+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree91Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Dream Weaver

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Shaidar Haran View Post
    Thanks for this Noshei. I know that changes may still be done before 2.6 with these numbers. To any mathematicians, please let us know what the best way is to convert ribbons for leveling.

Would it be most efficient to just do it the way most prolly would think and salvage the whites to level up with or is it more mathematically sound to salvage an orange artifact at lower levels?

One orange @Level 0-75 = 50 = 50 Whites.
    One orange @Level 375 = 75 = 25 Whites.

If someone does find this kind of math elementary, it would be a Godsend if you broke it down per skill level (0-75) and which conversion ratio is best at that skill level. SO it'd look something like:

Skill Level 0-75:

white - green
    white - blue
    white - purple
    white - orange

green - blue
    green - purple
    green - orange

and so on for the skill levels 0-75.

A break down of which Level bracket has the best ratio for each color of artifact and such

In a perfect world you would give your artifacts to a friend who is already 375 to break them down for you. In a not so perfect world you would want to break your most rare artifacts at the earlier stages since they scale the slowest.

eg. at skill level 0 a relic artifact is worth the same as 50 white artifacts, where at 300+ skill those same 50 white artifacts are worth double the mats that the relic is worth.

Sharing a Trick to keep your artifacts, and as many as you want ready for Dreamweaving

Just mail it to an alt, and let it rot there, Send as many, its limited to 6 per, but still, when it launch, just log your alt, and all mail it back

The patch should be before 30 days anyway normally

<3, Exxy
    The Balance Of Life

I Speak The Trout, I Smell The Truth

Sword of Telara Aphrodite Rising's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Trippet View Post
    Using only orange recipes to level 260 and then risking missing point gains after that and going 5 points further when the recipe turned yellow I used 4,748 ribbons to get to 375. I only had one 'miss' with a yellow recipe. **This count excludes level ups for dimension keys.** All I can say is thank goodness I could copy my artifact alt to test over and over and over again as I had mostly white artifacts.

There were a couple sticky spots for leveling, but overall I didn't have any issues. Nothing like when you were leveling old world style to 300 and went green super early and had to buy a recipe from the store to finish it out. This was relatively straightforward with just a couple spots that burned through a large number of ribbons to get to that next recipe.

Breaking down that many artifacts was a tedious grind. If there is any way an artifact crunching machine could be made that would be the bee's knees! As a loose example: At level 1, insert 10 white artifacts, get 10 ribbons. At level 301, insert 10 whites, get 30 ribbons.

With the Dream Weaving dimensions being mostly empty it would be a hoot and a holler to be able to craft buildings. At present it seems we're just crafting effects, which is fine and dandy, but would be even niftier with constructs. I know there are some which are purchasable, but the selection is small and having more options sure wouldn't hurt my feelings.

Along the way I didn't come across any issues in the crafting itself. Someone previously mentioned the placement blocks not disappearing and I also encountered that bug.

Several of the effects were lost on me, even with ultra graphics settings. I couldn't see the death or underwater paint, for example.

Floating blue motes are Everywhere - they cover a large area at the default setting. I think they're marvelous, but for small dims they'll have to be sized down if there's a specific area they're intended for.

In addition to the ribbons I went through:

67 Burlap Bolts
    10 Gantimite Bars
    10 Tempest Flowers
    10 Wool Bolts
    15 Copper Bars
    15 mahogany lumber
    15 med leather
    15 thick leather
    15 thin leather
    20 cobalt bars
    20 drakefoot stems
    20 kingswood lumber
    20 sagebrush lumber
    3 Powdernose Crabs (Moorleapers work, too)
    30 Cotton Bolts
    4 electric dragonfish
    45 Striped Leather
    5 composite cloth bolts
    5 gold bars

Incidentally, for those who Didn't know (and if it hasn't been mentioned already - I really did try to read all the comments, but just didn't make it through), changing your dungeon difficulty to master and entering the Golem Foundry will make Mr. SL Raid 1 available and he has all the dimension keys, dream orbs and craftable dimension items (even the credit-only items) available for a measly 3 gold pieces so you can preview and play without having to level the skill. Such a giver, that guy.
    This is a nice informative post.. I have heard people saying it only took them like 60-75 artifacts to max from 1-375. From my experience, even if you use mostly epic artifacts it would take hundreds.. something I am missing from these other people?
    Achievements, Best keyboard turner WW, lowest dps WW

GM of World First guild to reach level 25, formally Blood Storm Troopers
    I can only use one button, so I play Sab!

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Exxyy View Post
    Sharing a Trick to keep your artifacts, and as many as you want ready for Dreamweaving

Just mail it to an alt, and let it rot there, Send as many, its limited to 6 per, but still, when it launch, just log your alt, and all mail it back

The patch should be before 30 days anyway normally

<3, Exxy
    Not exactly true. There's a mail limit. I used to hit it all the time via auctions.

Quote Originally Posted by Zerosum View Post
    Not exactly true. There's a mail limit. I used to hit it all the time via auctions.
    There is one on how many messages you can send in a certain time frame, I don't know of any on how many messages you can have in your inbox. If there is a limit on how many messages you can have in your inbox it would have to be in the 300+ range.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Noshei View Post
    There is one on how many messages you can send in a certain time frame, I don't know of any on how many messages you can have in your inbox. If there is a limit on how many messages you can have in your inbox it would have to be in the 300+ range.
    I think it is 500. I have hit it many times with my AH alt, especially when I had over 6k artifacts.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrodite Rising View Post
    This is a nice informative post.. I have heard people saying it only took them like 60-75 artifacts to max from 1-375. From my experience, even if you use mostly epic artifacts it would take hundreds.. something I am missing from these other people?
    The 160% Skill vial is a huge help. With the 160% it takes me less than 2,000 ribbons to get to 375, and that is including making at least one of everything except the keys. If you just broke oranges, that would be a total of 31, if broken when needed. For purples, it is 80.

Prophet of Telara Shaidar Haran's Avatar

HI all, just counted up my artifacts to date and here is the list: What I am looking for and may not have been clear is a way to find MAximum Ribbon Conversion. This way after leveling up to 375, I still want to have as many ribbons as I can for making stuff.

Blues: 51
    White: 523
    Green: 214

I'm not sure if Keegantir's post #101 or 100 would cover this.
    My Hand Reaches Far...

Quote Originally Posted by Amary View Post
    There's typically no warning for unexpected crashes.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Accol View Post
    I think leaving the system alone will be for the best.

Currently white artifacts are the most cost effective because they are the most repeated when farming artifact sets. For example when I farmed the Fae Yule sets I got 6-10 of each white artifact while looking for the blue artifact to complete the set. If salvaging is changed so that the blue artifacts are just as cost effective to break down, then the excess white artifacts would go to waste further increasing the cost of blues and reducing the cost of whites.

Artifact markets are already changing significantly imo. If you look at the min cost of white artifacts and compare to the min cost of blues lately I'd say the whites are gaining a lot of ground on the auction house. When DW goes live you want people to break down the repeated white drops rather than break down the already very rare and expensive blues and purples.
    I think you are missing what I am saying. I am not as concerned with what is common now, as much as what DW is going to do to the artifact markets, and as a result what it is going to do to those who want to buy artifacts for the sets (especially new players). A month ago, you could complete your first 100 sets with about a 100 plat. After this goes live the way it is, if what I am expecting to happen to the markets happens, you are going to be able to finish around 10 sets for 100 plat. In the long run, this is going to reduce the price of blues (less people will be collectors and with their lower ribbon payout they will not be wanted for DR).

An alternative would be to raise the reward for artifact sets (with retroactive to those that have already collected them). This would give people a reason to get into artifacts once they become cost prohibitive.

I say all of this as someone that is 9 sets short of completeing all of the artifact sets in the game and knowing what it is like to spend thousands upon thousands of plat on artifacts. If prices had been higher when I started seriously collecting, I would never have started. That is what I'm worried this will do, due to the current ribbon ratios making whites the best by a long shot. Lets say that this pushes white artifact prices up to 1 plat (it is going to go higher than that short term, but I think that is about what they will settle at long term), that would mean that greens only become better at less than 1.33 plat, blues at less than 3 plat, purples at less than 9.33 plat, and oranges at less than 25 plat.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Shaidar Haran View Post
    HI all, just counted up my artifacts to date and here is the list: What I am looking for and may not have been clear is a way to find MAximum Ribbon Conversion. This way after leveling up to 375, I still want to have as many ribbons as I can for making stuff.

Blues: 51
    White: 523
    Green: 214

I'm not sure if Keegantir's post #101 or 100 would cover this.
    I retract some of what I said in post 100. When you are looking at the most left over, not caring about costs of artifacts, when you already have a bunch of artifacts (only white, green, and blue), then the best way would be:
    0-75: Blues (max is only a 180% increase instead of 300% for whites and 200% for greens)
    76-150: Greens (max is only a 133% increase instead of 300% for whites and 150% for blues)
    151-225: Blues (max is 129% for blues, 150% for whites, and 133% for greens)
    226-300: Greens (greens are at max, blues are 113% to max and whites are 150%)
    301+: All are max

Lets see if the formatting on this comes out right. These are the percents that max is an increase of, for each rarity at each level (higher numbers mean worse conversions).

Skill..........White.......Green......Blue........ .Purple.....Orange
    1-75........300%.......200%.......180%.......140%... ....150%
    76-150....300%.......133%.......150%.......127%...... .136%
    151-225..150%.......133%.......129%.......117%........ 125%
    226-300..150%.......100%.......113%........108%....... 117%

I used primarily white artifacts at the beginning because I knew the later recipes were going to take a larger number of artifacts and the uncommon and rare quality were going to give me a better yield. Thanks to Fae Yule I also had a ridiculous number of whites. I had no purple or orange to work with (haven't found many and the ones I Have found I collected).

Regardless of the artifact quality, the ribbon count is going to be roughly the same without experience vials. Crafting keys will bloat the count.

I also broke down only what I needed because I didn't know where the breaks were going to be for getting more ribbons from the artifact - I didn't want to waste any. Now that I know where I'll start getting more bang for my buck I can plan the artifact usage better. If I find enough green+ before 2.6 is released I'll use those instead because breaking down the whites is so monotonous and I'd like to feel like I get a better payment for my efforts when they give 3 ribbons. Personal choice.

Here's an idea of the breakdown I experienced. Each level includes the artifacts used from the previous tier. I Think I have the white / green / blue right, but I am not sure:

1 - 75 = ~444 ribbons
    76 - 150 = ~1,339 ribbons
    151 - 225 = ~2,239 ribbons (white started giving 2 ribbons, green 3, blue 7)
    226 - 300 = ~3,376 ribbons (green gave 4 and blue gave 8 ribbons)
    301 - 375 = ~4,478 ribbons (white gave 3, green gave 4 and blue gave 9 ribbons)
    Try to leave things better than you found them.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by keegantir View Post
    I think you are missing what I am saying. I am not as concerned with what is common now, as much as what DW is going to do to the artifact markets, and as a result what it is going to do to those who want to buy artifacts for the sets (especially new players). A month ago, you could complete your first 100 sets with about a 100 plat. After this goes live the way it is, if what I am expecting to happen to the markets happens, you are going to be able to finish around 10 sets for 100 plat. In the long run, this is going to reduce the price of blues (less people will be collectors and with their lower ribbon payout they will not be wanted for DR).

An alternative would be to raise the reward for artifact sets (with retroactive to those that have already collected them). This would give people a reason to get into artifacts once they become cost prohibitive.

I say all of this as someone that is 9 sets short of completeing all of the artifact sets in the game and knowing what it is like to spend thousands upon thousands of plat on artifacts. If prices had been higher when I started seriously collecting, I would never have started. That is what I'm worried this will do, due to the current ribbon ratios making whites the best by a long shot. Lets say that this pushes white artifact prices up to 1 plat (it is going to go higher than that short term, but I think that is about what they will settle at long term), that would mean that greens only become better at less than 1.33 plat, blues at less than 3 plat, purples at less than 9.33 plat, and oranges at less than 25 plat.
    Because most individual artifact sets require white, green and blue artifacts to complete just one set, DW is going to increase the AH cost to complete a set no matter what rarity increases in cost.

A salvaging system that favors white artifacts will increase the cost of whites and leave others mostly alone. A salvaging system that favors all rarities based on current costs will change all costs. No matter what system you choose the total cost increases equally.

Even with white artifacts increasing to 1p+ they are still very affordable. imo the biggest challenge to artifact collectors is the cost and availability of the blue arts which shouldn't be affected too much with current DW salvaging rules since white arts are the better choice.

Rift Disciple

An alternative would be to raise the reward for artifact sets (with retroactive to those that have already collected them). This would give people a reason to get into artifacts once they become cost prohibitive. '

This what I have been asking for... Incentive to continue to collect artifacts. Rewards like in the old days. Even being able to buy recipes with horseshoes. Have most artifact sets reward a unique dim item. After SL the only real reason to collect sets was the OCD in me.

Without this... artifacts are just another metal/wood/leather/cloth....

Irie

Sword of Telara Aphrodite Rising's Avatar

it would however be nice, as someone i believe earlier posted, to be able to salvage in bulk. I am not sure that can be done since the white's have different names, but.. if they made a special bag perhaps for just keeping artifacts in perhaps, you could have some ability to salvage everything in that bag.

This sounds to me even confusing, but maybe some thoughts will come out of it, because i feel bad for people who have to break/salvage 4000 whites
    Achievements, Best keyboard turner WW, lowest dps WW

GM of World First guild to reach level 25, formally Blood Storm Troopers
    I can only use one button, so I play Sab!

it would however be nice, as someone i believe earlier posted, to be able to salvage in bulk. I am not sure that can be done since the white's have different names, but.. if they made a special bag perhaps for just keeping artifacts in perhaps, you could have some ability to salvage everything in that bag.

This sounds to me even confusing, but maybe some thoughts will come out of it, because i feel bad for people who have to break/salvage 4000 whites
    I think they would be able to do it based on logic. The items are already marked as 'artifact' so they would only need to add exclusions for the Meridian / Sanctum fast respawning artifacts. There's a set crafting level at which whites, for example, yield 1, 2 or 3 ribbons so the logic would get a count of the artifacts for x rarity and multiply that count by the value of the artifact based on the Dream Weaver's skill level.

I broke down mostly whites and my artifact break was set to '2' so it was a lot of 2 click 2 click 2 click 2 click . . . . I could feel the zombification process beginning behind my eyes. It certainly would sort out the dedicated crafters if a bulk breaker isn't introduced.
    Try to leave things better than you found them.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast