+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree9Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Chronicle - Planebreaker Bastion: Aftermath

Quote Originally Posted by krug View Post
    Hard modes are in for Tesni the Ravenous and the final boss. Good luck!
    Just done both the hardmodes, soloed both of them in a couple of attempts.

Absolutely loved Tesni the ravenous, think its pretty perfect at the moment.

In regards to Mistress Inyra, the adds had wayyyyy to much health and moved extremley fast, the only way I could manage to kill even 1 was if I Planar Overload up and my knockback and CC off CD. Adding to that, it really didn't matter if they got to the boss anyway she seemed to cap at 5 stacks at that wasn't really that 'threantening', she also randomly spins around while casting her double ground cleave cone ability and seems to have a very odd casting pattern with both that and ring of death.

I'll upload a kill video of both tomorrow for you to have a look at Krug.

One thing I also noticed was that the barrier leading to the Warden Thrax room had been pushed back, does this mean there is a chance a Warden Thrax type boss could be added?
    #1 Hardcore Casual - Seatin - RIFT Livestreamer/YouTuber. Check out: www.twitch.tv/seatinmanoflegends and www.youtube.com/seatinmanoflegends

2.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #32
    Rift Team

Ah, thanks for reminding me - I was going to increase the stack size of the blob buff! I'll see about toning down the blobs while I'm at it.

No Warden Thrax, sorry - I just thought that platform would be a good potential spot for the rare mob. Artifacts can now be found there, as well.

Quote Originally Posted by krug View Post
    No Warden Thrax, sorry - I just thought that platform would be a good potential spot for the rare mob. Artifacts can now be found there, as well.
    Well if you want to make every solo/duo players dreams come true I have a proposed idea:

Add a reward under achievements for completing all 4 exisitng hardmodes within the Chronicle, this reward could be something along the lines of 'Key to Warden Thrax's Room'

Then make Warden Thrax a super hard hard mode encounter that you only have 20 minutes to try and defeat before he retreats back to the planes.

Whats that? We just added a sense of progression and accomplishment to chronicles while also making an Algalon style boss? I'm interested.

If you add this in, I will buy 20 worth of credits #bribery, also you can spend like a solid week reading forum posts about how awesome it is while stroking any facial hair you have.

Regardless of which I'll run all the hardmodes again tonight and do a bit more of a detailed breakdown on each one, if you want to GM observe me doing them, I'll PM you my skype details and we can arrange a time.
    #1 Hardcore Casual - Seatin - RIFT Livestreamer/YouTuber. Check out: www.twitch.tv/seatinmanoflegends and www.youtube.com/seatinmanoflegends

Just soloed the hardmodes myself. Good times were had by all. Well, me. I did a whole lot of "Ooooh, sneaky." "Nice move there!" when I was going through.

Esai: I know for darn sure I didn't get hit by Kinetic Redirect, and yet, no [Directionless]. I loved the little bit of fire and his knockback if you don't get out of the Enropic Zones fast enough. Totally got me a couple times: Bam; right off the edge ^_^ What I didn't like was having an Entropic zone vanish near the end of his Grit Blast, since even those last couple ticks are pretty lethal. But, it is "Hard", so I adapted and moved on and didn't get unlucky.

Sharad: He... had more HP? Okay, that's not fair. I noticed a couple poles were missing by the end of the fight. I didn't play around with being hit by everything, so I'm not sure if, say, getting a Heavy Slug to the face is a knockout. I'm thinking those poles need to vanish earlier, via percentages, if, as I suspect, it's time based. And maybe give a slight warning that they're about to "break". If there was something specific that broke them, then I didn't notice it. I still had two or three up by the end of the fight.

Tesni: Oooh, loved that Spew knockback right after I had to break a hive. Caught me twice! Once was by surprise, and once because I was too slow to get out. The "Summon Swarm" phase is still a bit of a window to heal up, since I'm not breaking through that shield, and the adds aren't exactly painful. And she needs a bigger hitbox. It felt like I was standing inside her and still unable to melee, on more than one occasion. But dang, she is close to perfect (so's Esai, btw.). Oh, and that surprise third Acid right after my protective goop wore off at, like, 5% probably would've killed me if she got the cast off. I didn't expect her to break pattern like that. Very nice!

Inyra: I got hit by LOTS of death rings on Inyra, but somehow got server first on [Inyra Miss]. Odd. I stopped caring about the adds when I barely managed to kill one the first time, found I could still live through her death circles at max stacks, and that I couldn't break through her shield. At roughly 50%, she decided to pick a new place to stand and start casting at me. It seemed... arbitrary. And there were so many colorful shapes! Circles and Triangles and Donuts, and things to run to, and things to run from. So fun. And so much HP to burn through! Shame it felt like I never had the buff when I needed it. Still, solid several minute fight that I didn't dare slack through (save for the add phases). Needs a bit of fine-tuning, but very solid. Not quite as beloved as bosses one and three, but it's getting there.

And you have my vote for a superboss for downing all the hard modes. And some meta-challenge and meta-reward for downing every hard mode from every chronicle. Yay, progression!

I am a bit worried about how few people do hard modes. Do you have some kind of numbers for their popularity? Like, what percentage of people hardmode each boss,? How many hardmode it, but give up and kill it normally? Is this kinda 1% stuff, like much of the T2 content is? Do more people attempt Hard Mode Maklamos each week than, say, Volan?

Quote Originally Posted by Seatin View Post
    Well if you want to make every solo/duo players dreams come true I have a proposed idea:

Add a reward under achievements for completing all 4 exisitng hardmodes within the Chronicle, this reward could be something along the lines of 'Key to Warden Thrax's Room'

Then make Warden Thrax a super hard hard mode encounter that you only have 20 minutes to try and defeat before he retreats back to the planes.

Whats that? We just added a sense of progression and accomplishment to chronicles while also making an Algalon style boss? I'm interested.

If you add this in, I will buy 20 worth of credits #bribery, also you can spend like a solid week reading forum posts about how awesome it is while stroking any facial hair you have.

Regardless of which I'll run all the hardmodes again tonight and do a bit more of a detailed breakdown on each one, if you want to GM observe me doing them, I'll PM you my skype details and we can arrange a time.
    An extra boss for completing all the hard modes would be pretty awesome, but considering you can solo the HMs as it is, it doesn't seem like it would be that difficult to unlock and end up as just another boss that drops gear most don't need.
    12/12 -- 15/15 -- 9/9
    Comet Of Ankhet -- 2/4HM
    Lethaemis@Laethys 1600 Primalist

6.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #36
    Rift Team

It would be a lot of fun to add unlockable bosses, but at this point, QA, localization, my producers, and Daglar would kill me. It's a cool idea, though, and I'll keep it in mind for the future.

The way I've implemented the hard modes makes it impossible to track their usage, which is too bad, as that would be nice to know. I may redo them so they can be tracked, but with Aftermath's launch date coming up, it may be safer to attempt this later (maybe once I've gotten ahead of my current schedule).

Hmm. Yeah, it's just a buff, isn't it? The bosses don't, like, change names or anything... wait! What about the Heroic Boon loots? Total bosses killed in ID vs total Boons looted. It wouldn't tell you that, say, Maklamos is the least-hardmoded, but it would be some sort of datapoint.

Oh, and I have a couple quick-and-dirty ideas about implementing an unlockable boss that don't take, like, achievement-aware doors and that kind of programming ugliness.

First: a second instance quest, but can only be progressed with Hardmode kills instead of either-or. Possibly invisible. Possibly timed. And the turn-in NPC would teleport the player to the boss after a confirmation dialog for exactly one shot at it (two shots with Soul Walk, more if they spend credits ^_^)

Second: an NPC near the exit with a stacking buff for every hardmode boss killed. And it "transforms" when it reaches the right amount of stacks. And maybe a despawn timer if it doesn't get transformed.

I mean, obviously the actual boss takes lots of work (though you could totally just recolor Eliam from RD, speed it up, add in some lasers, tweak some values, and call it a day =P). And you have plenty of not-fun things to do, like making sure everything works perfectly before it's released (*scowls at DSM*) but it's totally doable. And I'm so glad it's on the table for the future.

See, I really, REALLY love the concept of "Hey, wait. You burnt through this content crazy-fast, and at the highest possible difficulty? Here's your reward: something that might actually challenge you! Something you might NOT kill without a couple hours of learning the fight." You got an S-rank on the mission, so now you get the shiny reward, wrapped in DRAGON!

And if, you know, the reward was a unique currency that could be used toward buying companions or unique gear upgrades (Trinkets? Lesser Essences? Mainstat + Resist All focus runes?) or a hardmode-worthy retextured squirrel mount, it'd keep players coming back. Or the reward could be 100 FES, and you wouldn't even have to ask the art team for a favor <3
    Last edited by Kolfinna; 11-13-2013 at 10:47 PM.

Um
    Yesterday i completed on normal but now i'm trying it out on HM. Thing is that the first boss does both emotes at the same time knockback + enter the thing.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3