+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Experimental Oculus Support

Soulwalker

Every exibition and compu-shop is hyping and promoting oculus-vr. In one or two years, millions of people play their games also in vr.

Youre the first mythic mmo game world complete in vr, and its fu... unbeliveable great to play your game with oculus. Thats the future!

If i compair your game with games like dying light i say: Your game is made for vr, its so rich and we can stay and spend our hole lifes in it.

Keep going that way further on, make the ui a bit more use able (center it a bit readable like in dying light) and promote your game for the best vr-expirience a player can have.

The future is yours, if you work this way a bit futher on and make only a few more solutions for the ui. Vr graphics are already perfect and for ui intensive group-play we can switch to normal mode.

In the moment i played the game with oculus with a 12 key mouse and left hand key throttle force by xpadder. It worked very well.

I made my oculus ui layout only with big minimap and readabel big quest-headers at the right side, and small action bars for seeing cooldowns at the button and hided this ui every time i didnt need with one click.

And its a brilliant unbelevable good playable vr! Unsayable game-expirience!

Then i sadly started to import /export different uis and now your game client breaked down.

Its not possible anymore in oculus mode to click ui windows by mouse, the escape button works wrong and the quest windows for example have no "accept" button, only buttons called "button" (unclickable by mouse).

Its not possible anymore to confirm any ui window with "accept" or hide this window with esc or mousclick. Moving by mousclick is not working too. It seems like, that the left mouse button for the ui gave up.

I tried /resetuitodefault by macro in oculus mode, resetted the ui under display in the interface drop down menu, repaired the game with right click in the glyph menu and did 2 new installations, the last one under steam

No way, the issue is still there and itd still the same , also with a new fresh acc i made.

Its sadly unplayble in oculus mode with this ui mistake and if i play the game in normal mode, i always start crying because i want to see your mythic world through vr glasses.

For that reason i have to play dl now and keep killing the stupid zombies

But thank you for this great expirience, i will never forget in my life the unincredebal impressions i had running and fighting through your excellent mythic game world in vr

Hope you can fix the issue some day, i will be back than for sure!

2.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #47
    Rift Team

Good news. The UI issue in Oculus mode has been tracked down and fixed. It will go live to everyone with the next hotfix.

Soulwalker

Great!! Im back than

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Pithos View Post
    Good news. The UI issue in Oculus mode has been tracked down and fixed. It will go live to everyone with the next hotfix.
    This is great to know that you're still working on this. I have a DK2 with the latest SDK and my issue, aside from the UI, is more in the context of how the graphics are displayed. It's very difficult to explain the problems but it feels a bit blurry. The 3D doesn't feel "natural". It feels more like the effect of 3D red and blue glasses. Has anyone else experienced this? Is this related to the use of the latest SDK?

Soulwalker

What a painful experience that was. I have a dk2 for my games but when I saw that you were supporting it I thought wow I should give rift yet another try... after all the failed tries in the past. Went through the horrible experience of installing the game (these problems I have had since you first lanched Defiance f2p/before that the patcher worked fine) the problem is the one where you disconnect me every 10 minutes, so I actually have to sit there and baby sit this huge dl... But whatever, I figure you just don't know how to make a patcher really work right.. That is network engineering not game development.

Then the Oculus comes.... after the headache of trying to make it work with anything at al; because now MY oculus game won't compile due to me actually having a oculus... (however this isn't UE4 forums so ignore that) they made this thing for games and I can only get one game to run and it is the game that is known for the worst VR support (which btw it is dying light and the implementation was horrible BUT IT WORKS)... So with that aggravation I think lets try rift which is a very stable platform...

Ummmmmmmmmmm............. Why bother? Why waste my time coming back to game I had had enough of????????

There is no way of getting the rift to actually view properly... It is scrunched up in the middle of my eyes. About the only thing I can view properly is the warning text that you are required to place up there by OCULUS itself.....

So why bother??? Are you planning on actually setting it up right so peoples eyes don't bleed????

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Xictaji View Post
    What a painful experience that was. I have a dk2 for my games but when I saw that you were supporting it I thought wow I should give rift yet another try... after all the failed tries in the past. Went through the horrible experience of installing the game (these problems I have had since you first lanched Defiance f2p/before that the patcher worked fine) the problem is the one where you disconnect me every 10 minutes, so I actually have to sit there and baby sit this huge dl... But whatever, I figure you just don't know how to make a patcher really work right.. That is network engineering not game development.

Then the Oculus comes.... after the headache of trying to make it work with anything at al; because now MY oculus game won't compile due to me actually having a oculus... (however this isn't UE4 forums so ignore that) they made this thing for games and I can only get one game to run and it is the game that is known for the worst VR support (which btw it is dying light and the implementation was horrible BUT IT WORKS)... So with that aggravation I think lets try rift which is a very stable platform...

Ummmmmmmmmmm............. Why bother? Why waste my time coming back to game I had had enough of????????

There is no way of getting the rift to actually view properly... It is scrunched up in the middle of my eyes. About the only thing I can view properly is the warning text that you are required to place up there by OCULUS itself.....

So why bother??? Are you planning on actually setting it up right so peoples eyes don't bleed????
    Based solely on the articulation of your post, you should NOT have ever purchased an Oculus Rift. The DK2 is just that; A DEVELOPER'S Kit. It is not and has never been intended for consumers. All Oculus Rift model's thus far have been strictly intended for individuals or organizations who are interested in producing and developing VR content, testing the hardware, and expanding the VR space for when the consumer models are released. This is not a plug and play device. For those that are not developers, the ideal candidate who still purchases a DK2 is a patient, experienced individual with enough software/hardware know-how to tinker around with the Oculus Rift and associated software in order to get it working with applications for TESTING purposes.

As for the DK2 and compatibility with the Rift MMO, the title of the thread says it all; EXPERIMENTAL Oculus Support. This is likely a single member of the development team taking spare time out to work on creating compatibility between the Oculus and the Rift MMO. Our purpose in this context is to provide useful feedback that can potentially assist in furthering the development of full Oculus+Rift MMO compatibility/support in preparation for the release of the consumer model (still TBA).

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Kristofer Nathan View Post
    Based solely on the articulation of your post, you should NOT have ever purchased an Oculus Rift. The DK2 is just that; A DEVELOPER'S Kit. It is not and has never been intended for consumers. All Oculus Rift model's thus far have been strictly intended for individuals or organizations who are interested in producing and developing VR content, testing the hardware, and expanding the VR space for when the consumer models are released. This is not a plug and play device. For those that are not developers, the ideal candidate who still purchases a DK2 is a patient, experienced individual with enough software/hardware know-how to tinker around with the Oculus Rift and associated software in order to get it working with applications for TESTING purposes.

As for the DK2 and compatibility with the Rift MMO, the title of the thread says it all; EXPERIMENTAL Oculus Support. This is likely a single member of the development team taking spare time out to work on creating compatibility between the Oculus and the Rift MMO. Our purpose in this context is to provide useful feedback that can potentially assist in furthering the development of full Oculus+Rift MMO compatibility/support in preparation for the release of the consumer model (still TBA).
    First off thank you for the reply.... Second off I AM a developer and my games run just fine on the OCULUS RIFT... Absolutely no problems what so ever... Don't need to run in primary mode, don't need to juggle windowed mode and throw the game between windows. They just fire right up in the Oculus... BECAUSE they are honestly Oculus supported games...

As a developer I know what the problem is.... which is why I asked the question why bother putting support in rift.... It is because the calibration is off... The scrunching up the screen (which I assume would run great if you were cross eyed) is due to the side screen vectors being off or something...

Of course there are always those who are fan boys and jump at the opportunity to be a know it all when they know nothing...

And the other problems I was mentioning are due to trying to get runs like rift to run on the oculus that really have no business being there...

OH the game I was mentioned of mine not compiling had a different issue than the rift... It runs fine...

You see when a gamer has a issue he just sees the issue... When the programmer sees a issue (which there are alot with the Oculus) he either wants to fix it or not try in the first place.... So it still all goes back to Why try to put this support in RIFT....
    Last edited by Xictaji; 02-10-2015 at 05:28 AM.

Soulwalker

i say thank you to the devs for doing experimental rift support.

I love it and im addictedt of that.

The vr runs very well in my dk2. Except the ui no issues, only best gameexpirience.

Still waiting for the hotfix for keep playing on rift game in rift oculus

Soulwalker

No longer replying to individuals who don't post anything productive nor those who use ellipses for every punctuation.

Any ETA on the hotfix? I'm excited to see the changes. I'm really looking forward to the 4.4 sdk update.
    Last edited by Kristofer Nathan; 02-10-2015 at 03:07 PM.

10.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #55
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by Kristofer Nathan View Post
    Any ETA on the hotfix? I'm excited to see the changes.
    Well, this week's hotfix isn't too exciting - it's just getting support back to where it was before. Morgana posted the ETAs earlier today - tomorrow at 7:30 AM Pacific for the US, and Feb 12th at 2 AM GMT for the EU.

However, what is quite a bit more exciting is what will be coming *next* week - I've managed to completely fix the mouse location issues. Right now, the mouse is less and less accurate the farther you move from the center of the screen. Once this second update goes live (likely on Feb 18th for the US, Feb 19th for the EU), you'll be able to easily click UI elements wherever they are on the screen.

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Xictaji View Post
    Of course there are always those who are fan boys and jump at the opportunity to be a know it all when they know nothing...
    For a developer your respect levels toward other developers and underestimation of how gamers see issues may need re-calibrating because some of us fans are female dude. Gosh...

Seriously though I'm watching this thread because I would love to experience gaming on Occulus and seeing Rift support experiments occur makes me want to even more so Im curious until the day comes when I can get one to join in testing. If you play Rift/ArcheAge you know already Pithos does ALL the things in every game he plays so it was no surprise he took his own time to create this - the important question though is why not?

I don't think it's your place to tell anyone else what business they have or do not have to be somewhere they already are on their own time and effort that has no personal effect on you.

Soulwalker

So happy for the hotfix pythos, thx again. No words, how good it is to play rift in vr...

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    For a developer your respect levels toward other developers and underestimation of how gamers see issues may need re-calibrating because some of us fans are female dude. Gosh...

(FANGIRL!!!!) I like those....

Seriously though I'm watching this thread because I would love to experience gaming on Occulus and seeing Rift support experiments occur makes me want to even more so Im curious until the day comes when I can get one to join in testing. If you play Rift/ArcheAge you know already Pithos does ALL the things in every game he plays so it was no surprise he took his own time to create this - the important question though is why not?

I don't think it's your place to tell anyone else what business they have or do not have to be somewhere they already are on their own time and effort that has no personal effect on you.

I was just asking why? And I am not a young happy new shinny game developer. I don't care to be happy for the sake of being happy... The reason I am upset is because I have a DK2 it works great on just about everything but RIft AND Skyrim which were the only games I wanted to play on this. I got it for OUR games not to play... So it is quite a let down that something as important as calibration is ruining it for me. AND there is no help in sight. I don't have access to the code so I have to do it like everyone else.

Respect is earned...

So once again if they are going to make an attempt at oculus support why aren't the dealing with the basics and doing it right?

Soulwalker

The completely fix of the mouse location issues was announced on Feb 18th for the US, Feb 19th for the EU.

It didnt came with the hotfix this week.

Hope that this is not forgotten and will come later.

15.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #60
    Rift Team

The following patch note was missing from today's patch notes:

Improved Oculus Support - The error that was present as you moved the mouse further and further from the center of an eye has been fixed, making clicking on the UI accurate.

I've logged in to the Live US shards, and verified that the fix is present and working. The EU shards are offline receiving the same update now - it will be available there as soon as the servers are online.

Please let me know what you think, and if it's as accurate for you as it is for me!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast