+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By the_real_seebs
  • 1 Post By krug

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: New Chronicle flags you PvP

RIFT Community Ambassador Slipmat's Avatar

Default New Chronicle flags you PvP

Not a big deal but might be unintended.

When you zone into the Chronicle : Kaaz'Gfuu you get flagged for PvP

RIFT Community Ambassador the_real_seebs's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    Not a big deal but might be unintended.

When you zone into the Chronicle : Kaaz'Gfuu you get flagged for PvP
    Ugh, that's annoying.

This leads to my general observation: I don't think there should exist a mechanic other than "explicit player choice" for flagging.
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

RIFT Community Ambassador Slipmat's Avatar

Okay, in my defense your Honor it was very early for me as it seems to be a herp derp moment

The Chronicle was on the Omega shard which is the PvP test shard so it seems if the game sends you to a PvP shard to use up the instance, you'll flag PvP as per that shard's flag

Indeed, while cross-shard visiting in the 2.3, you won't follow your home server's PvP rule any more but the one of the shard you are currently on. I did the chronicle on the PTS and hopefully, we were both Defiant but I can see that this could bring some problems. Although I love this behaviour, it should only apply in the open world and not in instances. This needs a fix.

5.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #5
    Rift Team

Thanks for identifying this problem and for everyone's feedback in other threads. We're currently looking at a code fix for the issue, but failing that, we may rename the instance to Chronicle/Warfront: Queen's Gambit.

Quote Originally Posted by krug View Post
    Thanks for identifying this problem and for everyone's feedback in other threads. We're currently looking at a code fix for the issue, but failing that, we may rename the instance to Chronicle/Warfront: Queen's Gambit.
    Well, if it's following shard flagging rules... oh, but those are per-zone, so even on a PvP shard, not every chronicle will flag you, just some.
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

Shadowlander

Default Aren't chronicles solo (or duo)?

It's my understanding that Chronicles are limited to one or two players (you or your group of 2). Unless I'm going to be encountering random opposing faction players, I don't really see why it matters if I'm pvp flagged inside the chronicle instance? The npc's that are intended to attempt to kill me are going to do so whether I'm flagged or not. Is the game not unflagging you when it returns you to the "normal" world outside the chronicle?
    Last edited by Zalannia; 06-07-2013 at 02:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zalannia View Post
    It's my understanding that Chronicles are limited to one or two players (you or your group of 2). Unless I'm going to be encountering random opposing faction players, I don't really see why it matters if I'm pvp flagged inside the chronicle instance? The npc's that are intended to attempt to kill me are going to do so whether I'm flagged or not. Is the game not unflagging you when it returns you to the "normal" world outside the chronicle?
    What if the two players are on different factions? You can't be grouped with the opposite faction while flagged..

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by the_real_seebs View Post
    What if the two players are on different factions? You can't be grouped with the opposite faction while flagged..
    That would be a problem then -- although it would be interesting to try entering the chronicle while grouped with a person of the opposite faction, just to see what happens.

+ Reply to Thread