+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast
Like Tree91Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Dream Weaver

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Seiichiro View Post
    I don't like the changes either, but this is so annoying, that I have to say something about this
    I value your input, thank you.

Not true! Sadly you have no idea!
    So, you are part of that 1%. Good for you and have fun with it. I do not dismiss people that like dimensions, I applaud them. That being said, very few people that play the game do much with dimensions in my opinion. My point still stands that people that

Same as before, because you said the same thing again...
    My point still stands that people that people that do a lot of dimension stuff will level dream weaving, so those items will not sell that well (especially with the super flood of them that will come from leveling).

Yeah... it make it worthless, like the other CD recepts... the CD even gains a virtue...
    Never said it would be worthless. Dream weavers are going to make bank off of their daily cooldown (if it is daily), but once again, that will be a once a day thing, not an at will thing. I much prefer doing crafting on my schedule, not setting my schedule around a cooldown.

This game has no high barrier for raiding. Even if you want it to. It is so easy to get T2 ready. You have to know what to do, thats the problem. And you don't get this with higher stats!
    If the profanity filter wouldn't censer me, I would have a much more colorful response to this, but I will give my background. I have been playing MMOs for 15 years, starting with EQ. I have raided in most major MMOs, being just behind the super hardcores (was typically 2-3 bosses behind the server firsts. I have been playing Rift since launch, with 2 gaps. First, in chocolate, I quit before we could get into 20 mans because the initial step from raid rifts to Greenscale was too steep for 95% of people and the guild I was with couldn't do it. Came back after nerfs and PA and that barrier was gone. Started raiding SL and was 3/4 and 2/5 before I had to quit due to time in grad school. I have been playing casually for the last 9-10 months and want to get back into raiding, but not hardcore. It has been difficult due to not having got Crucia down. I have seen players come to this game, get 60, spend a few weeks trying to get raid ready, then quit because of not being allowed on raids. That is a barrier. Yes, I know the tried and true elitist attitude that says that someone should put in more than a few weeks to get raid ready, but the fact is that that is not the way that a person new to the game thinks. Yes, I agree that t3, when it comes out, should be for the elite, but at that point 90% of people should be able to do t2. As it is, the % that is doing t1 is too small because nobody wants to take someone who doesn't have the gear or achievements that you get by doing what you wont take them on. Dream orb stats help, and will allow people to pug t1.

There you go: Small supply = high prize! (look at your second statement)
    Level dreamweaving on all your alts = artefact sink (look at your fourth statement)
    [I like it if problems solve by themselfs, you not?!]
    So, what you are saying is the solution is to level the SAME profession on all of my alts? that is not a solution, that is a band-aid and a bloody band-aid at that.
    As far as the supply and demand, what I proposed is a limit on supply that is variable and based on effort (thus rewarding effort), a cooldown is a limit that doesnt care about effort. Thus, someone can log in for 2 minute a day and get the same reward as I could if I was logged in for 20 working on dream weaving. That is what I dont like.

Quote Originally Posted by IamYoshi View Post
    The only thing Muspel about this argument is its invaild seeing as the 2 stack with each other.
    Yes, but most people do not level every profession. Instead, they'll only take three (or fewer). If I'm taking Outfitter and Butchering, then looking at something to fill the third slot, then Dreamweaving makes a lot more sense than Runecrafting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Killian26 View Post
    Who the hell would use RC as primary source of income? You're better off just breaking and selling the mats with RC than making runes that cost more to make than you get in return.
    What does this have to do with anything? I wasn't talking about income.

Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    Yes, but most people do not level every profession. Instead, they'll only take three (or fewer). If I'm taking Outfitter and Butchering, then looking at something to fill the third slot, then Dreamweaving makes a lot more sense than Runecrafting.

What does this have to do with anything? I wasn't talking about income.
    Then what do you think is fair about a recipe having a CD when you can't guarantee it will give you the stats you want for the money. The only reason for adding the CD is to attempt a gate and force the time sink to extend content. RC will never become irrelevant when you can stack the items together so I don't know where that comment came from on your end.

Honestly, I'm not a fan of the cooldown on orbs at all. I get the idea is to slow people from flooding the market or acquiring them (or is it to potentially gate people "gearing up" with them on it?), but it really kills the drive to do it for me.

This will only protect flooding the market for a good week or two, and then the buildup will continue just like it would without a cool down on the orbs.

I don't mind their only being four pieces to orb up now, that's fine to reduce the effects a little.

My second critique is this: Why put an orb on the neck? it's the only accessory to get one. Why not do chest/legs/boots/gloves? Would just make a little more sense to keep it on one side.

Quote Originally Posted by Techie Will View Post
    My second critique is this: Why put an orb on the neck? it's the only accessory to get one. Why not do chest/legs/boots/gloves? Would just make a little more sense to keep it on one side.
    The orb on the neck makes the T2 necks better than the relic event necks probably- also they have to put in the upgrade for the cape now if they don`t want to buff the itemlv of the relic cape which is lower than the Torvan one if you look at the resistance value.
    Also until the patch we don`t know if the Dream Orb enchants gained in power due to some itemlv changes.

If I see some people already promised to sell several hundreds of Dream Orbs I think the cd is a good way to give Dream Orbs a more long term economic value and stop the insane flood on day 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulshield View Post
    The orb on the neck makes the T2 necks better than the relic event necks probably- also they have to put in the upgrade for the cape now if they don`t want to buff the itemlv of the relic cape which is lower than the Torvan one if you look at the resistance value.
    Also until the patch we don`t know if the Dream Orb enchants gained in power due to some itemlv changes.

If I see some people already promised to sell several hundreds of Dream Orbs I think the cd is a good way to give Dream Orbs a more long term economic value and stop the insane flood on day 1.
    I'm not sure that long term value is going to change one bit. Short term value, yes. Long term (as in 4+ weeks after launch) no. They're going to even out like any other market and will not be a hot commodity at all after the first few weeks and people have got their fill.

The benefit to random stats coming from the orbs is easily the fact that you probably need more than one for each piece of gear you upgrade. There will always be a market for them due to this (which is a good thing!). Limiting the supply for the first bit is going to do nothing to the end result at all, honestly.

You may be right about the item level increases, but I also doubt they'd be targeting the neck that closely. Belts and helms could be argued as well since marvelous augments put them higher up the chain than almost all the tier 1 drops.

Telaran

Here are my thoughts on the proposed Orb changes:

1. Remove the CD part completely
    2. Raise the cost of ribbons to 50-100
    3. Lower the amount created to 1-4
    4. Don't limit the slots to 4. Orbs could follow the same equipment slot as notoriety runes. Neck, belt, cape, rings, focus, and trinket. This means less competition for Runecrafters even though orbs stack. Also helps players as they go thru all the notoriety grinds.

This would provide a healthy supply and demand. The orbs would retain value and the millions of artifacts would dwindle to a healthy level.

Quote Originally Posted by Shankapotamus View Post
    Here are my thoughts on the proposed Orb changes:

1. Remove the CD part completely
    2. Raise the cost of ribbons to 50-100
    3. Lower the amount created to 1-4
    4. Don't limit the slots to 4. Orbs could follow the same equipment slot as notoriety runes. Neck, belt, cape, rings, focus, and trinket. This means less competition for Runecrafters even though orbs stack. Also helps players as they go thru all the notoriety grinds.

This would provide a healthy supply and demand. The orbs would retain value and the millions of artifacts would dwindle to a healthy level.
    There's no competition for RC's seeing as they stack together.

Then what do you think is fair about a recipe having a CD when you can't guarantee it will give you the stats you want for the money. The only reason for adding the CD is to attempt a gate and force the time sink to extend content.
    Yes, that is the reason. But there's nothing wrong with gating content so that people don't finish it immediately.

RC will never become irrelevant when you can stack the items together so I don't know where that comment came from on your end.
    Again, I said nothing about Runecrafting becoming irrelevant. Stop assuming that you know what I'm saying and read what I'm actually saying.

Telaran

As I feared, the cooldown is 20 hours. I really just don't know what to think.

My suggestions stand:
    Remove the cooldown
    Make the combine make 2 or 4
    Make Dream Orbs usable on all pieces of gear
    Increase the number of Ribbons needed to make Dream Orbs to 100

The fact that they use Coruscating Ethereal Shards is the limiting factor (plus if you make the combine only make 2 or 4, that is another limiting factor.

I always hear the effort = reward talked about on the boards here, even by Devs. With this change, effort does NOT equal reward. If I work for hours, I get nothing more out of dream weaving as someone who works for 5 minutes a day.

Added to that, Dream Weaving is now going to do little to nothing to lower the amount of white artifacts on the AH that is keeping the AH from going cross-shard. Lose lose.

To think, I was so excited about Dream Weaving, to the point that I have spent hours a day prepping for it for the last month. Now I am let down hard. (I know, test is just that, but I was basing my expectations off of the livestreams. Oh well, I just feel defeated.
    Last edited by keegantir; 01-29-2014 at 04:57 PM.

Telaran

let me guess , next move is to sell cooldown reduction items for craft skills in the rift shop ;)

Plane Touched

They put a 20hrs cd on orb

13.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #178
    Rift Team

Nothing's final until it hits the live shards!

Thank you for your feedback. We're convinced that cooldowns on the Median and Greater Dream Orb recipes aren't so great.

Instead, we'll increase the Dream Ribbon costs, as several of you have suggested.

Look for the changes with the next patch.

Ascendant

Thankyou Faratha
    Quote Originally Posted by Frailaq View Post

tl;dr - Trion should do this: Melee = Turret Ranged > Mobile Ranged

Rift Disciple

20Hr cd on orbs was worst idea ever-nice to se it gone(hopefully).If it went live we will have tens of thousands of useless artifacts flooding ah,on top of thousands unvanted and not-sealable junk made in levelling process.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast