+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree91Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Dream Weaver

Is this just testing or will Dream Weaving be in 2.6?

My questions and suggestions so far:

Questions:

1) Will this be a slot-free craft? (similar to survival and fishing) or will this be a slot consuming craft?

2) If its a slot consuming craft, will the cap be raised so we can purchase another slot?

3) Will a credit consumable also be implemented to be able to remove really desirable orbs from equipment when upgrading like we can with runes?

4) Is there a level limit imposed on dream weaving orbs? I haven't tested yet so maybe others can answer this for me. I'd assume you wouldn't intend for the master level ones to be able to be equipped on newb armor.

Suggestions:

1) Implement PVP based orbs as well for all level ranges. Maybe it could cost some real world materials, but instead of corusciating marks, maybe it could consume favor or marks of conquest? or an item you can buy with favor.

2) Implement something useful it can craft for conquest. I think crafting has taken a major back seat in conquest compared to what it did (mostly due to lack of safe shard farming which I believe was intended mostly for non-pvpers and crafters, and lack of CQ power contribution to those that explicitly set time aside to "craft" boost their team instead of actively engage in the front lines. Most that also focus on shard gathering and crafting just get booted from conquest anyway).

3) Allow us to break down DIM items!!! Granted since we can directly purchase dim items from a NPC for say a few gold or even silver in some cases, what kind of "breakdowns" arrive from dim items may need to be directly related to how much that item costs via other means or rarity of drop. It should be easy to scale I'd imagine. Just take the highest priced items and lowest in order, and make bottom 4th do the first set, next drops the next, and top 4th drops the best stuff. Then for drop only items, make it based on rarity. I think dim items will sell a lot more on the AH this way as well. Because now it'll have a price as a crafting need vs the demand to only have it in your dim.

BETTER YET!!: You could regulate this more easily by making it such that only crafted dim items break down. Then the materials generated would be directly scalable off the skill level required to craft that dim item. This could also be scalable likewise off of dropped dim items just like drop based gear able to be broken down. This way people wont abuse the NPCs for overtly easy access to dream weaving mats and just doing those has the added advantage of not needing nearly as much developer time to assess as the whole arrangement of NPC purchasable dim items. (<--crafting devs read this paragraph!)

4) Maybe add even more desirable interactable dim items to this profession like:
    -Sled nodes to grant sled buff to users for five minutes or until they cancel the buff.
    -NPCs or nodes as another mentioned with the red cone sensors for interesting puzzle making.
    Xenohart
    http://www.fractureguild.enjin.com/ | twitch.tv/xenohartgaming
    4/4 TDQ | 4/4 FT | 5/5 EE | 4/4 GA | 3/3 IG | 4/5 PB | 2/4 BOB 4/4 minis
    I just make it look easy sometimes. ~Daglar

Quote Originally Posted by Xenoheart View Post
    1) Will this be a slot-free craft? (similar to survival and fishing) or will this be a slot consuming craft?
    2) If its a slot consuming craft, will the cap be raised so we can purchase another slot?

I hope it`s a slot consuming craft and that the limit will be extended by 1- easy money for Trion, but a investment you have to make if you want to have all 10 crafting professions.

3) Will a credit consumable also be implemented to be able to remove really desirable orbs from equipment when upgrading like we can with runes?

You could produce them in mass and I guess you would only get a orb back which you could roll on an other item...so your max roll will probably not be saved.

4) Is there a level limit imposed on dream weaving orbs? I haven't tested yet so maybe others can answer this for me. I'd assume you wouldn't intend for the master level ones to be able to be equipped on newb armor.

The orbs are scaling with required lv of the item and the item tier- I did not test if rarity also is a factor, but If iirc the blue expert helmet and the epic expert helmet got the same max roll.
    Post Answered

4.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #19
    Rift Team

Thanks for the feedback and suggestions! Some quick answers -

My questions and suggestions so far:
    Dream Weaving requires a tradeskill slot.

With 2.6, the tradeskill cap will be raised to 10. You'll be able to have all crafting and harvesting tradeskills on a single character.

No; Dream Orbs don't retain stats on them like runes do. A Dream Orb's random roll is made when you apply it to an item, and the stats the item gets are based on your Calling as well as the item's level. So if we were to let you remove Dream Orbs, they'd be exactly like unused Dream Orbs.

When we tested the Orbs, it turned out that items below level 40 didn't get enough of a bonus to be useful. So, you are blocked from applying a Dream Orb to those items.

Quote Originally Posted by Faratha View Post
    When we tested the Orbs, it turned out that items below level 40 didn't get enough of a bonus to be useful. So, you are blocked from applying a Dream Orb to those items.
    Oki, that makes sense. I have only one question in reguards to this, and its likely to those at home on the PTS playing around with it right now.

The first rank or two of dreamweaving doesnt include dream orb recipes do they? While leveling, you can easily see level required to equip things when you craft say a sword, and typically lower rank crafting has things you can equip at respective low levels of a charactor. Thus higher ranks, like master, contains crafted equippables that you have to be a higher level to equip, like say a lvl 60 blue sword will require grandmaster crafting vs a level 10 sword requiring novice (apprentice?? cant remember the name used) crafting.

It would be unfortunate however, if a dreamweaver gains access to crafting orbs within the first rank or two, if they can't actually use them until level 40 or higher. Thats like artificing introducing a lvl 40 ring at the lowest rank, but you can't use it till way later in your gaming.

So thus is my question...are dream orbs available at low ranks even though they can't be equipped until level 40? and if so, did the devs intend it that way?

Sorry wont be home till tomorrow or I'd check it myself but I'd rather ranks filled with more things craftable and usable at appropriate ranks than not.
    Xenohart
    http://www.fractureguild.enjin.com/ | twitch.tv/xenohartgaming
    4/4 TDQ | 4/4 FT | 5/5 EE | 4/4 GA | 3/3 IG | 4/5 PB | 2/4 BOB 4/4 minis
    I just make it look easy sometimes. ~Daglar

6.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #21
    Rift Team

A few more answers -

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamosa View Post
    *All items need a description. Give the Crafter an Idea of what they are crafting. Of course some are self explanatory, but others, like Dream Orbs, need an explaination.
    I've added descriptions to the Dream Orbs; they haven't made their way to PTS yet.

*The 4 new Recipes calls for 1 Coruscating Ethereal Shard for each item to make. ...
    All current Dream Weaver recipes that require the Coruscating Etherial Shard will produce multiples of the item being made. Exact amounts TBD.

*Dreamweaver Daily Quests? Did I miss where they are? Or did Trion not place a npc? Just a thought....
    No dailies for this profession.

*I hate the fact that I must drop a craft to get the Dreamweaver. Although I dont think its too much to ask, as a person could always purchase it with credits.
    It's totally not too much to ask. Max crafting professions will go up to 10. This change should be on PTS with the next update.

*I do hope you expand the Dimension Slots, as of right now we have 10, if you are giving us 14 more Dimensions we can create, then at least another 5 slots is reasonable, of course at 100p each slot, that is obtainable.
    We're working on this one.

General of Telara

No; Dream Orbs don't retain stats on them like runes do. A Dream Orb's random roll is made when you apply it to an item, and the stats the item gets are based on your Calling as well as the item's level. So if we were to let you remove Dream Orbs, they'd be exactly like unused Dream Orbs.
    I did find that if you upgrade an item with a Dream Orb buff it will carry over to the upgraded item. Runes do not do this.

Super awesome request: In addition to artifacts, let dream weavers break down mounts and pets. It'll give you some recompense when that daily gift box gives you a 4th copy of a pet you have on all your characters.

With 2.6, the tradeskill cap will be raised to 10. You'll be able to have all crafting and harvesting tradeskills on a single character.

Maybe I mis understand, you mean that we would need to buy another trade skill extension to reach 10 right?
    Intim @ Zaviel EU
    Twitch Channel ,YouTube,Twitter

If this is the case, can it be made so that when an item is upgraded, it retains any Dream Orb that was applied to the base item?

11.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #26
    Rift Team

And one more answer for now -

Quote Originally Posted by Jonus View Post
    Bug: When I go out of Edit Mode in a dimension after placing more than one of the new dimension items, the 'blue box' that is only supposed to appear in Edit Mode won't disappear after going out of Edit Mode.

The only thing that fixes this is going out of the dimension and back in again.

It works fine when I only have one dimension item with the blue box in the dimension.
    I agree that it's a little weird, but that's how the item proxies (blue stars and weather blocker shapes) work.

Also, as you noted, item proxies and VFX are not previewable. The affected items should say they can't be previewed in their descriptions.

Better item icons will be up on PTS soon.

RIFT Community Ambassador the_real_seebs's Avatar

I'd sort of like to have dailies, because a profession without dailies will eat into my stacks of marks for buying recipes...
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

I am so glad you are doing this, Faratha- more player crafting was the main thing keeping me a little interested in WildStar, but I wouldn't leave Rift over it. It's just icing for me. And all profs on a single char? YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!
    Faeblight
    ilexx: lvl 60 High Elf Necromancer/Chloro
    RIFT 3.0 incoming soon... get ready for some surprises!
    Quote Originally Posted by Thitizen View Post
    Helicopters? Tesla Coils? Skrillex?

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Thanks for all the responses Faratha.

I knew it would be super exciting when crafting and Dimensions came together knowing you are at the designing helm of both. So much to look forward. I really love how vivid and real each item and Dimension are and the open spaces now available many have been asking for.

I squealed at how intuitive Dream Orbs are also when you try them in every spec and on all gear. You guys have been so busy and Dream Weaving will add a new spark for many of us Rift vets. Time to start coming up with plans on how to stock artifacts efficiently!

PS Pink Flamingo weapon skin in Rift please

Can we salvage the twisted artifacts ?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast