+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: PTS CLOSES 8AM PACIFIC (3:00PM GMT) on Tuesday, 6/11 - LAST CHANCE FOR BONUS CREDITS

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #1

Default PTS CLOSES 8AM PACIFIC (3:00PM GMT) on Tuesday, 6/11 - LAST CHANCE FOR BONUS CREDITS

Don't say we didn't warn you

Tonight is the last opportunity you will have to log into PTS and experience RIFT 2.3: Empyreal Assault before its release on Wednesday, 6/12!

Please make any final purchases at this time to ensure you receive your BONUS credits & prepare for the arrival of RIFT Free-to-Play and The Dendrome.

Have fun and thank you for all of your help - this is a MASSIVE update and we could not have done it without all of your feedback!

Cheers,
    Last edited by Elrar; 06-10-2013 at 06:45 PM.

Shadowlander

Hi Elrar,

Seeing the message ingame, I thought I'd pop in the PTS to do some last minute shopping/credit spending... Now, i'm getting a message saying that the pts is out of date and needs updating, but it hasn't happened yet, and if I want to go in and play, a full redownload is necessary... Is it down or up?

Thanks.

Just Click ok and patch as usual.. its a small patch not the full thing

I'm trying to spend the last of my remaining credits on a race change at barber shop, but it still doesn't work. There has yet to be any official response or update so perhaps we can get one here?

Thanks for the opportunity to test and earn extra credits. I've spent more than enough and am looking forward to the live F2P launch so I can spend my credits for real. Got to have some cosmetics/mounts etc etc
    Marleigh - Rogue - 36/20/20 Assassin/Riftstalker/Bladedancer
    Cyna - Mage - Necro/Elementalist
    Butch - Warrior - Warlord/Champion 'Perfect Solo'
    Harleigh - Cleric - Full Druid with a hint of Shaman
    Light Knights Multi Gaming Community

Default Too soon?

Wow, are you sure you are ready for this Elrar?

I've spent all my credits, but the PTS is locking in just over two hours, and when I last tested it this morning I encountered:

1) Race changes still seem to be not working - typically giving the "a serious error had occurred" warning. I had really wanted to test this, to determine if I'd rather change my race or faction.
    2) The Faen's Retreat dimension that I received as a Loyalty reward completely disappeared when I collected it. Still had my active Dimension, and an earlier inactive one, but no Faen's Retreat.
    3) The two new "Button" buttons on the Dimension tab (which I assume are for additional active Dimensions) still are non-functioning.
    4) Even the Transfiguration Bauble (I received as a Loyalty reward) did not functioning. An earlier one I had bought with credits had worked fine.

Hopefully Trion has fixes for these that simply didn't make it to PTS.
    Last edited by Fangthane; 06-11-2013 at 06:49 AM.
    Founder, and sometime Cleric

Quote Originally Posted by Fangthane View Post
    Hopefully Trion has fixes for these that simply didn't make it to PTS.
    5) Role Extension from loyalty didn't work for me
    6) Trade skill extensions didn't work

( Not sure if there are fixes but I reported them about 2 days ago )
    Last edited by Delmlord; 06-11-2013 at 06:52 AM.
    Rehashed, reskinned content =/= Exciting new content
    Retired from Rift thanks to Square E getting their stuff together

Ascendant

The barber bug is still there! I bet this will make live!

Rift Disciple

The PTS has closed.

Quote Originally Posted by Delmlord View Post

( Not sure if there are fixes but I reported them about 2 days ago )
    Didn't try role extension but trade skill extension worked for me yesterday. I learnt a new skill and the confirmation box (before I learnt the new skill) even said that I had 4 slots with 3 of them used. The new one was properly shown in the character frame skill page.

Annnnnnnnnnd boom! PTS is down for the count!

Darn it! It was the only thing keeping me sane while waiting for the release of 2.3!

Now what am I supposed to do till tomorrow??

Hmm.. Wonder how many seasons of Supernatural I get in between now and tomorrow morning.... :-)

Soulwalker

ACK!! RiftJunkies posted PTS would close @ 10:00 AM PST. I had just enough time to load up PTS, log in, buy credits and when I went to spend them, BOOM no more PTS.

Now I'm sad-faced.

Had to go back to make sure I wasn't hallucinating, not enough coffee in the morning will do that to me!

Quoted from RiftJunkies:

"Later in the day, Elrar also reminded players that the Player Test Shard will be locked and brought offline at around 10 AM PST Tuesday, June 11th in order for RIFT 2.3 patch preparations. If you’re looking to take advantage of this bonus, make sure to do so before that time. "
    Last edited by catthib; 06-11-2013 at 07:13 AM. Reason: backing up my facts

Quote Originally Posted by Delmlord View Post
    I never got enough Loyalty to test the role extensions from it, but trade skill extensions worked for me. I trained Butchering as my fourth and leveled it up somewhat.

Quote Originally Posted by catthib View Post
    ACK!! RiftJunkies posted PTS would close @ 10:00 AM PST. I had just enough time to load up PTS, log in, buy credits and when I went to spend them, BOOM no more PTS.

Now I'm sad-faced.
    Yes, I had been going off the bad info from RiftJunkies as well. That really sucks!
    Founder, and sometime Cleric

14.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #14

Sorry for the confusion there Cathib,

That was the case on Friday but Platform required additional time to prepare for tomorrow's update - as this is PTS we need to do whatever we need to do to make sure everything is in tip-top shape for Update 2.3!

And with that - PTS is now closed to the public. Thanks again to everyone for all of your contributions to help us get to this point, now get some rest & get ready!

Thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by Elrar View Post
    And with that - PTS is now closed to the public. Thanks again to everyone for all of your contributions to help us get to this point, now get some rest & get ready!
    Get some rest? REST? WHAT'S THAT YOU SAY?

I feel like the gal in this old 90's Mervyn's Commercial.

Is it tomorrow yet?

Open Open Open.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast