+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: pyro changes slap in the face

Rift Disciple

I have only 2 requests on pyro:

- Keep the mobility
    - Don't lower the DPS

The rest, I honestly do NOT care one bit...

Was it a beardslap to the face?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTnIjqEA4Ro
    Boom goes the cylindrical, chemically explosive object

Quote Originally Posted by Ephir View Post
    I have only 2 requests on pyro:

- Keep the mobility
    - Don't lower the DPS

The rest, I honestly do NOT care one bit...
    Mobility is going away, and DPS will be adjusted accordingly. Pyro has simply too much mobility as it is. It will feel like a traditional, turret ranged spec that hits people in the face.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Techie Will View Post
    Mobility is going away, and DPS will be adjusted accordingly. Pyro has simply too much mobility as it is. It will feel like a traditional, turret ranged spec that hits people in the face.
    Yes, I know mobility is going away... and so will that soul from my list of mage souls to play, simple as that.

If I want to play statue, I can paint myself grey and go outside. At least I'll get some actual money out of it.

Yes, I know mobility is going away... and so will that soul from my list of mage souls to play, simple as that.

If I want to play statue, I can paint myself grey and go outside. At least I'll get some actual money out of it.
    It will not be as static as that. You should go see it on the public test shard.

You have a ton of options if a movement phase comes up but you have to think about it now instead of running around spamming a macro.

This revision of pyromancer is much more refined than the last and actually feels like playing a mage instead of running around free reign like several rogue specs.

You only have to stop to cast fireballs...

It will have enough mobility for a full 61 pt build being glass cannon viable. It will also hybridize very well with arbiter, aka the pyrobiter build I've posted.
    Illusive - EQ - retired, Illu - EQ2 - retired
    Illusive - Vanguard SoH - retired
    Illusive - AoC - retired
    Illusive - WoW - retired
    IllusiveEQ - Rift - current

Shield of Telara

Horrible mobility cant cast any fireball while moving, good bye to our lovely flashfire , only 1 stun and in general kervik got rid of most of our cc, mana starving , crap defense slow cast , pyro mages will get assassinated on pvp, now I guess pyro will be crap in pvp and pyro gonna be turret in pve so if you have to move good BYE DPS. Look what vladd did to tempest very good mobility and very good dps . Why mages have to be turret with no mobility dps? I wish vladd fix mages souls honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by elfaraon View Post
    Horrible mobility cant cast any fireball while moving, good bye to our lovely flashfire , only 1 stun and in general kervik got rid of most of our cc, mana starving , crap defense slow cast , pyro mages will get assassinated on pvp, now I guess pyro will be crap in pvp and pyro gonna be turret in pve so if you have to move good BYE DPS. Look what vladd did to tempest very good mobility and very good dps . Why mages have to be turret with no mobility dps? I wish vladd fix mages souls honestly.
    If you want tempest, take it the way it is now, wet noodle, squishy and starving hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Godgrinder View Post
    If you want tempest, take it the way it is now, wet noodle, squishy and starving hard.*
    *In PvP combat

Fixed that for you.

Also back on topic, if you guys want to see how crazy Pyro can be right now go on the PTS and check it out.

Ascendant

which is freaking awesome. Awesome enough to get me to log back in and play for the first time in months once 2.8 comes along. That is what pyro was and should always have been.
    Last edited by Gruntled; 07-08-2014 at 10:59 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frailaq View Post

tl;dr - Trion should do this: Melee = Turret Ranged > Mobile Ranged

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by IllusiveEQ View Post
    You only have to stop to cast fireballs...

It will have enough mobility for a full 61 pt build being glass cannon viable. It will also hybridize very well with arbiter, aka the pyrobiter build I've posted.
    I don't use fireballs a lot to be honest, there are other faster cast/better spells out there. I tend to use them when I don't have to move a bunch which... isn't often...

Also, not everyone buys soul packs... and I'm one of those people. I surely won't throw money into a soul pack just because of the changes to pyromancer.

If the mobility is lost only on the fireballs (which with its hard cast already makes them a "no go unless you can stand like a statue), I'm willing to give it a try.
    If the mobility is lost all over and the pyro turns into a statue to make any kind of meaningful DPS, I'm throwing it away.

People have different play styles and some of us don't like to be sitting ducks...
    Last edited by Ephir; 07-08-2014 at 11:41 PM.

Telaran

[...]

People have different play styles and some of us don't like to be sitting ducks...
    Yeah I know this people, they called rogues. Try one;)

Quote Originally Posted by Gruntled View Post
    which is freaking awesome. Awesome enough to get me to log back in and play for the first time in months once 2.8 comes along. That is what pyro was and should always have been.
    Dreams can come true.

You might want to try the new SC that'll be coming along before 2.8, too.

If the mobility is lost only on the fireballs (which with its hard cast already makes them a "no go unless you can stand like a statue), I'm willing to give it a try.
    Every spell is mobile except for Fireball.
    Last edited by Ianto Jones; 07-09-2014 at 04:29 PM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto Jones View Post
    Every spell is mobile except for Fireball.
    If it's like that, then there will be no changes to my play style except getting used to the new way things work.
    I'm not a min/max person or a raider so I don't care about that +0.00001% DPS and I don't like to rely on only one spell/skill.
    On top of it, fireball was always low on my priority for casting. Good to know that it's the only spell going turret...

*In PvP combat

Fixed that for you.

Also back on topic, if you guys want to see how crazy Pyro can be right now go on the PTS and check it out.
    Exactly but who cares about pve pyro when you have harb and lock?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast