+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Dream Orbs: Thought compilation.

Default Dream Orbs: Thought compilation.

Dream Orbs

2. Variable stats
    3. Usable on more than 1 piece.
    4. Give multiple when crafted.
    5. Stats can vary in amount they give[like ranging from 50 str and 20 attack power to 60 str and 30 attack power]

DISLIKES:
    1. The stats you get are RnG based. Can you make them so you can craft specific stats? May end up costing a ton to get the stat set you want.

Suggestion:
    1. Add in daily and weekly quests.
    2. Add in a crafting rift for this skill[the old crafting rifts are tired and old]
    3. Perhaps another vendor selling crafting recipes that cost Artisan marks, Master marks, and Grandmaster Marks.

Will be adding thoughts on other PTS add-ons as I test them.
    Grouper - Warrior - WarCry
    Hey guys, I'm not actively raiding atm due to my injuries from the drunk driver. I am recovering fast tho and am on quite a bit more now. Shoot me a tell if you see me on!

Great... more rng. rng box, rng gift and now rng raid consumables. If you really want rng at least give us a way to go around it, even if it's more expensive to craft or cost more credits etc. I'm really sick of this added rng in every aspect of the game.

ADDED SUGGESTION:
    1. Add another skill slot. Deleting a 375 skill will hurt on live shard.
    Last edited by Torn Apart; 12-23-2013 at 08:46 PM.
    Hey guys, I'm not actively raiding atm due to my injuries from the drunk driver. I am recovering fast tho and am on quite a bit more now. Shoot me a tell if you see me on!

Quote Originally Posted by Torn Apart View Post
    ADDED SUGGESTION:
    1. Add another skill slot. Deleting a 375 skill will hurt on live shard.
    Addressed by Faratha.

Rift Master

I like the RNG aspect of it. Would love more RNG in crafting tbh.

Daily/Weekly quests for Dream Weaving would make baby Jesus cry.

Ascendant

May end up costing a ton to get the stat set you want]
    thats kind of the point, you either spend a lot of money or a lot of time for the coruscating shards and artifacts to craft them, which in turn keeps the random dungeon queue moving, the sale of artifacts and shards moving and the sale of REX moving

I hate it already, I hate crafting RNG, its not like the game is lacking in the RNG department and needs more to spice things up, there is already RNG overload.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frailaq View Post

tl;dr - Trion should do this: Melee = Turret Ranged > Mobile Ranged

Plane Touched

So... How would a non-RNG version of Dream Orbs avoid rendering Runecrafters irrelevant?

Quote Originally Posted by neverwhere2012 View Post
    So... How would a non-RNG version of Dream Orbs avoid rendering Runecrafters irrelevant?
    Because they stack... so you will still need both.
    Soulraiser - 60 Cleric // Soulslayer - 60 Warrior // Soulshadow 60 Mage
    Faeblight NA
    http://www.dargaardknights.com
    Visit our recruiting thread HERE

Quote Originally Posted by Jonus View Post
    Terrible. "BUY CREDITS so you can get this skill..." or delete the 375 skill you put a lot of work and plat into.

Terrible. "BUY CREDITS so you can get this skill..." or delete the 375 skill you put a lot of work and plat into.
    Or make an alt and level dreamweaving on it, craft on it, send consumables to main

????

profit?
    The only rogue troll who does better with his warrior and plays his warrior more then his rogue.

Kaesola@Deepwood (Formerly Kaesoia/Kaesola@Wolfsbane); Miafereen@Wolfsbane (Formerly Malesh@Laethys)

Rift Disciple

What i have to say in Regard to this is inless i died and went to heaven leveling professions in this game is a total joke and be happy most games only allow 2 professions anyways. but has someone said already i have alt with my professions i didnt wanna put on my main and it works np at all so not sure whats so hard about that.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by neverwhere2012 View Post
    rune unsocketing apparatus and the runes dropping from lock boxes pretty much rendered them irrelevant already
    Quote Originally Posted by Frailaq View Post

tl;dr - Trion should do this: Melee = Turret Ranged > Mobile Ranged

Rift Disciple

Game is free to play. It requires work for them to put in new content (such as a new crafting skill). They must pay people to work (developer families gota eat too). They aren't even requiring people to flat out pay for the new skill, you could max it on a toon that doesn't already have all their tradeskils slots used and it would be just as useful. So you get the opportunity to pay for the luxury of having the new tradeskill (which cost them money to develop) on the same character as you already have 3+ tradeskills already. Sounds fair to me.

DISLIKES:
    1. The stats you get are RnG based. Can you make them so you can craft specific stats? May end up costing a ton to get the stat set you want.
    To me this is the best part of the whole deal. Nearly infinite demand as people with the resources will continue to take a shot at getting a best stat-ed set. Those already with money will have an opportunity to use that money to make actual improvements to their stats, while those without will have a greater opportunity to sell artifacts/coruscating to those willing to gamble for slightly higher stats. Wealth has a chance at becoming more spread out (weekly cap on coruscating aids this to an extent), and it's guaranteed the market will have more movement. This will be a great juxtaposition to the current state of runecrafting.

Soulwalker

Ive seen a BIS for T1/T2 epic and relic with the max stats you can get per piece. I got DW maxed to do my own testing of those numbers. I made 12 combines so less than 1 weeks worth of ESMarks, that made 96 orbs. My char has a good mostly T1 tank and dps set as well as a freelancer/warlord mix PvP set. I was able to get the max stats listed from the guys testing sheet OR something very close to that on both tank and dps sets then got str/end combos on the PvP gear and had maybe 8 orbs left over.

Granted this is a single test run, but it doesn't seem horrible to get the stat you want, and this gives some value to artifacts and orbs.

Also consider these stats are above and beyond any content we have atm. Will it be factored into future tier of raids that you should have best orbs for dps checks? probably. But for current content its "gravy".

So couple things here, the Dream orbs are permanent once applied to an item, they aren't temporary.

As for the RNG is it very minimal, on T2 relic gear you are talking a difference of about 10-15 stat from worst possible to best possible. So even if you have horrible luck, I usually do, you won't be missing a huge amount of the possible stats.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast