+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: pyro changes slap in the face

Soulwalker

Default pyro changes slap in the face

current pyro changes on pts are worse than pyro on live atm. i lost dps?

Thats why its on PTS. If it was live its a slap in the face. Since it is on PTS they are expecting feedback. If you feel it does less DPS or is harder to achieve nominal DPS they will welcome your feedback.

Thats you know...what the PTS is for. Unless you are playing soley on the PTS...then it might feel that way I guess.
    Last edited by Xenoheart; 06-25-2014 at 02:11 PM.
    Xenohart
    http://www.fractureguild.enjin.com/ | twitch.tv/xenohartgaming
    4/4 TDQ | 4/4 FT | 5/5 EE | 4/4 GA | 3/3 IG | 4/5 PB | 2/4 BOB 4/4 minis
    I just make it look easy sometimes. ~Daglar

Thats why theyre on the pts and not live. Calm down... go to the update thread and give some feedback on it so Kervik can change it.
    ~ | Fiskerton | Fiskermage | Fiskerheals | Fiskerbear | ~

I'm a homeless stray of a raider

I'd normally recommend leaving feedback as well, however I have doubts that they really want honest feedback. They've made up their minds on how they want pyro to be played, and based on the below statement, it doesn't seem like our feedback would change anything anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Kervik View Post
    To answer some of the comments from the previous thread, I do not have any intentions of giving any way to instant cast Fireballs. At the moment I also only intend Heat Wave as the only way within the soul to bring Fireball below a 2s cast time.
    Level 60/Rank 90 Guardian Mage * Level 60/Rank 62 Defiant Rogue * Level 60/Rank 86 Guardian Cleric
    Level 60/Rank 82 Defiant Warrior
    * Level 60/Rank 86 Guardian Rogue
    * Level 60/Rank 53 Defiant Mage
    Level 60/Rank 24 Guardian Warrior
    * Level 60/Rank 15 Defiant Cleric
    * Wolfsbane/Zaviel

I think its time Kervik stepped down as mage dev, we need fresh eyes on the mage soul, like what the other souls have been through.
    Last edited by Nnnxia; 07-02-2014 at 05:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nnnxia View Post
    I think its time Kervik stepped down as mage dev, we need fresh eyes on the mage soul, like what the other souls have been through.
    This time came long ago.
    -=[ Virulent - 65 - P100 | Harlakk - 65 - P100 | Ascaroth - 62 - P95 | Brahman - 65 - P92 ]=-
    -=[ VirulentX - 70 - P100 | Harlakk - 70 - P92 | Ascaroth - 60 - P10 | BrahmanX - 1 - P0 ]=-
    | VIRALIST: 65 |

Kinda agree. Making pyro a moblie soul with competitive dps for pvp and pve must be hella hard.

It was the only viable ST dps spec in PvP with burst. Now with the debilatate fest thats called pvp try getting a full channel of Fusilade or Flame Volley off. Ah well, they will push humpty dumpty off the wall again and try to rebuild them like other souls. Now instead of only getting a physician to %70 we will only get them to 90%. +1 for PvE Devs!!
    Enforcer | Schwarzeneggar | Enforced <-- Myrmidon

Tempagon PvP Video

Ascendant

You do realize Kervik is responsible for the current Pyro everyone loves and adores right?
    For defilemancer, pyro/dom, for making it so that Stormcaller is a hybridizing soul that created a hybrid Mage spec thats one of the top DPS specs?

I just thought you needed to know because its very clear that he's done a good job.

Quote Originally Posted by V1rul3n7 View Post
    This time came long ago.
    Can it. All you've done is moan and groan the entire time you've been in this forum.
    Seldom have I ever seen you speak anything good, and frankly, I think you're more suited to the Warrior forum with the likes of Dday and Majorin.

The both of you should keep quiet, just because you're not getting what you desire doesn't suggest Kervik has created a badly design soul.
    Heck, its not even close to the final version of Pyro, so you guys have no idea what else will come in.

Instead of constantly whining, throwing complaints, and trying to suggest someone loses their job, you should play the bloody game and provide actual feedback.
    I really hope no one in Trion even considers your opinion seriously, because its just destructive in its nature.
    Quote Originally Posted by wickede View Post
    please just stop posting your misinformation here
    Quote Originally Posted by Wickede
    how often you "snipe heals" is also important

Quote Originally Posted by Katosu View Post
    You do realize Kervik is responsible for the current Pyro everyone loves and adores right?
    For defilemancer, pyro/dom, for making it so that Stormcaller is a hybridizing soul that created a hybrid Mage spec thats one of the top DPS specs?

I just thought you needed to know because its very clear that he's done a good job.

Can it. All you've done is moan and groan the entire time you've been in this forum.
    Seldom have I ever seen you speak anything good, and frankly, I think you're more suited to the Warrior forum with the likes of Dday and Majorin.

The both of you should keep quiet, just because you're not getting what you desire doesn't suggest Kervik has created a badly design soul.
    Heck, its not even close to the final version of Pyro, so you guys have no idea what else will come in.

Instead of constantly whining, throwing complaints, and trying to suggest someone loses their job, you should play the bloody game and provide actual feedback.
    I really hope no one in Trion even considers your opinion seriously, because its just destructive in its nature.
    Says the rogue. Regardless Kervik has been the only class dev to not have changed over the course of Rift's lifespan. Whether this is healthy or not is debatable.

Stepping down as mage dev does not mean losing their job but could imply a rotation of class responsibilities. Eg. Vlad takes over mage soul development and Kervik takes over rogue. This way soul development would appear more cooperative and balanced to the masses instead of the two separate arms that it is now.
    Last edited by Nnnxia; 07-03-2014 at 05:22 PM.

Says the rogue. Regardless Kervik has been the only class dev to not have changed over the course of Rift's lifespan. Whether this is healthy or not is debatable.

Stepping down as mage dev does not mean losing their job but could imply a rotation of class responsibilities. Eg. Vlad takes over mage soul development and Kervik takes over rogue. This way soul development would appear more cooperative and balanced to the masses instead of the two separate arms that it is now.
    Exactly.

And Katosu, I know you're mad that I called you a naughty name, but it was more a statement of truth than an insult.
    -=[ Virulent - 65 - P100 | Harlakk - 65 - P100 | Ascaroth - 62 - P95 | Brahman - 65 - P92 ]=-
    -=[ VirulentX - 70 - P100 | Harlakk - 70 - P92 | Ascaroth - 60 - P10 | BrahmanX - 1 - P0 ]=-
    | VIRALIST: 65 |

Ascendant

Says the rogue.
    Says a fellow long time player.
    Every class in the game has gone through ups and downs.
    Warriors have dominated the game for the majority of the time.
    Rogues have been in the middle.
    Clerics ate it for the longest.
    Mages the second longest but they dominated PvE at several points in ways Clerics never got to do.

Regardless Kervik has been the only class dev to not have changed over the course of Rift's lifespan. Whether this is healthy or not is debatable.
    Hmm... a company has chosen not to fire an individual from their job.
    I wonder what it means?

Um... no.
    That would actually be a bad idea.
    Want an example?

Atrius and Aillion
    After Atrius was removed from his post, Aillion took it over and there was a very long time period where Warrior's were in flux due to many different problems.
    Firstly, it wasn't Aillion's design, so it took a long amount of time to tweak and alter Warriors.
    In fact, you can see the exact same thing occurring with Vladd!

When kervik took over Zinbik's post, Cleric's went through the same exact thing and guess what?

Cleric's are even better than they ever were in Zinbik's hands.
    If you are honestly trying to suggest that Kervik should be moved, then its an indication that you aren't seeing things clearly.

It would be a great loss if Kervik were to be fired/removed from Mage development.
    This is someone's job, and you're at the end of the consumer, not the employer. You don't have the view point to judge someone's work, let alone the information

If you feel that a better job can be done, why don't you apply to Trion? I will more than gladly admit to being wrong when your name flashes purple and you get Mage developer position.

Think its an indication when you're getting along with Viru of all people.

Quote Originally Posted by V1rul3n7 View Post
    And Katosu, I know you're mad that I called you a naughty name, but it was more a statement of truth than an insult.
    Um...I have no idea what you are referring to exactly.
    I don't take anything you say seriously when it comes to the game.
    Frankly...no one does either.
    Last edited by Katosu; 07-03-2014 at 05:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Katosu View Post
    Says a fellow long time player.
    Every class in the game has gone through ups and downs.
    Warriors have dominated the game for the majority of the time.
    Rogues have been in the middle.
    Clerics ate it for the longest.
    Mages the second longest but they dominated PvE at several points in ways Clerics never got to do.

Hmm... a company has chosen not to fire an individual from their job.
    I wonder what it means?

Um... no.
    That would actually be a bad idea.
    Want an example?

Atrius and Aillion
    After Atrius was removed from his post, Aillion took it over and there was a very long time period where Warrior's were in flux due to many different problems.
    Firstly, it wasn't Aillion's design, so it took a long amount of time to tweak and alter Warriors.
    In fact, you can see the exact same thing occurring with Vladd!

When kervik took over Zinbik's post, Cleric's went through the same exact thing and guess what?

Cleric's are even better than they ever were in Zinbik's hands.
    If you are honestly trying to suggest that Kervik should be moved, then its an indication that you aren't seeing things clearly.

It would be a great loss if Kervik were to be fired/removed from Mage development.
    This is someone's job, and you're at the end of the consumer, not the employer. You don't have the view point to judge someone's work, let alone the information

If you feel that a better job can be done, why don't you apply to Trion? I will more than gladly admit to being wrong when your name flashes purple and you get Mage developer position.

Think its an indication when you're getting along with Viru of all people.

Um...I have no idea what you are referring to exactly.
    I don't take anything you say seriously when it comes to the game.
    Frankly...no one does either.
    No matter how good Kervik is at his job, he is a human resource and may one day decide to move on with his career similar to what Ailion has done. This is simple reality, based on the quality of his work one cannot simply expect Kervik to stay at Rift forever.

I know you have beef with Viru, but at least he has displayed some modicum of skill through his pvp montages. Whereas it is difficult for me to address you directly as I have no idea how skilled or progressed you actually are.

Ascendant

No matter how good Kervik is at his job, he is a human resource and may one day decide to move on with his career similar to what Ailion has done.
    That is an entirely different tangent than the one you are suggesting Nnxia.
    Suggesting that Kervik be moved from the Mage position is entirely different from him choosing to do so himself.

In one, you are making the demand because you are unsatisfied.
    In the latter, it is because Kervik is unsatisfied and chooses to go.

I know you have beef with Viru,
    I don't actually. I am sure Viru is a great guy outside the game. When it comes to the game, I see him as biased, as do many other individuals.

Whereas it is difficult for me to address you directly as I have no idea how skilled or progressed you actually are.
    That is no concern of yours, or anyone else's for that matter.
    The game is nothing but math, and skill cannot change math.

Though if you are curious, don't worry, I can put numbers up if I have the gear to do it. Pity, I do not as I hold no position in a top 5 guild. I much prefer it that way.
    Last edited by Katosu; 07-03-2014 at 06:31 PM.

No one remembers the original warrior dev these days, Sweets.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast