+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Experimental Oculus Support

Will give this a go. Downloading now

I'll be sure to record the experience for my youtubez
    My Youtube:

Sorry for the double posting, but here is my initial first impression video.. I do plan to play this a heck of a lot more, because this is the greatest thing ever!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqVRfXCCw68
    My Youtube:

Soulwalker

Coming along nicely! Congrats on being the world's first VR RPG! Looking forward to see how it evolves.

Soulwalker

first time user here I signed up just to try on my dk2 definitely would be a awesome experience and i will be joining the ranks if you can get the kinks ironed out like others have said HUD needs some work as its almost unusable make sure to drag as much of the hud towards the center before you /oculus 1 tryed to accept a quest by squinting to move the box into view but was unable to grab it i did find the accept but had no idea what i accepted ...was a little crazy in third person started makin me feel like i took to much of something but if you zoom in first person its way more comfortable this would be flippin amazing to explore in VR just walking around the 10 minutes i did checking npcs out up close jumping up a cliff and falling down watching some fights go down got whacked with a stick by some lady admired the firey sky and giant jagged rocks I grabbed a handful of something from a magic glowing shiny box needless to say i was impressed and jus quit to say mind blowing way to experience a mmorpg once it gets some fixes im all in please please make it so
    Last edited by Ital; 09-21-2014 at 01:08 AM.

Soulwalker

Default Great Rift experience even with graphics turned down for better FPS

Can't wait to see a more polished HUD and Mouse accuracy. Building my new gaming rig so i can see how it looks in Ultra graphics with Oculus Rift. I'll enjoying running around beating up a few Mobs for fun.

Hope to see this side project grow!

Soulwalker

This is the reason I started playing Rift. However the game is mostly unplayable with the menus the way they currently are. If you could use positional tracking to look at the corners of the UI it would be great. Hope you keep working on this!

Soulwalker

Just found out about the experimental implementation, it's been awhile! I remember last I played I wondered about Rift adding Rift support and I was shot down by a dev

I'll test it out when my Rift arrives in the next month (i hope!); however, as with anyone I talk to about VR UI design, here is a thought experiment:

Go outside. Now, imagine a user interface.. health bars, mana bars, quick bars, etc.. overlay-ed on top of the world. How do you imagine them to be? How would you bring up a "main menu"? Incoming and Outgoing damage notifiers? Etc..

Now, draw up a storyboard of the UI, and have your designers get to work!

Is this presently turned on? I am doing the /oculus 1 and getting nothing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hailolyergory View Post
    All, Please nerf paper it is too strong, but leave scissors alone they are fine.
    Yours Truly,
    Rock.

Quote Originally Posted by Bliter View Post
    Is this presently turned on? I am doing the /oculus 1 and getting nothing.
    working now, old drivers
    Quote Originally Posted by Hailolyergory View Post
    All, Please nerf paper it is too strong, but leave scissors alone they are fine.
    Yours Truly,
    Rock.

Soulwalker

Default Awesome

Like a few here, used to play back in the day and was surprised when I noticed you guys had worked in some support. Actually found out through ubtri's video's. Fascinating how much has changed.

A couple of impressions from my first few minutes of playing with it:

If someone could create a pre-arranged menu settings that have everything scaled and moved very close to center it would help a bit (I tried to find a preferences file, but it seems like you guys are storing most of the menu configs for characters on the server side).

The focus seemed a bit off to me. I'm not sure if I just haven't got the settings right, but the in-game focal distances seemed different from the other games I've been trying today.

Getting the mouse functional would be rad.

Overall, I feel like my eye height is a little tall even in first person.

Finally, it seemed like turning my head moved the camera in more than one axis (I had to crane my neck while turning my head to keep my "eyes" in the same plane).

Overall though, bangup job. Especially for a side project. Someone owes the devs working on this a beer.

Soulwalker

Default Rift Support

Just spent about an hour walking around in Sanctum with the DK2. It looks amazing! It really gives the whole world a new level of depth, especially from the first person perspective. I love it, and can't wait to see more. Given the UI issues (maybe a slider/adjuster to scale it in would fix?) the rift is better suited for exploration than combat, but this has made me very excited to see what's in store for the future. I think once the UI issues are sorted out even combat would flow freely, and the ability to easily look around while fighting (without moving your character) could enhance battleground management.

Soulwalker

Default Rift Support for Google Cardboard

I saw some videos about your oculus support and I have to say that you are doing a great job, but could you turn rift enable to a low cost VR platform like Google Cardboard?

We(users) are able to play Rift at Google Cardboard using Trinus Gyre, but we need the mouse click for headtracking, if you can create an option about movement of characters head without mouse click the support for Google Cardboard it's done!

Thanks

Soulwalker

Default Ongoing?

Has this project been abandoned? There has been no update in quite a while and we were wondering if this was something that's still being worked on. While in its current state it is essentially unplayable, there is a lot of potential and it would be great for Rift to be the first MMORPG to officially support the Oculus Rift.

Soulwalker

Default Ui ist not working for mouseclicks - any solution?

i love to play this game with the oculus, but since yesterday the ui windows are not reacting for any mouseactions, klicking any ui windows in game by mouse is not more possible -

also the escape button is wrong, no ui window hides after klicking esc, only the lock out screnn is comming up additional to the ui window, i wanted to click away.

In normal game (no oculus mode) all this is still working fine (esc-button hides ui windows and mousclick and mousover ui windows is working fine too).

Has any oculus player same problem since yesterday?

My problem is, that playing oculus is impossible without clicking ui windows with mouse

Is there any solution or is the oculus-support dead?

i resetted all, loaded the hole game new and tryed it with a different new acc - no way, still no possibility to click with my mouse in oculus mode ingame windows of the ui

15.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #45
    Rift Team

Oculus support in Rift is something that's only worked on occasionally, it's not a priority for us at this time. With that said, updating to the latest SDK, and working on any mouse issues are at the top of my list of things to do, when I get a chance to do so. No promises on when I'll get a chance to update it, but it's not forgotten.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast