+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Intrepid: Drowned Halls

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #1
    Rift Team

Default Intrepid: Drowned Halls

The leveled-up version of Drowned Halls is now on PTS, so if anyone has actionable feedback, please leave it here. We’re not planning on new mechanics for its live release, though if something occurs to you, let me know. This Sliver is meant to be a T1, so it would be especially helpful to get your comments on damage and health values.

If you’re planning to run through this, let me know, and maybe I can come with and spy on the proceedings.

Thanks!

HP values for the whole population seems too high at the moment.
    From first 2 bosses:
    Jorb 21 mio HP Joloral(2nd boss) 22 mio HP
    TDQ: Zoles 13 mio HP Cyril 14mio HP

Will try to get a group this week to test it.
    Last edited by Soulshield; 10-29-2013 at 12:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulshield View Post
    HP values for the whole population seems too high at the moment.
    From first 2 bosses:
    Jorb 21 mio HP Joloral(2nd boss) 22 mio HP
    TDQ: Zoles 13 mio HP Cyril 14mio HP

Will try to get a group this week to test it.
    Want to this weekend?
    The only way that someone from Cluster 2 is actually as bad as you all say is if they started playing this game in 2.3 (Free to Play launch).

Proud officer and Mage class lead of <Zombies>

Looked up some more values:
    TDQ: trash is around 1mio + HP
    DH: 2,6(little crabs had about 2,4/2,2mio idk anymore) to 6,2 mio HP (trash in FT has about these HP numbers)

Also Isskal HP is 82,3 mio in his inactive phase....don`t know if it is also it`s HP after ativation, but it`s too much ;)

Another issue is the barrier between the 2nd and 3rd boss is missing and also the ritualists around Isskal which are activating the encounter after they got killed are not in there.
    Not cleared something....just sneaked around solo
    Last edited by Soulshield; 10-30-2013 at 11:44 AM.

bosses seemed okay but def not a 2nd tdq, to beat enrage timers on for example first boss 60 is by far not doing it.
    haven't been around when this launched back in the days and only seen the lol boss already dead lvl 50 one as 60 where mechanics just don't exist in that place.

First boss was okay but the lceave after pull is quite harshly quick at about 1s timer, not very lagfriendly, had to tempest that but at least it was fine then, tank didn't lag so that worked.

2nd boss was quite hilarious, didn't rly have much guides or anything and just went in the lets just do it way, took us a bit to figure out how to deal with the adds but turned into quite a funfight then, happy movement and stuff, but I am not hated by our healed as I lagged into bosscleave quite a lot, wasn't punishing and easily healable though, could even be spiced up some since that was rly just an issue w/ ptsdownload running simultaniously and it's not exactly hard to stay at the arse, cleave buff should be fine on boss, add was okay, seemed to tickle 2nd tank even at high stacks, more so tdq level I guess, enrage timer only seemed hard with wrong strat but again I'd suspect 60k isn#t doin it so def not tdq level.

trash mostly did take a little longer though, yep.
    3rd boss seemed rly fun and all but **** the stream loads really really really really ****ing late. saw the animation like 7+ seconds after the running part began.
    had to call it after first pull though, boss doesn't seem that hard but that animation, **** is that mother****er slow.
    Godgrinder,Bloodgrinder,Wowahealer,Totenstille/PlanB/Zaviel/EU

Quote Originally Posted by Geldan
    I don't trust anyone who wants to grind my lord and savior like coffee beans. You are obviously a sick human being. Thankfully no one will believe your horrible advice.

6.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #6
    Rift Team

Thanks for the comments! I've done another revision on mob HP and damage values, bringing the HP down and the damage up. These changes will hopefully go into effect with the next update, otherwise, the one after that. I'll be looking into some of the other issues mentioned tomorrow.

Do you know yet what kind of gear will drop there? Will it be drops that don't drop in TDQ or will it be (partially) the same equip slots?
    Axarion - Warrior - Beep Beep Ima Jeep - 4/4 Minis - 2/4 Dragons
    "You're like the most best thing ever" - Pinkprincess

Rift Disciple

Has there been much/any testing done for people at 60 who don't have raid gear already? Such as if people with gear from experts went in and tried it?

It just seems that in a lot of the videos I see of testing, if they're testing an expert, they test with "expert-quality gear" (gear obtained from other experts or raids) instead of gear you get from adventuring. And testing Raid Teir 1 with gear you GET from there, which is unrealistic, you should be testing with gear below what you can get from there to see if you can get there in the first place.

I.E. be aware of the "bootstrap" problem. Don't pre-bootstrap.

HP of the population seems good now. Ready for testing in expert gear.

Dropwise I would guess that there will be helmet+ shoulders+ chest or legs. Endboss will be some other weapons than TDQ and probably more accesoires.

Quote Originally Posted by krug View Post
    If you’re planning to run through this, let me know, and maybe I can come with and spy on the proceedings.

Thanks!
    This is something being discussed and pushed for during the Extra-Life event. I will not explain it(as Roughraptors is putting it together and streaming it). But here is a link to the thread. We would love for you to watch it and hopefully get some great data from it.

http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...ember-2nd.html

Well, in reflection with raidleader dpscheck seemed like 80-90k enrage timer actually so don#t expect to pull this off in expert gear, could be different with adjusted hp now obviously.

The gear we've seen could be called t1,5

tank ring/neck beyond 120 endu, if memory serves me right.
    wtfbbqawesome.

I wouldn't mind this to stay in as t1,5 raid as that would simply make the transition to ga/t2 in general muuuch easier as totdq does the job well enough to prepare you for t1 20mans from my perception.

We'll see, might get another test in this weekend, gotta get a clear in, see more loot and hope the darn animations load this time
    Godgrinder,Bloodgrinder,Wowahealer,Totenstille/PlanB/Zaviel/EU

Quote Originally Posted by Geldan
    I don't trust anyone who wants to grind my lord and savior like coffee beans. You are obviously a sick human being. Thankfully no one will believe your horrible advice.

Trash: 1.4-2.5 mio HP are okay, but the 4 mio Mobs seems a bit overscaled.^^

Jorb (Boss 1) cleaves sometimes faster than the tank and the other players can move. (my subjective view). We killed him with 20 Mio HP-state, 9 Players (mixed random grp, average t1 raid live gear) could kill him with 2-3 cleave deaths in 4:25.

Joloral (Boss 2, 20+ mio-state) is like he was before. 2 tanks with enough tankhealers and it´s fine. We killed him barely with 8 Players.

Iskaals (Boss 3, 20+ mio-state) oneshot cast was Buggy. I think it called ice shard or sth like that. After failing a rupt, it doesnt kill anyone... it doesnt seem to have any effect on grp. 8 Players, no Fails in moving, so no big deal.

Endboss Hydriss (Boss 4) got around 14 mio HP after fix (instead of ca. 25 mio), but hit our tank like a truck.
    Cleric tank (ca. 70k HP) couldnt stay longer than around 20 seconds with tankchloro, purifier and necro 30% dmg reduce link. (we´ve used our CDs for trash burst kill before). it seems a little bit too high dmg for an t1 raid with tank HPs around 55-65k.
    Last edited by Danaia; 11-01-2013 at 03:21 AM.
    Ex -Game Over

Black Out - FT 4/4 EE 5/5

Trash: 1.4-2.5 mio HP are okay, but the 4 mio Mobs seems a bit overscaled.^^

Jorb (Boss 1) cleaves sometimes faster than the tank and the other players can move. (my subjective view). We killed him with 20 Mio HP-state, 9 Players (mixed random grp, average t1 live gear) could kill him with 2-3 cleave deaths in 4:25.

Joloral (Boss 2) is like he was before. 2 tanks with enough tankhealers and it´s fine. We killed him barely with 8 Players.

Iskaals (Boss 3) oneshot cast was Buggy. I think it called ice shard or sth like that. After failing a rupt, it doesnt kill anyone... it doesnt seem to have any effect on grp. 8 Players, no Fails in moving, so no big deal.

Endboss Hydriss (Boss 4) got around 14 mio HP after fix (instead of ca. 25 mio), but hit our tank like a truck.
    Cleric tank (ca. 70k HP) couldnt stay longer than around 20 seconds with tankchloro, purifier and necro 30% dmg reduce link. (we´ve used our CDs for trash burst kill before). it seems a little bit too high for an t1 raid with tank HPs around 55-65k.
    Ex -Game Over

Black Out - FT 4/4 EE 5/5

@Danaia:

I haven't tested the new intrepid version of DH yet but I perfectly know the tactics (since they are the exact same one just with higher numbers) and if you have deaths due to the cleave on the first boss, it's because you aren't doing it right (or fast enough).

So let me explain the point to avoid deaths from the cleave:
    The tank has to stand as close as possible to the boss. The melee DPSer have to stand as close as possible to the boss behind him (but watch not to be in front or you gotta get cleaved). And so, when someone is brought in front of the boss (a sound is played at that point normally so everyone should be able to figure out when it happens easily), the tank and the DPSers have to quickly run through the boss to "swap" positions and so the person who got brought in front of the boss is now behind the boss with the rest of the melee DPSers.

About the third boss, the blue cast (Ice shard if memory is correct), on completion, doesn't kill someone randomly, it kills the person who has the aggro (so basically the tank). So if it didn't kill your tank when completed, it's indeed bugged.

About last boss, it used to hit more than the others too but what you described is a bit too much indeed.

Happy tweaking Krug

If there's interest I'll set up and advertise for doing this Saturday night, probably like 5 or 6 PM Server time. I have vent and I'll explain mechanics if needed.
    The only way that someone from Cluster 2 is actually as bad as you all say is if they started playing this game in 2.3 (Free to Play launch).

Proud officer and Mage class lead of <Zombies>

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast