+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Dont spend credits on the pts.

Shadowlander

Default Dont spend credits on the pts.

So I found out the hard way, I spent 47k+ credits on the pts last night to check out the drop rate greaters from the new lock box's only to find that, my credits on live were gone as well and that trion will not refund credits because they are linked server wide.

that being said what the point of having a public test shard if you are going to take away my live credits? not F%$king happy.

"Hello,

Thank you for contacting us regarding having spending your credits on the PTS and not realizing that they also get consumed on the Live Servers as well. In this case, we're unable to assist with this restoration as the credits are shared for your entire account regardless of the server. I apologize for the inconvenience, as we try to make every effort to correct any issue our players may have.

That said, I've forwarded your concerns over to our development team. You will not hear back directly regarding this suggestion, as our development team weighs in on many different suggestions and cannot reply to each one individually. Instead, keep your eyes on the forums for updates where you may see the end result of your suggestion. In the future, you can submit your feedback directly to our development team using our in-game feature.

If you have any additional questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to let us know! Thanks for your continued support of Trion Worlds and for playing RIFT. Your reference number for this question is

Sincerely,

GM Rykurrun"

this is the reply I got for my ticket.
    Last edited by Nitrous22; 08-28-2013 at 09:53 PM.

Default It's all about the...

...now.

(sadly)
    It's better to be judged by twelve,
    than be carried by six...
    "X" thinks, I AM that "X".
    I THINK. Therefore, I Am.

Plane Touched

They explained it before but it s true that i would be mad if it happened to me.
    Imo they should put a warning message when you try to buy on the pts.

I think they said that they are working on improving the ability of the customer service to deal with credit issue. Maybe a dev could post something about this issue?
    Last edited by fayeran; 08-28-2013 at 10:49 PM.

Soulwalker

OMG! Im very angry about this

Plane Touched

This is by far one of the worst things i've ever heard of trion doing. I guess greed wins overall.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fyrestorme
    cinderburst is a 20% proc or ur doin it wrong

I believe there is even a message on the PTS telling you that any credits spent on the PTS will be deducted from your account, I'll double check this when I return home later.

Edit: I stand corrected! There NEEDS to be a clear message for this.
    Last edited by Seatin; 08-29-2013 at 05:10 AM.
    #1 Hardcore Casual - Seatin - RIFT Livestreamer/YouTuber. Check out: www.twitch.tv/seatinmanoflegends and www.youtube.com/seatinmanoflegends

Shadowlander

since when have the servers been linked and why isn't there a MOTD on the pts warning players of this issue.

Champion

.. or simply not usable? You play with real money, Trion... on the PTS - a TEST shard! TEST! Test means to see what happens, but without the consequences - or do you simply count on the inobservance of players? I hope not!

But you TEST your shop on the PTS. So the players who spend REAL MONEY should get the things into the live account too!

I would feel very pranked, if I could spend money for things I cannot get for a longer time than on a TEST shard! I would expect at least , the things out of the chests / bought on PTS would be able to be transfered to your life account!?
    Last edited by Mausea; 08-29-2013 at 01:45 AM.
    Melandra @ Entity @ Zaviel
    A cynic is a man who knows the price of everything and the value of nothing.
    - Lady Windermere's Fan [Oscar Wilde] -

While it's true this has been stated publicly before, and I was perfectly aware of it myself, I'm a bit curious as how players who weren't reading developer posts around the original Store testing are supposed to know this.

As of this post:
    * There's still no MOTD on PTS. There used to be, but it's been gone for awhile.
    * There's no sticky threads indicating Credits are shared on PTS and Live.
    * The most recent developer post on the matter I can find is buried on Page 4 of the Dev Tracker. (And it's a reply to a thread where someone accidentally wasted credits on PTS.)
    * Prior to this post, the most recent post I can find on the actual Public Test Shard forums is THIS on Page 5 where another player was unaware of this and wasted credits.

Nothing else is shared across PTS and Live. You're free to waste all of your plat, mess with every aspect of all of your characters, and nothing affects Live. There's no reason to actually think it would -- It's a *Test server*! The only thing that breaks this trend is... real-life money. Even though nobody in their rift mind would actually willingly spend money on PTS knowing it deducted from Live as well.

It's absolutely ridiculous that this has been left wide open for players to waste hundreds of dollars of credits for so long. Either disable PTS purchases or override them all to cost 0 credits, FFS.
    Last edited by Sonoko; 08-29-2013 at 03:08 AM.
    (V)    (V)
    ミ(◕‿◕。)彡

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Seatin View Post
    It has been clearly stated before that you should'nt spend credits on the PTS as the Loyalty and account features are linked to live. I believe there is even a message on the PTS telling you that any credits spent on the PTS will be deducted from your account, I'll double check this when I return home later.
    Stop blaming players here, Trion should simply STOP the PTS Store from accepting credits if this loss is guaranteed to happen!
    Last edited by Kerin; 08-29-2013 at 03:55 AM.

Plane Touched

Maybe they want to be sure that the credit get correctly counted and everything when you buy the stuff.
    However they definetly need to put a sort of warning (if there isn't i haven't check)

I don't know if it is still true but at the beginning you got double reward for credit spend on the pts store

This is kind of shocking. Why on earth is the spending of credits even available on the PTS? OP, how much does that translate into real-world cash? I can't imagine anyone wanting to spend real-world cash on PTS items, ever. Heck, they should be paying us on the PTS -- we are in fact doing their quality control for them!

If you don't get a refund, then this really is beyond the pale. Out-and-out robbery. None of us should tolerate this from Trion.
    Last edited by Ardor; 08-29-2013 at 04:25 AM.

Firstly, before I come off as sounding like a complete jerk, I feel bad for you losing 47,000 credits.

Now, for starters. What greaters are you trying to farm from the lock boxes? The patch notes clearly state that they are of Rare quality. Rare in Rift is Blue. You can buy all the rare greaters on the auction house (on most shards) for between 5-40 platinum. They are not sought after, they do not combine with lessers to make the relic quality greaters. The Epic greaters are what players are mainly seeking.

Secondly I agree there needs to be a warning. There normally is in the Message of the Day but it somehow got removed, I guess through some form of a patch. This has been stated numerous times since 2.3 first hit the PTS (though we can never assume everyone reads all the dev posts).

Quote Originally Posted by Techie Will View Post
    Firstly, before I come off as sounding like a complete jerk, I feel bad for you losing 47,000 credits.

Now, for starters. What greaters are you trying to farm from the lock boxes? The patch notes clearly state that they are of Rare quality. Rare in Rift is Blue. You can buy all the rare greaters on the auction house (on most shards) for between 5-40 platinum. They are not sought after, they do not combine with lessers to make the relic quality greaters. The Epic greaters are what players are mainly seeking.

Secondly I agree there needs to be a warning. There normally is in the Message of the Day but it somehow got removed, I guess through some form of a patch. This has been stated numerous times since 2.3 first hit the PTS (though we can never assume everyone reads all the dev posts).
    This was from two weeks ago:

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    Unfortunately, as others have said, your credits are tied to your account - not to any specific server.

If the MOTD is missing on PTS, we'll get that fixed up.

~Daglar

if one has no warning message on the pts how are you meant to know there is constant new flow of players to the game some posts get lost. There needs to be a sticky

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast