes?
    What about classes?

Are there usually a lot of folks on the PTS?

Other noob question - if I transfer of a copy of my character to the PTS, and then later want to 'overwrite' that version with an updated one, does it overwrite it? Or does it just create a separate copy?
    Last edited by Samuraiko; 01-12-2015 at 02:58 PM.

TALES OF THE RIFTWALKER is on YouTube!!
    Part IV - Marked by Fate is now live!

Subscribe to my YouTube channel and stay tuned for chances to win stuff via the Trion Worlds Creators Program!
    ** The Forum Drinking Game (to be played during server downtimes) **

Quote Originally Posted by Samuraiko View Post

Other noob question - if I transfer of a copy of my character to the PTS, and then later want to 'overwrite' that version with an updated one, does it overwrite it? Or does it just create a separate copy?
    Usually not many people on PTS unless there's a specific test event going on or there's raiders testing a raid - but usually they're in the instance.

As for character copy - it creates a separate copy and asks you to choose a new name if your name is already in use.

Coolness, thank you for the clarification.

TALES OF THE RIFTWALKER is on YouTube!!
    Part IV - Marked by Fate is now live!

Subscribe to my YouTube channel and stay tuned for chances to win stuff via the Trion Worlds Creators Program!
    ** The Forum Drinking Game (to be played during server downtimes) **

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Samuraiko View Post

To further add to what Markos/Khoritsh said PTS is like any other server mate, you can have up to 6 characters at one time and should you want to bring over more to bring more platinum, artifacts or to bring a certain dimension (etc) you would delete one character to replace it losing everything on the deleted character. The only thing to be wary of is currency - credits spent on PTS will effect live credits but platinum does not. I think I've copied over at least 100 Kiwi's over the years to stock up on plat to spend on the PTS
    <a href=https://twitter.com/wootafk target=_blank>https://twitter.com/wootafk</a>

Soulwalker

Default newb alert

Err.. hello. Newbie here. I downloaded Rift today and I started playing on PTS server. I have a level 10 character. I was wondering if it is possible to transfer it to European server. Or do I need to start a new character on the european server (O_o)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast