+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Intrepid: Drowned Halls

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Soulshield View Post
    Did you use 2 tank healers for the 2nd boss? There is zero reason to have a grouphealer for the first 2 bosses....so 2 tankhealer should be necessary if you do it in expertgear.
    Yes, we had two tank healers and two tanks. Six dps.

The T2 relic tank was on the boss and was getting destroyed. I was in mostly Expert/T1 gear tanking the adds, and was not getting destroyed.
    Dalerin
    Crucia

I thought the run was fun... would rather have done it w\ live gear since having the people in full t2 sets really makes it impossible to give an accurate review of the place.

If the first 3 bosses go down to pugs as easy as in that run we did... I'd think they should buff it unless the whole point is to have the place be a loot pinata to help people get t2 ready...

We had 2 trash drops between boss 1 and 2. One of which a cleric tank neck which people always say they've never seen from TDQ....

The warrior chest piece that dropped off of Iskall is as far as I can tell is best in slot pre t2, which really makes me curious to see some of the other drops from iskall and hydriss.
    <Ascendance>
    Archemys: Kinosia : Indosia: Orlonys
    9/9 <>4/4<>3/3<>3/5<>

+Boss Jorb (Nr.1)

- seems to deal higher tank dmg, but healable.

- Plate DD Warri shoulders have more dexterity than strength. Pls fix. ^^

+Boss Joloral (Nr. 2)

- really hard to heal, also with 2 tanks, puri, tankchloro and defi. dont know how a expert geared tank could handle it.

+Boss Iskaal (Nr. 3)

- seems to deal higher tank dmg, healable.

+Boss Hydriss (Nr.4)

-Trash with 2.1 hitpoints mille are okay now.

- Tank dmg seems to be a little bit slower than 2 days ago.

-flying-phase with addspawn and nests: Little Mobs are buggy. Theyīve gotten nearly 0 dmg pulling them through these geyser fields. They should get significantly dmg if tank kites the mobs inside. we had to play a 2 tank tactics (split dragon/small adds and Boss) with 1 kabba to kill the buggy mobs. Please fix it, that voids can kill them faster again.

- Phase with bubble was fine. cc water elementals and itīs okay.
    Ex -Game Over

Black Out - FT 4/4 EE 5/5

Soulwalker

I took in a group of 8 guild and two pugs in live gear last night, 8/9 t1 and a few GA pieces among the group. Most of us had been in DH at 50, so mechanics weren't a big issue for us. The whole thing took about 2--2.5 hours, most of which we spent on Hydriss.

Jorb: No problem, we had all been there, seemed tuned well but we were able to one shot him with only 1 or 2 deaths

Joloral: Also pretty well tuned, but we ended having to run 2 chloros, 2 70k+ HP tanks, and a defiler due to tank damage along with the bard, so it took quite a while. The cleave can be a bit much early, it was one-shotting people while we were positioning.

Isskal: We were also able to one-shot isskal no problem. Like 50 DH, once everyone knows the fight and the major mechanics it's no problem.

Hydriss: Hydriss took us a very long time. We started out running with a rogue tank and a chloro, but we weren't able to keep aggro on the tank. We managed to kill her by having everyone except a VK, a chloro, and a pyrochon go full AoE dps for the trash, and pulling them in around the stairs. We were also very rogue heavy, so there wasn't too much aggro trouble once we got the mobs together and everyone using incriminate. The main encounter seemed pretty solid, there was a reasonable amount of damage but it was easily survivable if mechanics were done right. We only got past trash once before we got it figured out, but once we had the strat we killed her with no deaths in 2 or 3 pulls. I think the dps check on trash is a bit punishing for the niche it is intended to fill. We had little trouble burning the trash and switching to ST specs, but I can't see a more ToDQ/expert geared group being able to do it.

On a more loot oriented note, our rogues are very excited for the update of the isskal dagger, and everyone loves the end/cp trinket, but the dex/phys crit polearm is a teensy bit dated.
    Last edited by Gibokhaun; 11-05-2013 at 02:56 PM.

5.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #35
    Rift Team

Hereís a quick update of some changes now live on PTS:

The Abyssal Strategistís Watery Morass aura now hits for more damage.

Joloralís main attacks have been brought down a bit, and his rate of attack is a little slower. Iíve reduced the damage of his rear cleave, and the size of his forward cleave. However, Iíve reclaimed some of his stairway to encourage more movement during the fight, and increased the amount of damage the grubsí buff provide the Plated Crippler.

Isskal has a slightly higher chance of casting Ice Shard. Iíve also added some randomization to his Glacial Wave dance.

Iíve reduced the HP of the NPCs waiting for Hydriss to descend and of the Rampant Seaclaws. Hydriss also received a slight HP reduction. Her tank attacks have had their damage brought down, though Tsunami has been buffed a little. As before, Tsunami does more damage the farther you are from Hydriss. The Geysers will do more damage to both players and Rampant Seaclaws.

Quote Originally Posted by krug View Post
    Hereís a quick update of some changes now live on PTS:

The Abyssal Strategistís Watery Morass aura now hits for more damage.

Joloralís main attacks have been brought down a bit, and his rate of attack is a little slower. Iíve reduced the damage of his rear cleave, and the size of his forward cleave. However, Iíve reclaimed some of his stairway to encourage more movement during the fight, and increased the amount of damage the grubsí buff provide the Plated Crippler.

Isskal has a slightly higher chance of casting Ice Shard. Iíve also added some randomization to his Glacial Wave dance.

Iíve reduced the HP of the NPCs waiting for Hydriss to descend and of the Rampant Seaclaws. Hydriss also received a slight HP reduction. Her tank attacks have had their damage brought down, though Tsunami has been buffed a little. As before, Tsunami does more damage the farther you are from Hydriss. The Geysers will do more damage to both players and Rampant Seaclaws.
    Wow, thx for the quick tuning..i like all of your changes done and looking forward to try them out this weekend

Hope to rly get dragged into the good old days xD
    Nynja@Brutwacht also Nynsha@Greybriar

-Terrible Idea- most friendly guild on NA besides other characteristics-

2.5 Rogue Specs Compendium

Champion

This should be fun when it drops on live
    T1:17/17 ------ T2:12/12 ------ T3:4/4
    Greenscale(4)--Akylios(1)--Laethys(2)--Maelforge(2)
    Toxilua(1)--Irauga(1)--Mallevan(2)--Magcilian(1)

Btw, what about the itemization? do you leave it as that Krug?

9.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #39
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by Nynja View Post
    Btw, what about the itemization? do you leave it as that Krug?
    Hey,

We have some item tweaks that will hit with the next update.

Thanks for testing!
    Josh York - Systems Designer (Itemization) - Rift

10.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #40
    Rift Team

I just posted in the Dungeon thread, but DH has received additional damage decreases and a reduction in burstiness to make it more forgiving on expert-geared tanks.

Iíll be out next week, but post your impressions, and Iíll take a look when I get back.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Josh York View Post
    Hey,

We have some item tweaks that will hit with the next update.

Thanks for testing!
    hey my healing trinket from GA has dodge on it, mind changing those stats around too while you're tinkering around? thanks
    eat, sleep, suplex, repeat

Quote Originally Posted by meph1111 View Post
    hey my healing trinket from GA has dodge on it, mind changing those stats around too while you're tinkering around? thanks
    Atleast casters get a decent trinket that is more than cp + end from t2
    Last edited by Axarion; 11-23-2013 at 12:20 AM.
    Axarion - Warrior - Beep Beep Ima Jeep - 4/4 Minis - 2/4 Dragons

Quote Originally Posted by krug View Post
    I just posted in the Dungeon thread, but DH has received additional damage decreases and a reduction in burstiness to make it more forgiving on expert-geared tanks.

I’ll be out next week, but post your impressions, and I’ll take a look when I get back.

Thanks!
    Stream of the run with TS(sry some germans we are, yoda would say):Starting at 3:00:00

So first off, overall the dungeon looks pretty solid, the way it is now...

We dit our run and it took us about an hour to clear it, i posted a video in the dunegons and raids section of the forums, but i will describe the impression and suggestions we got in here:

The trash:

Amount of HP and Dmg seems overall fine for expert geared tanks. You can cleanse or CC mobs so even lower geared tanks can solo tank them, Thats great.

Jorb:

This fight has gotten so lame. We stacked behind him and he did nothing except the hide mechanic that, under my impression, did nothing at all except for a knockback. I dont know if its intended but their should be no way to skip the "stand still" mechanic.

Trash after Jorb:

Wow, thx for changing the aura..now its like in the old days and melees die quickly. love it!

Joloral:

Hmm, this fight was pretty hard compared to Jorb, and we needed 8 attempts to figure out how to do it, but overall the fight seems pretty tuned and interesting for expert geared ppl. Everybody has to do a good job here for the kill. Nothing bad to mention here.

Iskaal:

This fight was too easy again. You barely need more than 2 interupters and the "ring" mechanic didnt seem to be random at all..i guess the starting point is random but not the fact that it still doesnt change the order(f.e. after an outer ring comes an inner ring so you have to run very fast). When you do that the dmg its ok, but if it stays like that the dmg is way too much forgiving. It should 2-shot ppl. At least make Iskaal casting ice-Shard 3 times in a row and let him do that every 30 seconds. That would be nice.

Hydriss:

Nothing to say here.Seems pretty tuned so far. Except that even in Expert Gear we killed her in rughly 6 minutes. If the enrage timer is still at 12 min or so..she has to have way more HP or you reduce the enrage to 8 min or so..just suggesting^^.

Itemization:

Still very confusing. Nearly every item was a ring(even the random trash loot(lol random trash loot I LIKE)) the main and second stats seem pretty powerful but the endurance is lacking in my opinion. Its like 30 endurance on every item..normally its around 50 i guess. also i like the fact that there are items with 2-3 seconds stats (e.g. AP/PC or PC/CP)..can stay that way.

However, i still dont know after 2 runs.If there is anything else than rings/necks/trinkets. I only saw one sword from jorb and shoulders. Also iv seen 2! different tank items from hydriss now.I dont know if you replaced the one with the other. Than it would be ok.

I guess thats all i can say.

Good job though Krug and Yosh!

Sincerely yours,
    Nynja
    Last edited by Nynja; 11-24-2013 at 09:33 AM.

Soulwalker

First of all I made a Highlight on Twitch for just Drowned Halls. You can find this here: http://de.twitch.tv/taknullr/c/3290191

I'm gonna comment from a Healers perspective:

Trash:
    Dot dmg on the Tank is quite high but doable if you have 1 healer dispelling constantly the other one healing. Our Mage Tank got hit pretty hard despite being in full relic gear.

Jorb:

very boring as it is currently, don't know if it was intended like this though.

Trash after Jorb:

Some moments pretty tough with 2 healers. Imho with unexperienced players this could get really annoying at the current state.

Joloral:

The only difficulty is on the tankswapping or when the tanks don't react to the stacking debuff. Aside from that easy. It's like 4 times as hard as the first one. If it was a little easier, I would love it as a difficulty for entry level raids.

Iskaal:

Way to easy. The zone and running mechanics do way to few dmg. If you consider the amout of failing by me and the amount dmg i got. Imho i should have been dead 2 or 3 times for failing.

Hydriss:

Dispell/Healing was okay, could use a little tuning on the enrage as Nynja said.

Itemization:

Stats are quite high but the amount of HP is a little low and could use a little tuning.

Anyway testing was fun so thanks to the other guys.

~Teian

Quote Originally Posted by Tak0r View Post
    Trash after Jorb:

Some moments pretty tough with 2 healers. Imho with unexperienced players this could get really annoying at the current state.
    Yeah you have to interrupt lightning strike it hit me for around 25k+....but still the caster aura did around 4k tics as a tank- maybe 2,5-3k would be well tuned....should still be hitting for 4-5k for dps/heal.

For Joloral: As a tank I got ported sometimes to the door to the Iskaal room, but don`t know why this is happening...it happened in the 50 version also.

We got one pull there the add disappeared...guess it fall through the floor or something like that.

Iskaal: I had the funny idea that you could split the room in 4 pieces for the circle mechanic and in every quarter an other rotation of the dmg zones- so the individual has to pay attention instead of just saying where to move.

Itemization:
    -all plate armor has more dex than str(guess also the 2h weapon from the 2nd boss)
    -some items seems a little bit strong...for example the cleric necklace is about 20SP better than comparable T1 necklaces.
    -the tanking trinket seems a little bit undertuned-it has less endurance than the expert tank trinket from SBP

Josh we need more item tuning

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast