+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: SUMMERFEST 2013 PTS TEST - Today, 7/10 @ 3:00PM Pacific (10PM GMT)

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #16
    Shiny Ball of Doomy Doom Tacitus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by caitie View Post
    Anything you find on the PTS can be posted. No NDA on the PTS.
    This is correct.

Also, the event has been left up and running on the PTS, but has not been updated sine the playtest. Early next week, we will push an update of the Summerfest content fr those interested in continuing to check it out (or to prepare spoiler guides ;) ).
    Rift Team Designer
    Live Content Watch Commander

"Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash, and I am delighted to say I have no grasp of it what so ever."

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by simun View Post
    Is that a swimsuit I see? (i've got a screen cap but I'm not sure on the pts rules)
    Where'd you find them? I don't see any swimsuits.

Shadowlander

I spent time on the PTS today trying to complete the scavenger hunts. I'll discuss the ones I could not finish, either because the quests are bugged or I'm doing them wrong. All other quests I completed.

Brevane

Summerfest Camping: I found several abandoned camps (tents with and without fires) but the quest never completed.

Chasing the Rainbow: I checked every piece of water in Ashora and never saw a chest. I also never saw any rainbow.

Dusken

Skull Rain: The quest talks about using jump devices. The only ones I know are the leaps pads near Darkrun Wreckage. No skulls on the towers there though.

Danse Macabre: First shouldn't this be "Dance Macabre"? Also I did not find any dead dancing. I should note that the Morban quests I only tried for about 30 minutes before moving on.

Estranged Brew: This has quest markers all over the zone for the quest giver. I'm guessing maybe he moves around? Never found any booze but I didn't look too hard.

Super Charged: I could not find any floating platforms in all of Steppes that worked.

4.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #19

Quote Originally Posted by clymene View Post
    I spent time on the PTS today trying to complete the scavenger hunts. I'll discuss the ones I could not finish, either because the quests are bugged or I'm doing them wrong. All other quests I completed.
    Thank you for the taking the time to do so.

Skull Rain: The quest talks about using jump devices. The only ones I know are the leaps pads near Darkrun Wreckage. No skulls on the towers there though.

Super Charged: I could not find any floating platforms in all of Steppes that worked.
    Both these had significant issues and have been significantly reworked. Hopefully we can get an update to the PTS with these changes early next week.

Summerfest Camping: I found several abandoned camps (tents with and without fires) but the quest never completed.

Chasing the Rainbow: I checked every piece of water in Ashora and never saw a chest. I also never saw any rainbow.

Estranged Brew: This has quest markers all over the zone for the quest giver. I'm guessing maybe he moves around? Never found any booze but I didn't look too hard.
    I will ask the relevant designers to double check these on Monday, if they have not already done so.

Danse Macabre: First shouldn't this be "Dance Macabre"? Also I did not find any dead dancing. I should note that the Morban quests I only tried for about 30 minutes before moving on.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danse_Macabre

There are five different possible spawn points for the dancers. I think I am also going to add more of a hint from the quest giver about where in Morban to look.
    Rift Team Designer

"Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash, and I am delighted to say I have no grasp of it what so ever."

Is there going to be more trappable companion pets like in Pre-SL during Summerfest 2012?
    I know there's a ton of "Capture: ###" daily quests, but those are daily quests that don't reward the actual mob captured.

Back in Summerfest 2012 we had rare spawns that could be caught to turn into companion pets like Tats. Would be awesome if there's a ton of new ones in the SL zones.

Quote Originally Posted by simun View Post
    Is that a swimsuit I see? (i've got a screen cap but I'm not sure on the pts rules)
    Oh my gosh! Post it!

Den of Madness | Greybriar | Den of Badness | Derpwood

Quote Originally Posted by Jonus View Post
    Is there going to be more trappable companion pets like in Pre-SL during Summerfest 2012?
    I know there's a ton of "Capture: ###" daily quests, but those are daily quests that don't reward the actual mob captured.

Back in Summerfest 2012 we had rare spawns that could be caught to turn into companion pets like Tats. Would be awesome if there's a ton of new ones in the SL zones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tacitus View Post
    All the original critter hunts will be returning.

There are not new similar critter hunts in SL zones this year, though there is a new quest series of creature hunts that are needed for the over all Summerfest meta achievement, and that meta rewards a new pet - Stinky the Skunk.

Even though I still wish we had named the skunk "Pepe la Pew Pew"...
    Wow, SL lands are absolutely stingy when it comes to awarding companions. None for achievements, none for festivals. A let-down all the way around.
    Please revert the 2.8 AH fee change!
    <Shattered Chain> of Faeblight

dbe
    Rift Master

I checked out the scavenger hunts but it seems some of them are not yet functioning? I'll wait for another PTS update before trying again.

dbe
    Rift Master

I have a little bit of a problem. When I logged in today, the Summerfest scavenger hunts all auto-completed for me, and the event was gone. About an hour later, it "started" again, but the quests were still complete. I was hoping to test them.

I thought the summerfest event was gonna get updated on pts early this week, any news on when this is going to happen?
    If the road is easy, the destination is worthless...
    Cry havoc! And let slip the dogs of war!

11.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #26

Quote Originally Posted by Helican View Post
    I thought the summerfest event was gonna get updated on pts early this week, any news on when this is going to happen?
    There have been a couple of PTS updates this week, and I think most of the Summerfest fixes are there at this point.

New Summerfest items will not be on PTS before the event goes Live.
    Rift Team Designer

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Tacitus View Post
    There have been a couple of PTS updates this week, and I think most of the Summerfest fixes are there at this point.

New Summerfest items will not be on PTS before the event goes Live.
    New items are on the pts before live today. Not sure if this is intended

Telaran

raid quality rings available with credits? really trion..?
    4/4 GA, 3/3 IG, 5/5 PBB, hungry Greenscale bound,Akylios made into sushi, Laethys no more
    REMOVE VOID STONES CAP

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Natia View Post
    raid quality rings available with credits? really trion..?
    Really awesome
    The ring drops in the past 20 mans have been extremely sparse with may raiders still missing atleast one raid ring after 6+ months of farming. The loot tables were just too big on individual bosses.
    Last edited by shukaa; 07-22-2013 at 03:45 PM.

Rift Disciple

The ring example:
    Artifex Zaviel drops 30 different items. So chances are there are a few things you will never see drop. Partial loot table: http://benstepp.com/rift/

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast