+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
Like Tree39Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Experimental Oculus Support

Soulwalker

THX Pythos, mouse is working excelent on the eu server as well.

Its know easy to change equip or to buy and to sell, to make all actions wich needs much ui clicks easily without turning of the oculus.

Thank you for that.

The possibility to change the hole ui layout in your game for oculus view and the possibility to play with multiple mouse and joysticks with xpadder makes your game after this patch perfect for the dk2. The only negative thing is, that the dk2 has no hd quality. Thats the only thing im missing. But thats not an issue of your game.

If you want to work further on for making vr playing more better for me it would be great, to have the possibility to use only selected parts of the ui on my screen by different mouse or keyboardclick.

When i take quests etc. i use the full ui.

When im fighting or horseriding i use no ui for the brillint oculus impression, i think that makes the best feelings and sence.

But while horseriding i want to click sometimes the big map to see the way ive to take. Before i can see the big map ive to click back first the full ui.

Also while and after fight.

Fighting without any ui is best!! Maybe it woukld be great to have possibility to see sometimes only the life bar of my char and the npc by click. Also to see sometimes only the cooldowns, without clicking back the hole ui.

When i want to click for getting the things that the dead npc has, i ve also at first to click back my full ui.

A solution for that would be in my eyes usefull, because it makes a better ocolus impression, if ive only the ui things i need in the moment.

But noway -- after your mouse update its really great and easy to play and i love it to spend my gaming time with oculus vr in your brilliant game!
    Last edited by Baktus; 02-19-2015 at 12:13 PM.

Soulwalker

importeant fix for oculus player should be to make the window for casting the dies for the intance rewards moveable. Its nearly out of the oculus fov, and that means, the hole game reward after the done work is nearly out of range for any oculus player.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Pithos View Post
    The following patch note was missing from today's patch notes:

Improved Oculus Support - The error that was present as you moved the mouse further and further from the center of an eye has been fixed, making clicking on the UI accurate.

I've logged in to the Live US shards, and verified that the fix is present and working. The EU shards are offline receiving the same update now - it will be available there as soon as the servers are online.

Please let me know what you think, and if it's as accurate for you as it is for me!
    Great job on this update. Interacting with the UI is much easier now. I actually ran my first dungeon using the Oculus. I still appears that the pointer is only visible with one eye but it's location in reference to the UI is accurate regardless of the eye that it is viewable in. Removing shadows helps a lot with the graphics but there is still something a bit off stereoscopically (is that a word?). Have you updated to the latest SDK yet? Awesome job again Pithos, I'm looking forward to your future updates.

Soulwalker

Default Oculus Trouble

I have a Dk2 and it is up to date with the latest firmware. i can get almost all of the demos ive tried so far to work. when i try to use it to play rift, it tracks my headmotion, but it does not display properly in my rift. ive tried messing with my screen settings (flipping the screen, extending it, so forth and so on.) im not sure what im doing wrong or how to fix this. can anyone help?

Soulwalker

I'd like to give a little feedback really quickly. So first of all, thank you so much for the work that you're doing to include VR support in your game! The 3D depth is great! I'm using a GTX Titan Black, and then only setting that caused my system to drop to a low framerate was the object draw distance. I can max out every other setting, but bump up the object draw distance from the lowest setting and there was some noticeable jitter. So there may be an opportunity to tweak that a bit.

There were two things for me that if improved, would make VR the only way to play this game.

1. VR needs to extend to the menus in the game and it needs to be able to be toggled on and then saved. Right now you have to log into the game without VR active and then try to click on "Play" while in the non-VR mode. This is difficult. And then once your character is logged in, you have to use the /oculus 1 command to enable the VR effect. It would be nice to be able to enable the Rift in the normal system settings once, and then have it automatically start the game in VR from that point on.

2. The game really needs some interface work (meaning that the interface is great for a high-res flat monitor, but really doesn't work well for VR). It's hard to even arrange the existing interface properly because many elements are outside of your scope of vision. It would be nice to have an edge-peak feature that allows you to zoom out and see the whole screen, and then zoom back in when things have been arranged. This would be a helpful workaround until a full VR interface is implemented. Ultimately a VR interface would need to be added before one could realistically consider playing this full-time in VR.

As far as suggestions for an interface, here are mine:

1. VR works best when the interface is disabled unless needed. Keep action bars off the screen unless in combat (or unless toggled on by a hotkey).

2. Allow smaller windows to pop up in the center of the screen when toggled (things like your map, quest guide, inventory, character, etc). I know that you can toggle these right now, but they need to open in an appropriately sized window in the middle of the screen.

3. Allow headtracking to move the camera when in first-person mode.

4. Allow tips and interactions to happen when the UI is toggled off (meaning that you can loot and interact with NPC's/etc while the UI is minimal).

5. Have an option to completely hide chat (you can't really read it when in VR, and it just takes up valuable screen space).

6. I know that this last one is a big one and may never happen because of the work required, but it would be great to see your hands/weapons when you're in first person mode. This greatly adds to immersion and would be fantastic. I realize that this takes a ton of work, but ultimately it would be great for VR.

I'm excited about the possibility of having a good MMO with native VR support. I hope that you guys keep working on it and that it's not just an experiment. Thank you for what you've added so far!

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Default Oculus Rift Launch 2016

With Occulus VR announcing launch for 2016 I wonder what this will mean for Rift Planes of Telara and whether Support will be taken further than it has been?
    Last edited by Kiwi; 05-06-2015 at 10:47 AM.

Soulwalker

Hey guys,

Interested to know if anyone has any custom UI's or addons to make the viewing of actions bars, in game chat, quest tracking and part/raid bars any easier. I'll probably have a fiddle tonight to see what I can do but seeing that its hard to find pages of using the Rift on Rift due to the same name being used I though I'd put a post here and see what everyone else does.

At this time I cannot see my actions bars and this is to be expected with it being in Dev stages.

So any tips you have would be appreciated! Can't wait to get this all set up and dive into the game.

Regards,

Daerger

Now that the consumer edition was presented and announced for Q1 2016, I am curious if Rift will get a proper support and interface for VR
    twitch.tv/seshatar | Twitter: @Seshatar | HoT Discord | Discord: Seshatar#1337

<Skins on Farm> selling 700+ weapon wardrobe skins on [EU] (click for full list)

IGNs: [EU] Volturnus@Gelidra / [NA] Seshatar@Faeblight | RAF: LMPNWLNLPHY2P6QCTWF6

Bumping for a status report and possible future plans

Hello! Just curious if RiFT has support for the latest Oculus 0.7 runtime? I'm wanting to dive back in and give this a go. I'm on Windows 10 now and can only run games with 0.6 and up support. Unfortunately "extend" mode is no longer an option.
    Last edited by ubtri; 09-15-2015 at 05:41 PM.
    My Youtube:

Quote Originally Posted by ubtri View Post
    Hello! Just curious if RiFT has support for the latest Oculus 0.7 runtime? I'm wanting to dive back in and give this a go. I'm on Windows 10 now and can only run games with 0.6 and up support. Unfortunately "extend" mode is no longer an option.
    I am back for the same reason. I built a new machine, put Win 10 on it and sdk .7 and nothing I play works now. I would assume Oculus communicated the direct mode requirement to People like Eve: Valkyrie and DCS World who are working with them. I just hope they communicated the big change .7 was to the other important game publishers. The active VR community isn't quite the same thing, they seem to be the only ones who saw it coming. Actually, I am not sure Rift knows so I am hoping the recent bumps here will make them notice something important has happened to the Oculus if they weren't working on it already.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hailolyergory View Post
    All, Please nerf paper it is too strong, but leave scissors alone they are fine.
    Yours Truly,
    Rock.

Soulwalker

So, its been a while with no info about oculus rift, its new runtime, and the consumer version. Just curious why there has been nothing said yet.

Soulwalker

I'm also curious and would love support for Oculus 1.3 SDK and the consumer Rift : )

I'm not 100% certain but i seem to recall a post by a Dev saying that as Oculus will no longer run on DirectX 9 that it's impossible now for Rift to run in it's present state, again I can't say for certain that's what I saw

Dev Pithos answered when I commented about this in an article on MassivelyOP:

(if the image doesn't show: http://i.imgur.com/j9vCVCP.png)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5