+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast
Like Tree91Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Dream Weaver

Trophy Fish did not count as artifacts and could not be broken down.

Critter tears CAN be broken down. In fact, since I don't stockpile artifacts on Live (yet), I borrowed about 100 critter tears from the guild bank to copy for leveling on PTS. All my dreams were crafted from a river of 1600 squirrel tears. I can't say that I would recommend farming critters for it, the patron bonus is probably far more effective.

Shalistiri Mirage : The Light in the Dark : Camp Catari : Dwarven Ladies Club: RP - The Basilicini of Bahralt : Lycini Townhouse : Peter, Peter, Pumpkin Eater : The Paarrrrsing Deck : Fuji Dojo : Cherry Breeze Estate on Faeblight

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Xenoheart View Post
    My questions and suggestions so far:

3) Allow us to break down DIM items!!! Granted since we can directly purchase dim items from a NPC for say a few gold or even silver in some cases, what kind of "breakdowns" arrive from dim items may need to be directly related to how much that item costs via other means or rarity of drop. It should be easy to scale I'd imagine. Just take the highest priced items and lowest in order, and make bottom 4th do the first set, next drops the next, and top 4th drops the best stuff. Then for drop only items, make it based on rarity. I think dim items will sell a lot more on the AH this way as well. Because now it'll have a price as a crafting need vs the demand to only have it in your dim.

BETTER YET!!: You could regulate this more easily by making it such that only crafted dim items break down. Then the materials generated would be directly scalable off the skill level required to craft that dim item. This could also be scalable likewise off of dropped dim items just like drop based gear able to be broken down. This way people wont abuse the NPCs for overtly easy access to dream weaving mats and just doing those has the added advantage of not needing nearly as much developer time to assess as the whole arrangement of NPC purchasable dim items. (<--crafting devs read this paragraph!)
    Didn't see a response to this ......... really like the idea...... would be useful.

Shadowlander

Can I attach a dream orb and a rune to the equipment? Or only one of them?

Quote Originally Posted by amiyagi View Post
    Can I attach a dream orb and a rune to the equipment? Or only one of them?
    Both. Dream Orbs description also have to point out on which items you can use it.

5.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #35

Hello, aspiring Dream Weavers!

I have more Dream Weaver information to share -

General Info
    • Dream Weaving will go live with 2.6.
    • Crafting Skill Spheres will work with Dream Weaving. This fix should be in with the next patch.
    • We are aware that players have unused dimension items in abundance and we're thinking about solutions for it. Dimension item salvaging is not in the cards for the Dream Weaver.
    • If you want all the tradeskills on one character, you will need to buy a total of 7 Trade Skill Extensions for that character.
      • There are 12 total tradeskills.
      • There are 2 tradeskills (Fishing and Survival) that don't take up tradeskill slots.
      • 3 tradeskill slots are free.
      • That leaves 7 slots you'll need extensions for.

Artifacts
    • We are in the process of adjusting drop rates for certain artifacts so the system becomes more fair. This should address the critter tear issue.
    • All trophy fish will be salvageable with the next patch to PTS.
    • Nearly all artifacts are salvageable, including Twisted artifacts. Exceptions include artifacts that respawn very quickly.

Recipes
    • We do not intend to sell Dream Weaver recipes for crafting marks. Thus, there are no Dream Weaver dailies.
    • Most Dream Weaver recipes will be on the trainer, with a few special recipes sold via the Rift Store and other methods.
    • Dream Weavers start crafting Dream Orbs at the Master rank. Characters are expected (but not required) to be around level 40 when they hit Master. All Dream Orbs are applicable to gear level 40 and up.
    Lisa Boleyn - Senior Systems Designer

Quote Originally Posted by Faratha View Post

Dream Weavers start crafting Dream Orbs at the Master rank. Characters are expected (but not required) to be around level 40 when they hit Master. All Dream Orbs are applicable to gear level 40 and up.
    Gear=: Helmet, Shoulders, Chest, Gloves, Legs and Feet.

Ascendant

If we are not able to salvage the dimension items, I do hope you are going to vendor value them for better returns as we make more...sadly it makes no sense.

Rift Disciple

The dimensions that you can create with the new Dreamweaver skill are great, but I would suggest a very simple change to one of the crafted dims that would make it GREATLY better:

Take the Anywhere dim, and do one simple thing: put the current terrain under about 30 ft of water. That's it.

That one change will let you do so much. You could make islands or really anything that could make use of a swimmable lake/ocean/water. But you can't really do anything with it as a dry plain as it is now.

As additional craftable items, I'd also suggest adding some terrain textures as well: sandy, grassy, and so forth.

Please make this change, or offer it as an additional craftable dim.

Quote Originally Posted by Videssian View Post
    Take the Anywhere dim, and do one simple thing: put the current terrain under about 30 ft of water. That's it.
    I second this! This would make it PERFECT!!
    "I'm not sure where I am.. But it's much more fun this way!" ~Aazu

First I want to say OMGosh this dream weaving is amazing. You guys so out did your self's. Second Thank you for taking the time to post here Faratha I know you must be crazy busy. Thank you for bring it to the so pts early. I also loved seeing all the rainbow colors around people who were lvling up it was so cute. Any concerns I had were already answered. I love that you gave us a profession.

Are there plans on having a Faratha npc in the future because I sure would like to have you in my dim to hug for the fairy sparkles. I know you are the figure head for dimensioneers in RIFT, but since we dont know who the other people who make our dreams come true. Can you tell them from me thank you so very much for their hard work to. We totally appreciate them also.
    Last edited by Kitasia; 12-19-2013 at 03:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Videssian View Post
    Incoming Water volume cubes/pyramids/cones/spheres! :O How awesome would that be? Create your own hot tub, pools, lakes/etc.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Faratha View Post
    Recipes
    • Most Dream Weaver recipes will be on the trainer, with a few special recipes sold via the Rift Store and other methods.

how did I know lol..

I submitted feedback in-game on the PTS, but for thoroughness' sake, I'll post here as well:

Is it Trion's intention to push all Dream Weavers into buying at least one tradeskill slot extension? Because as the skill stands now, it requires you to (unless you go the Auction route) have Mining, Foraging, and Outfitter (and fishing, but we'll ignore it since it's free) in addition to Dream Weaver if you want to be able to make everything and have a smooth leveling progression.

Granted, when this goes live it won't affect me greatly because I do have an alt with Outfitter that I can get refined cloth from without having to purchase an extra additional trade slot on top of the one I'll have to buy for Dream Weaver, but I feel that if the name of the game is accessibility, there are two ways you can go about making the tradeskill more accessible:

1: change the cloth material requirements to the equivalent amount of unrefined cloth as requiring two gathering skills on top of Dream Weaver is enough

or,

2: add additional recipes at the levels that have recipes requiring cloth which instead require other gathered materials and vice versa. This gives those with fewer tradeskill slots alternate paths to level Dream Weaver without absolutely requiring specific support skills.

Quote Originally Posted by The Real Viz Shady View Post

how did I know lol..
    Given the nature of this profession and what the recipes will probably be, I'm willing to at least *see* if I can give them a pass for this.

Quote Originally Posted by shienak View Post
    I submitted feedback in-game on the PTS, but for thoroughness' sake, I'll post here as well:

Is it Trion's intention to push all Dream Weavers into buying at least one tradeskill slot extension? Because as the skill stands now, it requires you to (unless you go the Auction route) have Mining, Foraging, and Outfitter (and fishing, but we'll ignore it since it's free) in addition to Dream Weaver if you want to be able to make everything and have a smooth leveling progression.
    Clearly.

Orrrr... make an alt.

You know this though. Just wanted to reinforce the idea that yeah, Trion probably kinda sorta *does* want people to buy tradeskill extensions. :P
    Maeloda ~ Defiant Kelari Male Rogue ~ Level 60 (Expert) ~ Faeblight ~ Prismatic Legion

GSB 5/5, GP 4/4, DH 4/4, RoS* 4/4 || HK 2/11, RotP 0/4 || ID 0/8, PF 0/4 ||| FT 0/4, TotSQ 4/4, EE 0/5, I-DH 0/4 || GA 0/4, TIG 0/3, PBB 0/5 ||| BOB 0/4
    * = Conqueror

I dont mind buying a trade skill slot. Matter of fact I planed on it. And for having special recipes store credit only. That makes me sooo much happier then making special dim items credit only. Especially since morphers dont use one or two items, many times we use 10 to 100. I hope they are gift able. These will make awesome prizes for player based dim contests.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast