+ Reply to Thread

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Zone Event - Night Terrors - PTS test @4pm PST 8/04/2014

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #1
    Shiny Ball of Doomy Doom Salvatrix's Avatar

Default Zone Event - Night Terrors - PTS test @4pm PST 8/04/2014

New Playtest! Short notice!

At 4pm on the PTS, I will be spinning up the prelude zone event Night Terrors on the PTS in SILVERWOOD. Feel free to log in, mentor down, and run the event with us.

Was:
    Hej.

At 4pm on the PTS, I will be spinning up the prelude zone event Night Terrors on the PTS in Freemarch. Feel free to log in, mentor down, and run the event with us.
    Last edited by Salvatrix; 08-04-2014 at 01:07 PM.
    Rift Team Designer
    Live Content Watch Commander

"Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash, and I am delighted to say I have no grasp of it what so ever."

2.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #2

Known Issues:

1) Zone Event objective markers not displayed on main map.
    2) Dream Catchers are too fragile.
    Last edited by Salvatrix; 07-31-2014 at 02:38 PM.
    Rift Team Designer

"Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash, and I am delighted to say I have no grasp of it what so ever."

I wish I could attend but I work until 5:30PM PST. =/

Good luck to those who can attend.
    Uruketo, 70 Warrior
    <Grievance> Guild Leader
    Defiant - Wolfsbane
    http://www.grievancegaming.org/

Default Sounds fun!

I'll be there as Evelynlace

Ascendant

I'm there on the PTS chillin. Interesting to test a zone event. Must be something different as they usually don't.
    Planar Breach Support Open World PVP and PVE!
    Sourcewell and PVP Rift Objective Based PVP A more resource efficient way of adding Open World Objective based PVP!
    Ember Isle Open World Style PVP Repurposing Lets do something with this amazing zone!

Quote Originally Posted by Tacitus View Post
    Known Issues:

1) Zone Event objective markers not displayed on main map.
    They're also not displaying properly on mini-map. Shows stuff like them being 3k+ meters away.
    Other stuff I'm guessing you've taken note of.
    Bosses Immune; shield wall bar not going down/etc.

Ascendant

Just to recap:

Bosses Immune, Dreamcatchers extremely wimpy, guardpost npcs have a message icon over their head that doesn't go away. Weird stuff with minimap display and general map display.

It feels a lot like The Blight. I think the invasions need to be much scarier. Might be cool if the invasion forces could overrun the dreamcatcher area. At the very least the little dream portals that spit out the mobs should spit out an elite and some more invasions that can dish out and take a bit more punishment. Right now the zone event feels really really dull cause it was just running back and forth placing dreamcatchers. You could completely ignore the invasions. I know time is limited before the patch drops but hopefully something can be done about that.
    Planar Breach Support Open World PVP and PVE!
    Sourcewell and PVP Rift Objective Based PVP A more resource efficient way of adding Open World Objective based PVP!
    Ember Isle Open World Style PVP Repurposing Lets do something with this amazing zone!

8.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #8

I took care of the broken scripting resulting in bosses being immune, the first two bosses not crediting the zone event quest objectives, the issues with map markers, the screwy health bar on the last shield, and... a bunch of other fixes I am sure I am forgetting at 1am.

I also decreased the amount of time required to pick up a dream catcher, increased the health of the dream catchers, fixed the text implying you could aim the placement of the Dream Catchers, added pop controllers to the invasions, replaced the abilities being used by the bosses, and finished setting up the event to run in Silverwood. Assuming we get a good build, I want to run another playtest Friday afternoon in Silverwood.

I think more tuning is needed on the invasions, so I will be working on that during the day on Friday, but any adjustments I make will not show up for the playtest.

P.S. Thank you, guys, for coming out. While the major bugs could easily be found and fixed over the weekend without a PTS run, getting an idea of the pacing and scaling only happens by throwing more players into the mix. We had roughly 20 people in the zone participating - not bad for a simple zone event test with short notice.
    The talk icon over the engineer's head is deliberate so if a player isn't sure what to do there, they can talk to the engineer for a direction. The talk icon is there to call attention to the NPC. Remember that this event is running in SW and FM, so players new to Rift will be playing this event.

Still want to ramp up the danger of the mobs guarding the shields - totally agree with that goal.
    Last edited by Salvatrix; 08-01-2014 at 12:12 AM.
    Rift Team Designer

9.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #9

Updated first post to call out a new round of PTS testing at 4pm today!
    Rift Team Designer

Shortest heads-up ever :P

Sounds like some fun!

Grrrr...I knew I shoulda left work early lol. I'm heading home now, maybe I can make it for some of it.
    Xenohart
    http://www.fractureguild.enjin.com/ | twitch.tv/xenohartgaming
    4/4 TDQ | 4/4 FT | 5/5 EE | 4/4 GA | 3/3 IG | 4/5 PB | 2/4 BOB 4/4 minis
    I just make it look easy sometimes. ~Daglar

A few things though you've already mentioned them in-game:
    • NPC emoting about the IG would be nice although perhaps just keeping it as a surprise to spread amongst people in raid/guild would also work.
    • Nexus Dream Catcher station not on map.
    • Dream Catcher cannot be healed and doesn't heal back up to 100% when not in combat (so different from the Lightning Rods in The Silver Army zone event). Thanks to the invasions, unless you push yourself into the shield, your Dream Catcher will die out after a few invasion spawns since they inevitably manage to throw a few dots/hits onto the nearest catcher whenever they spawn before they are DPS'd down or switch targets.

This could get annoying once popularity of the zone event falls after the initial surge.
    • Double-check boss HP and add that immunity timer onto them.

+ Reply to Thread